PDA

View Full Version : I fucking hate fake st paddy s day k?

Llamas
03-15-2009, 04:22 AM
so like all thes fucking posers were out tonight for fake st pattys day and I was all like HEY ST PATTYD SAY IS ON TEUSDAY FUCKERS and everyeone was like hey I work on tueday and I was like a) spring break asshole
or

2) request off of fucking work. god dam it, why don't you udnerstdand drinking? You request off for that shit right?

Seriously, who understands? I mean, really. It's not fuckingSt. Patty's day today. It's not.

Tuesday or die.

WebDudette
03-15-2009, 04:28 AM
Right, and the Halloween party I went to was on a Saturday. Whats your point?

Llamas
03-15-2009, 04:31 AM
Halloween =/- st patty's day, duh.

drummerbecca
03-15-2009, 04:35 AM
I don't really get this either, to be honest. I wonder if half of them even know what St Patrick's Day actually celebrates. I'd be willing to bet they haven't got a fucking clue.

Llamas
03-15-2009, 04:40 AM
I don't really get this either, to be honest. I wonder if half of them even know what St Patrick's Day actually celebrates. I'd be willing to bet they haven't got a fucking clue.

TRshis is part ofmy point. actually. :)

randman21
03-15-2009, 04:45 AM
So, for the record, we're talking about something officially called Fake St Padd's Day? Never heard of it.

drummerbecca
03-15-2009, 04:52 AM
It's not official :)

Llamas
03-15-2009, 05:17 AM
So, for the record, we're talking about something officially called Fake St Padd's Day? Never heard of it.

I hate you so much right now.

drummerbecca
03-15-2009, 05:28 AM
Have you maybe had a few too many, Brianna?
:p

Omni
03-15-2009, 06:11 AM
I don't know about this Practice St. Patrick's Day (I don't drink), but I'm all for a Practice Christmas.

Alison
03-15-2009, 06:18 AM
St. Patrick's day is about getting completely shitfaced drunk, obviously :p:rolleyes:

randman21
03-15-2009, 06:24 AM
I hate you so much right now.
Hahahaha. That was a legitimate question. And I'm sorry to say, the feeling is not mutual.

_Lost_
03-15-2009, 07:35 AM

god bless her soul. she was hating me pretty hard last night too. or earlier today or whatever.

JohnnyNemesis
03-15-2009, 07:38 AM
lol Brianna

Rag Doll
03-15-2009, 08:01 AM
Ohman, too bad I wasn't on last night. Hoboken NJ celebrated St Pat's on the 7th this year. I think it would have made her head explode and made for some ultra angry/funny drunken posts ;p.

I'm going to a St. Pat's party tomorrow (Monday) with some congress members and the NJ governor and stuff. oh thrills.

wheelchairman
03-15-2009, 08:10 AM
At first I thought this thread was by ieroween.

0r4ng3
03-15-2009, 08:28 AM
Ohman, too bad I wasn't on last night. Hoboken NJ celebrated St Pat's on the 7th this year. I think it would have made her head explode and made for some ultra angry/funny drunken posts ;p.
Yeah, I think Staten Island does that, too. We even have the official parade a week before the City's official parade.

mrconeman
03-15-2009, 08:54 AM
St. Patrick's day is about getting completely shitfaced drunk, obviously :p:rolleyes:

First and only sensible thing said in this thread. I can't fucking wait.

WebDudette
03-15-2009, 11:15 AM
As far as I'm concered, if your getting shitfaced in the month of March you can call it a St. Patty's day party if you'd like.

bighead384
03-15-2009, 11:28 AM
Ya wear green and ya get drunk. What a great thing to base a holiday on.

Llamas
03-15-2009, 11:31 AM
I think I may have.... haha.

Hahahaha. That was a legitimate question. And I'm sorry to say, the feeling is not mutual.
I'm still confused about this whole thing and I'm sober now. lol.

god bless her soul. she was hating me pretty hard last night too. or earlier today or whatever.
omg was I?

lol Brianna
SHUTYOURFACE

hahahahaha I probably would've broken something.

At first I thought this thread was by ieroween.
:mad:

First and only sensible thing said in this thread. I can't fucking wait.
First of all, the original post was incredibly sensible!!! wtf! But also, it sounds like you didn't go out yet to get wasted and deem it St. Patrick's day... you're gonna do that on Tuesday I assume, right? haha. This seems to prove drunken-Brianna's point. ;)

T-6005
03-15-2009, 11:32 AM
Green beer gave me the shits last year.

WebDudette
03-15-2009, 11:33 AM
Ya wear green and ya get drunk. What a great thing to base a holiday on.

That is how it is celebrated (most of the time), that is not what it is based on.

Little_Miss_1565
03-15-2009, 11:46 AM
LOL, I was going to go get a corned beef brisket and slow-cook that shit today but then I woke up late because it was my roommate's birthday yesterday. So I might go get one to slow-cook on actual St. Patrick's Day.

Oh, green beer.

And oh the American tradition of co-opting holidays relating to the traditions of oppressed (or, in the case of the Irish, formerly oppressed) minorities. St. Patrick's Day -- drink green beer til you puke, wear green. Cinco de Mayo -- drink margaritas and Mexican beer til you puke, wear a sombrero. I vote for making a bigger deal out of Chinese New Year. Drink Tsing Tao and eat dumplings til you puke, wear red.

Alison
03-15-2009, 11:54 AM
Wtf is green beer? I don't think we have that in Ireland for Patrick's day. I think the American's make a much bigger deal of it.

Jules69
03-15-2009, 12:05 PM
I am glad I don't drink booze of any kind!!!!!!!!! I love corned beef though!!:rolleyes:

bighead384
03-15-2009, 12:12 PM
That is how it is celebrated (most of the time), that is not what it is based on.

I know, I just kind of used the wrong word there.

Flux
03-15-2009, 01:55 PM
so like all thes fucking posers were out tonight for fake st pattys day and I was all like HEY ST PATTYD SAY IS ON TEUSDAY FUCKERS and everyeone was like hey I work on tueday and I was like a) spring break asshole
or

2) request off of fucking work. god dam it, why don't you udnerstdand drinking? You request off for that shit right?

Seriously, who understands? I mean, really. It's not fuckingSt. Patty's day today. It's not.

Tuesday or die.

I should pop over to Dublin and celebrate for real.

Actually, I just wanna go for the Guinness.

mrconeman
03-15-2009, 02:10 PM
Drink Tsing Tao and eat dumplings til you puke, wear red.

This is the first time I've seen anyone mention Tsing Tao since the first time I drank it. It was fucking awesome, I've never found it again.

Little_Miss_1565
03-15-2009, 02:29 PM
This is the first time I've seen anyone mention Tsing Tao since the first time I drank it. It was fucking awesome, I've never found it again.

I loooove Tsing Tao. It can be hard to find. A bar related to the one I work at part time now carries bottles and I luff it. Gung hai fat choi.

nameless
03-15-2009, 03:37 PM
enjoy it while you can, a lot of celebrations like this are being banned in the uk due to them offending ethnic minorities. im not quite sure how them got to that conclusion but its happening more and more often!

ninthz
03-15-2009, 05:38 PM
Wait, did Llamas say poser in a serious context?

ZOMG TRU IRISH

Llamas
03-15-2009, 05:46 PM
I fully approve of 1565's post. :)

Wait, did Llamas say poser in a serious context?

ZOMG TRU IRISH

hahahaha yeah if you can count my post as "serious". :P

Offspring-Junkie
03-16-2009, 08:11 AM
Do we need a certain day to be drunk?

Blackball_
03-16-2009, 11:15 AM
And oh the American tradition of co-opting holidays relating to the traditions of oppressed (or, in the case of the Irish, formerly oppressed) minorities.

the irish ... oppressed? not quite.... pity they couldnt oppress themselves when they were churnin out the potatoes. :p

Alison
03-16-2009, 11:54 AM
the irish ... oppressed? not quite.... pity they couldnt oppress themselves when they were churnin out the potatoes. :p

She meant formerly oppressed...which they were.
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_5OhwJUeC4G0/SWJXbWajpzI/AAAAAAAAAfQ/kcI_4lgN27c/s400/no+irish.bmp

mrconeman
03-18-2009, 06:48 AM
um. The Irish were majorly oppressed once upon a time, don't be stupid.

I'm ridiculously hungover :(:(:(. I had such a good time though.

_Lost_
03-18-2009, 08:17 AM
omg was I?
lol. you sent me like 3 texts saying that you hated me.

LOL! The poor Irish have taken so much shit. Is this not common knowledge?

It celebrates the Irish contribution to America,
and it is a day of FUN, and green......BUT HEY WAIT A SECOND!!! why the fk are you bagging on it?
i do believe that miss becca is actual irish. not "OMG MY GRANDCESTORS R FROM THERE I TINK!", but real irish.

drummerbecca
03-18-2009, 08:23 AM
It celebrates the Irish contribution to America,
and it is a day of FUN, and green......BUT HEY WAIT A SECOND!!! why the fk are you bagging on it?

AAAAHHAHAahahahaaaaa!

My god you're dumb.

RickyCrack
03-18-2009, 08:42 AM
Merry st joseph's day.

Mota Boy
03-18-2009, 09:55 AM
Here's what I don't get - a headline that says "Drunken Mayhem Mars St. Patrick's Day in Ireland (http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20090318/ap_on_re_eu/eu_ireland_st_patrick_s_mayhem)". I mean, talk about some cultural illiteracy there. The only way that headline makes sense is if the reporter meant to write "Marks" but missed the "K" key.

I loooove Tsing Tao. It can be hard to find. A bar related to the one I work at part time now carries bottles and I luff it. Gung hai fat choi.Ever had Tsing Tao Black? Good stuff.

wheelchairman
03-18-2009, 10:10 AM
Maybe the article refers to the New-Ireland colony on Mars?

mrconeman
03-18-2009, 10:13 AM
Here's what I don't get - a headline that says "Drunken Mayhem Mars St. Patrick's Day in Ireland (http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20090318/ap_on_re_eu/eu_ireland_st_patrick_s_mayhem)". I mean, talk about some cultural illiteracy there. The only way that headline makes sense is if the reporter meant to write "Marks" but missed the "K" key.

The reason it makes headlines is because while rioting and general misbehaviour on St Patricks day here ..well basically it's the norm, but last night was fucking far worse than anything we've ever seen just because of St.Patricks day. You're probably unaware of why too.

We're extremely unstable politically at the minute, which is almost as always, but after ceasefires and a peace agreement in the 90's, for the first time since then, just last week there was shootings. The (so called) Real IRA gunned down British soldiers outside of an army barricks, and a police man was shot dead a few days later. Everyone's a little jumpy.

Luckily enough I wasn't near any of the rioting areas last night and had a great time forgetting about such bullshit.

Llamas
03-18-2009, 03:50 PM
Coney, I think Mota's point was that "mars" doesn't make any sense.

RickyCrack
03-18-2009, 10:11 PM
can we talk about st joseph now?

Blackball_
03-19-2009, 05:16 AM
Coney, I think Mota's point was that "mars" doesn't make any sense.

why doesnt it make sense? made perfect sense to me.

_Lost_
03-19-2009, 06:07 AM
you mean like... Girls are from venus, boys are from... ?

Al Coholic
03-19-2009, 06:16 AM
Tsing Tao is the best god damn beer Asia has to offer. I should know, I've had like, 11 different asian beers in my life.

Seriously though shit's good.

T-6005
03-19-2009, 06:29 AM
Makes perfect sense to me, too.

As in mars is from the verb "to mar."

Blackball_
03-19-2009, 07:01 AM
Makes perfect sense to me, too.

As in mars is from the verb "to mar."

newspapers love it, its short, yet still obscure enough to sound clever.

T-6005
03-19-2009, 07:43 AM
Tsing Tao is the best god damn beer Asia has to offer. I should know, I've had like, 11 different asian beers in my life.

Seriously though shit's good.

I don't know, man, I love Tiger Beer. It's awesome. Also, when I was in high school I loved Kirin beer.

newspapers love it, its short, yet still obscure enough to sound clever.
I don't know that it's all that clever or obscure a word, honestly. Perhaps I'm wrong.

Also, during the first half of Mota's post, I - like mrconeman - thought he was referring to the fact that drunken mayhem is an expected norm.

mrconeman
03-19-2009, 07:52 AM
I don't know that it's all that clever or obscure a word, honestly. Perhaps I'm wrong.

Also, during the first half of Mota's post, I - like mrconeman - thought he was referring to the fact that drunken mayhem is an expected norm.

Seriously. I'm almost entirely certain that's what Mota meant, because Mars makes perfect sense.

Mar.
–verb (used with object), marred, mar⋅ring.
1. to damage or spoil to a certain extent; render less perfect, attractive, useful, etc.; impair or spoil: That billboard mars the view. The holiday was marred by bad weather.
2. to disfigure, deface, or scar: The scratch marred the table.

You guys seriously hadn't heard of this word? Llamas/Lost?

anyway: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oYGoSrCe0hY

_Lost_
03-19-2009, 08:27 AM
You guys seriously hadn't heard of this word? Llamas/Lost?

I'm familiar with the word. Its just pluralizing it makes it not register immediately. If it were singular, it would be different, but the plural form of the word makes me automatically think the planet. Now it makes sense though.

T-6005
03-19-2009, 08:28 AM
It's a verb. Adding an s doesn't pluralize it.

_Lost_
03-19-2009, 08:35 AM
there is a reason i'm not an english major.

wheelchairman
03-19-2009, 09:02 AM
Because you tried to pluralize the verbs in the entrance exam?

Al Coholic
03-19-2009, 10:47 AM
pluralizing a verb just puts it into the present tense.

"I want to fuck her"
"nah, she fucks everybody"

Doing so in the wrong instance just makes you sound foreign
"well fucks it then."

mrconeman
03-19-2009, 11:01 AM
Strange how an Irish holiday thread turned us into English language perfectionists.

Cock Joke
03-19-2009, 11:03 AM
grammar nazis are funny.

randman21
03-19-2009, 06:20 PM
Strange how an Irish holiday thread turned us into English language perfectionists.
I find it funnier that it's like the third this has happened this month.

ninthz
03-19-2009, 09:08 PM
can we talk about st joseph now?

You're gay.

darea
03-20-2009, 01:41 AM
My friends celebrated St Patrick's day on Tuesday and were gonna do it again last night, just for the excuse of doing more drinking. And as the uni is on strike at the moment, it means they can party all the time if they want.
I have other friends who went to Ireland for St Patrick's day. I just don't know what (French) people get so crazy about this thing for... Just another reason to party I guess