PDA

View Full Version : Hate those anti-piracy ads?

wheelchairman
03-10-2009, 10:50 AM
This won't work for people in the US, but I've discovered that whenever I put a DVD in, and it asks me to chose the language, if you just chose magyar, it will skip right over all those pesky anti-piracy stuff that Western Europeans are forced to sit through for chosing their own silly language.

Remember this!
Oh and sometimes they are tricky and call Magyar "Magyarsdkogoihjg". But don't let them fool you!

mrconeman
03-10-2009, 10:54 AM
That's fucking awesome, and I love you for it. I've always finished my movie food by the time the fuckin' DVD is actually playing the film.

wheelchairman
03-10-2009, 10:59 AM
The best part? It will take you right to the english menu. So you're only choosing a language to watch the anti-piracy ads in.

LAME!

Rooster
03-10-2009, 11:00 AM
You mean ads like this?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iqNW4vUARxc

They aer pretty much useless. Do they really think that people would be scared of downloading films because of ads like this?

Cock Joke
03-10-2009, 11:04 AM
No DVD I've bought has ever had those on there.

Rooster
03-10-2009, 11:04 AM
No DVD I've bought has ever had those on there.

You lucky bastard...

wheelchairman
03-10-2009, 11:26 AM
Ads exactly like that.

Cock Joke, it's sort of like the EU version of the FBI warning. Except with noise.

Cock Joke
03-10-2009, 11:31 AM
Ah, gotcha!

What I've always hated is how you try to hit the menu button on your remote, or the skip button, and the God-Forsaken message pops up: "This feature currently restricted by disc" I hate that!!!

wheelchairman
03-10-2009, 11:44 AM
I think it's Fox that allows you to skip those though. Or at least fast forward.

Rag Doll
03-10-2009, 12:20 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v257/tragicxromantic/piratejosh.jpg

Virtuoso
03-10-2009, 12:36 PM
You mean ads like this?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iqNW4vUARxc

They aer pretty much useless. Do they really think that people would be scared of downloading films because of ads like this?

Piracy is not stealing. Stealing is piracy.

wheelchairman
03-10-2009, 12:45 PM
I'm quite fond of saying that I wouldn't steal a car, but I sure as fuck would download an almost perfect copy of one.

Virtuoso
03-10-2009, 12:50 PM
When you download something, you just copy it, there's no stealing involved if you ask me. And technically that's true.

0r4ng3
03-10-2009, 01:08 PM
I think less people would pirate stuff if it didn't have such a cool name. I know I don't mind one bit being called a pirate.

dff_punk
03-10-2009, 01:19 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VUNfynI8bdA

Lizardus
03-10-2009, 02:57 PM
I think less people would pirate stuff if it didn't have such a cool name. I know I don't mind one bit being called a pirate.

How a bout kitten Killer or cat eater.

Free?
03-10-2009, 03:15 PM
Virtuoso, it's called stealing information. Ever heard about plagiarism? It's quite similar thing, you copy something you don't own without owner's permission.

P.S.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HGdt9qEVoQE

Llamas
03-10-2009, 03:55 PM
I've never seen one of those ads before... but what I find a bit ironic is that, if you buy the DVD, you have to watch ads that tell you you're a thief. But if you download the movie, you don't see the ads. :P

Flux
03-10-2009, 04:07 PM
Iím a good girl. I donít mind warnings. I adhere to them. Canít skip. Brainwashed.

wheelchairman
03-10-2009, 04:16 PM
I've never seen one of those ads before... but what I find a bit ironic is that, if you buy the DVD, you have to watch ads that tell you you're a thief. But if you download the movie, you don't see the ads. :P

It's like when you expect to see a film but instead there is a spot saying you shouldn't copy the film?

:p but you don't have to watch the ad if you click Magyar! And no one would have ever knew this if I didn't think Magyar sounded like a funny word over a year ago!

Llamas
03-10-2009, 04:26 PM
It's like when you expect to see a film but instead there is a spot saying you shouldn't copy the film?

lol, they're just completely missing their targeted audience. :P

wheelchairman
03-10-2009, 04:30 PM
Oh I knew what you mean and I agree. But then again it also probably scares a few people away from downloading films, or makes them feel all moral about it or something.

Llamas
03-10-2009, 04:36 PM
Oh I knew what you mean and I agree. But then again it also probably scares a few people away from downloading films, or makes them feel all moral about it or something.

Yeah, you're right, I'm sure there are a few people that it basically solidifies it for... I hope I never meet these people :P

And the idea that it tells the original viewers of the movie not to make copies of it for distribution... the people who copy films and put up torrents for them are too hardcore to care about some stupid ad, hahaha.

0r4ng3
03-10-2009, 04:38 PM
How a bout kitten Killer or cat eater.
Nah, it would have to be something I haven't been called lately.

Bipolar Bear
03-10-2009, 05:11 PM
I'm not the slightly scared by those. I got a couple emails from my internet provider bullshitting me about EA Games going to court for downloading copyrighted content after I downloaded a couple Sims games and got detected, but it was evidently just stuff they send to scare people so I ignored them and kept downloading. Nothing happened. I just thought about it and it didn't make any sense at all. I'm not one to fear empty threats.

wheelchairman
03-10-2009, 05:14 PM
Fucking owned EA games, this bad motherfucker right here downloaded the Sims AND ignored your randomly generated warning.

Fucking balls of steel my main man.

*high five*

T-6005
03-10-2009, 09:05 PM
At the risk of sounding stereotypical, I wish the next DVD I bought had an anti-ninja add in it.

BEING. A. NINJA. IS. MURDER.

Jesus
03-11-2009, 07:54 AM
I hate how the sound levels in those ads are usually louder than the movie.

Depending on the dvd player you can skip the whole language thing + piracy warning by pressing 1 or 2 on the remote, right at the time it starts reading the dvd. That will take it straight to the first chapter and skip the index file.

RageAndLov
03-11-2009, 10:48 AM
Thanks, I'll try this next time I watch a DVD :)

Bipolar Bear
03-11-2009, 12:15 PM
Fucking owned EA games, this bad motherfucker right here downloaded the Sims AND ignored your randomly generated warning.

Fucking balls of steel my main man.

*high five*

I honestly wasn't trying to show I had balls of steel, or that I owned the company. It's just common sense. People who do take these warnings seriously are pretty ridiculous but in fact there are many such people who don't take time to think at all. The reason they send those warnings out is that they work with the weak-minded or else they wouldn't bother. If anything, it was a comment on how we shouldn't take empty threats seriously, especially when their aim is to oppress with fear. Companies such as EA Games already make millions and would do the unthinkable for money so I don't even feel slightly morally compelled to obey them when they send out these types of warnings (which are, by the way, clearly an intrusion of one's privacy).

wheelchairman
03-11-2009, 05:02 PM
You see I'm drunk and make a little fun of you. You're sober and right a paragraph. Somehow this doesn't add up.

I didn't read what you wrote cause I don't care. I rag on you a lot but this is something I would've some regardless of user so I don't really feel a need to care about your feelings.

Bipolar Bear
03-11-2009, 05:51 PM
You see I'm drunk and make a little fun of you. You're sober and right a paragraph. Somehow this doesn't add up.

I didn't read what you wrote cause I don't care. I rag on you a lot but this is something I would've some regardless of user so I don't really feel a need to care about your feelings.

This crazy motherfucker right here doesn't care about people's opinions and posts while drunk.

What a punk! High five my man! :cool:

dff_punk
03-11-2009, 06:30 PM
I'm drunk too! What about my punkness? :(

rise_and_fall
03-11-2009, 10:43 PM
I found this parody particularly humorous as I'm studying modern history at the moment :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wdSFe0UgB3E