PDA

View Full Version : Drunken Zuihitsu

T-6005
03-15-2009, 02:06 AM
It's a difficult topic to begin. I'm unbelievably drunk and listening to the new Thornley album, which according to my slightly more sober self sucks beyond belief, so why am I bothering to post to the BBS what has been killing me?

I suppose because those who live within periods of stagnation identify with each other - no offense to the new SUPERMODS with the powers of awesome to crush my great nonAmerican dissent - but we all know the BBS is in a rut. Oh my, look at that, I admitted to the truth we've all talked about for the last five fucking years. It's really amazing that I'll give it voice.

Why don't we act shocked that Miltonian economics don't work. It's a huge surprise, really. This BBS is a fantastic place but it's about as innovative as a grade-school autistic child - occasionally capable of surprising insight but as unaware of the real world as it is possible to be.

Oh shit, is this turning into an essay? Well, FUCK YOU. If you can't bother to read more than three sentences structured in a certain order - and here I don't mean Bipolar Bear or Cock Joke, because I and everyone else know that they are avid readers - you can fuck right off and join your teenage parent brotherhood.

We old-timers who aren't old-timers are getting old. I've said it before and I still say it - we no longer identify with the general thrust of discussion that shows up here, and as much as we wish we did, shortening our lingo and just killing our sentences, we'll never be able to identify with this new generation.

That's the idea. It's a step up on the old - shoulders of giants and all. If only that's who we could be. We parody ourselves incessantly to remain relevant. And we're all so fucking short it's unbelievable.

I feel I can be honest - if Per and Tizz and Vlad and Iza and a select few others (because even streamofconsciousness has its limits) declared they were going somewhere else to discuss what they cared about online, I'd follow.

Does that make me a follower? Perhaps - but I have no problem with that. I'm not the first one to talk about intellectual role models on the BBS, although who knows - I might be the last.

I suddenly (used to spell that suddently) wonder if the grand tradition of BBS thought will die out with Mota Boy telling people that reading their own posts is not worthy of commentary. Wouldn't that be a fucking way to go - a song written in Am finishing on an E7 waiting for resolution.

At this point I'm discussing with myself whether or not to put a period in the thread title. Will it matter? Would more people read it? I do have numbers in my name, after all - that alone will ruin my reading average. Just ask Thomas. He knows the benefits, that Drummerboy123 or whateverthefuck.

Endymion - are you named after the slightlymorethanmediocre Dan Simmons books or one of the many other nongreekmythology wikipedia results? I'd like to know.

I
Don't want to work
Just want to
Bang on the drum all day.

A whole thing is apathy. It's difficult to quantify, because the entire idea is that I don't much care about what's going on in the world around me, and well - I just said what I mean, repetition be damned.

I would have voted for Sarkozy, but he won anyway. I would have voted for Obama, but I'm not an American. I need to renew my student Visa, but interesting as Anthropology, the entire idea of making a career and of working my entire life makes me sick. Fuck it - Bret Easton Ellis is my role model. Now if only I could write and have Bloc Party (or maybe a decent band) write a song about me. Lunar Park was a pretty great novel.

I remember reading BBS posts about members who think about and edit their posts over and over just to tailor it into a perfect mode - well, this one's written just to be perfect. It's being written as fast as I can think of it, which admittedly isn't as fast as I'd like as I'm hammered. All the same, I hardly ever edit my posts because no matter how much I correct my own grammatical mistakes, I - without exception - end up repeating someone else's opinion in different words.

It's a whole skill. Much like using the word Liberal to promote democracy and Free Trade Zones in the same grammatical little package.

Hah - little package. Not talking about my dick there, I swear.

Really.

Blablabla pee into a dixie cup.

Is there really such a thing as a dixie cup?

I am feeling damn good about myself, no matter how bad this truly is - I have always felt good about myself. I think I always will. I have no ambition, no desire to make money or to truly earn a degree. I like knowing what I know and learning when I want to learn. I always have, and yet I feel smarter than nearly everyone around me. When I was 17 I took my SAT fucking wasted and the son of my music teacher made fun of me. 6 weeks later he ended up in the 64th percentile while I ended up in the 98th. I didn't feel better than him. You might think it's because he was good at music, but it wasn't/isn't. He's terrible. I enjoy the music I make because of the process of creation, not because it's fantastic or anything, but I still know it's better than that dude's. Let's not mention his name to spare him internet shame.

The daughter of a biology teacher also made fun of me, but I never had him. She did even worse than the "music" kid.

I find it amusing that any interval can be called the "devil's" interval. Sure, if you play it by itself it sounds pretty evil, but context is the stuff of life.

Time to run with the times. Do you think they pay for editorials on how bullshit is killing the world, or is the entire point of editorials that they're free?

Get that one?

I thought this would have stopped me by now. It's late.

I half feel I should complain about my dad, tell you all the things he did to my mom and to his three children, about how I hid sleeping pills in my underwear drawer on Y2K so my mother couldn't commit suicide, but the truth is that it's fucking hilarious that I thought that of all places, my underwear drawer would be safe. I was THIRTEEN - who do you think stocked my underwear drawer? I was fucking prodigy, alright.

So I won't tell you about my father and my latent inadequacy complex, the one that a Freudian is affecting my life subconsciously even as I'm unaware of my own inferiority complex.

Thanks be to the BBS - helped me think of everything I learn as more of an assimilation of knowledge to be applied to what I see than an objective overview of things.

If I had a shindig, I'd invite a few of you. There's always that to keep in mind.

T-6005
03-15-2009, 02:10 AM
My fuck I am beyond awesome.

Homer
03-15-2009, 02:25 AM
Jesus Christ.

I read the whole thing.

T-6005
03-15-2009, 02:36 AM
Can I help being captivating?

Not really.

Homer
03-15-2009, 04:21 AM
Write a book. I'd buy it.

AND read it.

holland25
03-15-2009, 04:28 AM
Wow, this is the best monologue I've ever read.

Llamas
03-15-2009, 05:18 AM
Ddi not read. But I am runk so I thought I could particpate!

ad8
03-15-2009, 05:23 AM
I love that post. You should make a song out of this.

Llamas
03-15-2009, 05:28 AM
It is not quiet depressing eonough though, is it?

_Lost_
03-15-2009, 08:49 AM
why in the fuck did i read the whole damn thing???

wheelchairman
03-15-2009, 09:04 AM
I read it.

The first part vaguely reminded me of Ricky Gervais, I now find that your posts are get *even* better with a fake British accent.

Good interesting post.

Rag Doll
03-15-2009, 09:05 AM
Write a book. I'd buy it.

AND read it.

yes, this.

Bipolar Bear
03-15-2009, 09:36 AM
Holy shit. You have just proved to the world that making speeches while drunk makes them 1000% more awesome. Loved it...................

WebDudette
03-15-2009, 12:17 PM
The content? I wasn't that interested, the writing however; If you wrote a 200 page book about nothing, I would read it. Though, you'd probably have to be drunk.

Omni
03-15-2009, 08:58 PM
This should be moved to the Awesome section.

T-6005
03-16-2009, 02:15 PM
I love the reaction. I should start a blog. drunkenzuihitsu.blogspot.com.

Don't bother going - it doesn't exist.

Yet.

Or perhaps I should just get wasted and post on the BBS all the time. It'd feel like a slight regression though, since that's essentially what I spent my first year of university doing.

T-6005
04-02-2009, 09:37 PM
zombie
zombie
zombie
zombie nation

OOOOOHHHHHHHHHHHH

Mota Boy
04-03-2009, 08:22 AM
I suddenly (used to spell that suddently) wonder if the grand tradition of BBS thought will die out with Mota Boy telling people that reading their own posts is not worthy of commentary. Wouldn't that be a fucking way to go - a song written in Am finishing on an E7 waiting for resolution.I am not entirely certain what this means, but after squinting at it for a couple seconds, I take it as a compliment.

Al Coholic
04-03-2009, 08:36 AM
I am runk

Gotta love this.

T-6005
04-05-2009, 01:57 AM
Admit it.

Zuihitsu is the coolest word you've ever heard.3

DRUINKDRUJNKDRUNK

T-6005
04-05-2009, 01:58 AM
I am not entirely certain what this means, but after squinting at it for a couple seconds, I take it as a compliment.

deffo sort of a compliment in that you were awesome before and then one day you were all oh no you dint make this comment and you should stick to objective awesomeism

Budzy
04-05-2009, 02:04 AM
Jesus Christ.

I read the whole thing.

I read about 3 quarters of it, until I realised that I didn't understand one bit of it, then wondered why am I even bothering reading it.