PDA

View Full Version : The Public Service Announcement Thread.

Al Coholic
03-12-2009, 09:22 PM
If you're at a stoplight, waiting for a green arrow to turn left, and notice that there's a lot of cars behind you, please realize you have a lot of responsibility on your hands. You're essentially setting the pace for everyone behind you. If you take this turn at 10 mph, about 6 cars get to go. But if you take it at 25-30, maybe we'll all make it. So please, when you get the fucking arrow, GO. Your car CAN handle this manuever. It can actually accelerate with the steering wheel turned left, and shift up to 2nd or even third gear. If you're concerned that you as a driver can't handle both going left and accelerating, why the fuck are you driving? You're just as bad as the old lady at the bank making a deposit in pennies. Actually you're worse because I'm wasting gas sitting at this stoplight, so you're both costing me money and the environment. Making people wait at a stoplight for unescessary cycles should be a crime.

Feel free to post your own PSA.

Homer
03-12-2009, 09:25 PM
My name is Carson Mauthe and I approve that message.

T-6005
03-12-2009, 10:59 PM
If you idle for more than 45 seconds you're better off turning the engine off.

Outerspaceman21
03-12-2009, 11:16 PM
When a lane has an arrow in it, that means turn, not keep going...

Yeah, I see that alot where I live.

Llamas
03-13-2009, 01:01 AM
If you idle for more than 45 seconds you're better off turning the engine off.

This is false. It requires more gas to start your engine than to idle for several minutes. You have to idle for about 10 minutes for it to be worth the gas it takes to start the engine.

JohnnyNemesis
03-13-2009, 07:57 AM
zomg totally petro'wned!!

T-6005
03-13-2009, 08:51 AM
I wish I had a better excuse than "I was really drunk and I hate cars anyway."

But I don't.

Also, contact the news! They totally led me astray since I saw that little factoid on last night, related to a truly fascinating piece on cars idling.

Flux
03-13-2009, 09:29 AM
I get a lot more pissed at people NOT signalling. :mad:

Bipolar Bear
03-13-2009, 11:48 AM
Yeah. It depends on your motor.

mrconeman
03-13-2009, 12:06 PM
There's certaintly a pleasure being a pedestrian, and needing to cross the road, theres maybe one or two cars coming each way, but you could definitely make it without the assistence of the traffic light, but you push the button anyway. Awesome.

Outerspaceman21
03-13-2009, 12:15 PM
My truck has an idleing problem where if it isn't warmed up properly, it will die if it idles too low. My dad says he'll fix it because I don't thing one about cars, but he's lazy.

I've have since stopped drving it and moved onto my Toyota Corolla because A)No idleing problem, B) Easier on the gas tank, C) It's just nice to be in a car where the windows, wipers, radio, air conditioning, heater, door locks and dash lights work...

wheelchairman
03-13-2009, 12:33 PM
There's certaintly a pleasure being a pedestrian, and needing to cross the road, theres maybe one or two cars coming each way, but you could definitely make it without the assistence of the traffic light, but you push the button anyway. Awesome.

Like Fight Club, only pathetic.