PDA

View Full Version : Help?

Al Coholic
03-09-2009, 01:21 PM
S here's the deal. I have tons of movies. Give or take 200 dvds and counting, I'm always getting/downloading more. I have an idea but I'm no good with technology, so maybe you can help.

First, I'd like to know if/where I can get dvds of seasons of shows for free. Old simpsons/south park seasons and such. I don't mind downloading and copying it myself(so long as its the whole dvd and not individual episodes), but if I have to decript it or change the file format because it won't play in a dvd player I'm not up to it. I'm a busy and lazy person. And they need to be QUALITY.

Secondly, I'd like to combine all my movies(and hopefully simpsons dvds) into one thing. I'd like them all easily accessible and this thing would then plug into my tv. If necessary, I would be open to buying some sort of dvd player device with tons of memory that can upload and store hundreds of movies on it in a freindly format that anyone can easily use.

The key here is to have all my simpsons dvds, movies, everything in one big list organized into different categories that I can click and play with a remote.
I have an old computer I could hook up to the tv, but its a shitty computer. Starting it, opening files, getting up everytime I have to pause it etc makes for a shitty environment, and I'm better off just playing the damn dvds on a dvd player. I want my shit to be pimpin, and nothing less. Not only would this look cool but also be way more convinient than spending 25 minutes finding and then looking through a stack of 200 dvds to find the one you want to watch and then realize its scratched or your freind borrowed it.

If this thing can also be hooked into a dvr so I can record movies off tv and then store it in there, that would maximize the freshness of this idea.

So is it do-able, and if so how?

T-6005
03-09-2009, 03:24 PM
You could always get an external hard drive and a player capable of connecting to those. As long as the files are in the right format it'll be useable.

nameless
03-09-2009, 08:45 PM
i wouldnt know where to start but good luck with it1 im surprised you find time to watch all those dvds!

Al Coholic
03-10-2009, 06:11 PM
i wouldnt know where to start but good luck with it1 im surprised you find time to watch all those dvds!

thanx 4 the awesome contribution!