PDA

View Full Version : Official 2009 March Madness Thread

Thomas
03-15-2009, 04:21 PM
So I'm incredibly stoked that Arizona got picked again. 25 years in a row with Tourney bids, suckas!

I think we might surprise a few people, too. Our team is a lot better than our record would lead people to think. We have some key wins, and 3 of our losses were by one point. Yeah, we kinda sucked it up in the Pac-10 tournament, but I have faith...

Cbonham5
03-16-2009, 11:52 AM
As a Central NY native, i'm obligated to root for SU (there's no way that Louisville is the #1 team in the nation, they beat a Syracuse team that physically dominated them in the first half and that couldn't go on anymore because they just got done playing about 5 games in 4 days, considering the overtimes, by 10 points, they're getting beat by either Kansas or Mich. St in the Elite 8) and I'm actually rooting for a team that the majority of this country has never heard of, Binghamton, to beat my beloved (kind of) Duke in the fist round VCU style...i'm officially pumped up for the Madness

Cbonham5
03-17-2009, 11:44 AM
really, nobody else has an opinion....wow, what has this country come to. Obama has his work cut out

Llamas
03-17-2009, 11:49 AM
The Gophers made it... I'm shocked. We were ranked 17 for quite a while this year, and then things just went wrong. We're a really young team and we started to make some very dumb mistakes. But we did well enough in the Big Ten Tournament to make it in. The Big Ten really kicked some serious ass this year, and I see some of our teams doing quite well in this tournament... Minnesota actually beat Louisville earlier this year, and Michigan beat UCLA.

I wish I was still in basketball band now... I'd get to go back to North Carolina for the second time to watch basketball, though last time we lost in the second round... bah!

AP guy
03-17-2009, 07:28 PM
I think the Badgers will win the tourney this year. hahahahahahahahahhahaaha, suck on that fuckers. actually, in all seariosness, I have Memphis and North carolina in the championship game with North Carolina winning.

RickyCrack
03-18-2009, 07:38 AM
i have unc over memphis too. so far i remember minnesota losing first round, i have michigan winning at least the first game. i don't think i even have michigan state going to the sweet 16, or maybe just making it only that far. i'm not sure.

IamSam
03-18-2009, 08:41 AM
I filled out my bracket according to which teams had the more powerful mascot. Let's just say that the Radford Highlanders and the East Tennessee Pirates go on a roll for a while...

RickyCrack
03-19-2009, 06:44 PM
so far so good for me. so far i only misscalled butler winning the first round. GOOD JOB MICHIGAN!!! sorry minnesota

Thomas
03-20-2009, 10:21 PM
Dick Vitale can suck my red and blue nut-sack. Wildcats are moving onto round 2!

I think we have a very good shot at the Sweet Sixteen, and people were complaining that we even made it into the tourney...

Llamas
03-21-2009, 02:14 AM
Fuck Wisconsin.

Llamas
03-21-2009, 02:15 AM
Fuck Wake Forest.

Fuck Illinois.

Fuck whoever beat OSU.

Thomas
03-22-2009, 11:14 PM
So yeah... How 'bout them Cats going to the Sweet Sixteen...?

I'm hopeful for the Elite 8. It'll be tough, but I've got faith in my boys to take down Louisville. And if we do that, then we're up against Kansas, who we already beat once this year...

coke_a_holic
03-23-2009, 12:55 AM
Maryland's crushing defeat was =(

I have a bracket filled out that sees either Pitt or Oklahoma winning the whole thing. They both seem to be doing pretty well, so I'm feeling good about the choice.

RickyCrack
03-23-2009, 01:43 AM
there's no way pitt can beat unc again, i feel the same way about mich state over kansas. the key games will probably be uconn and memphis, mich state and kansas, and louisville's next game. Oklahoma won't go past the elite 8, they're a strong team and the griffin's are fucking beasts, but srsly michigan game them a run for their money, they also almost lost in the first round. I have memphis over unc in the national championship, at as the tourny is going so far, uconn looks like the strongest team. Also michigan state is looking alot stronger than most of the other sweet 16. If you can win a game and win it closely comfortably at 2 minutes, that's a national champ team. And in the big 10 we play defense first. I'm seriously predicting either michigan state or purdue to be bracket breakers.

hshduppsnt
03-23-2009, 08:03 AM
my teams lost quickly... i haven't had a lot of time to watch basketball this year so my bracket is already going to hell (though my final four is still in it so thats good)...

my only consolation?

The WORST team in the pac-10 to make it... still in :)!
Wooo arizona... way to make the rest of us look good hahaha

Thomas
03-23-2009, 10:51 AM
my teams lost quickly... i haven't had a lot of time to watch basketball this year so my bracket is already going to hell (though my final four is still in it so thats good)...

my only consolation?

The WORST team in the pac-10 to make it... still in :)!
Wooo arizona... way to make the rest of us look good hahaha

We had the worst looking record, yeah, but we weren't the worst team. 3 of our losses were by one point and some of our wins were VERY strong teams (i.e. Kansas, etc.). Us making it to the Sweet Sixteen is evidence of that.

Cbonham5
03-23-2009, 11:45 AM
My biggest mistake was having [B]THE[B] Ohio State University win in the 1st round, despite my bitter hatred for them, also had Miss. State winning at least one game. I got cought up in the post SEC-tourney hype, along the same lines i think Syracuse is in danger of having their magic postseason come crashing down against Oklahoma and Blake Griffin

hshduppsnt
03-23-2009, 12:24 PM
We had the worst looking record, yeah, but we weren't the worst team. 3 of our losses were by one point and some of our wins were VERY strong teams (i.e. Kansas, etc.). Us making it to the Sweet Sixteen is evidence of that.

agreed... though like Cal... you didn't finish very strong...

personally I think UW and SC were the worst teams in from the pac...
UW wasn't very good and it showed.

coke_a_holic
03-23-2009, 08:41 PM
Feels good man.

Thomas
03-27-2009, 05:05 PM
Fuck. My. Life.

Thomas
03-27-2009, 06:06 PM
Fuck. My. Life.

!!!!!!!!!!

Llamas
03-27-2009, 08:10 PM
The Barn has a raised court, and I love it.

http://blog.lib.umn.edu/carl1467/architecture/williams%20arena.jpg

http://www.baseballodyssey.org/blog/wp-photos/20071221-212200-1.jpg

http://www.gopherbasketballtickets.com/img/venues/Williams%20Arena%20Gophers.jpg

<3 our court. I've heard from visitor teams that it's sort of odd to play on, but I've never heard too much in the way of complaints.

Anyway, GO SPARTANS! They gotta come out on top of Kansas...

Llamas
03-27-2009, 08:56 PM
YES MSU! So I messed up on 2 of my elite 8... UConn, Pitts, Louisville, and UNC in the final four... but most importantly, that win over Kansas warmed my heart.

Llamas
03-29-2009, 01:24 PM
I can't believe this! I mean, I have Louisville winning the tournament, so when they lose this game, my bracket is fucked... but I seriously can't help but cheer for MSU. The Big Ten pride is leaking out, but Kalin Lucas is incredible. The whole team is just making me so proud of my conference ;) Totally underrated team this year... also, Minnesota beat Louisville this year, but we were creamed by MSU twice. I'm starting to wonder why I put Louisville winning the championship... lol.

PS: 39 seconds remaining, 64 MSU 49 UL. Wow. <3

Llamas
03-29-2009, 01:33 PM
Yeah I think MSU is gonna knock out Uconn and face UNC in the championship... that will be an amazing if so. <3

RickyCrack
03-29-2009, 03:00 PM
This is big 10 country!

Cbonham5
03-30-2009, 11:49 AM
Bracket. Busted. had Oklahoma (overestimated Blake Griffin) winning it all over Memphis (DAMN YOU ESPN!!!)

Llamas
03-30-2009, 12:07 PM
My bracket has Louisville beating UNC. I'm now just hoping to see MSU whoop UNC.

AP guy
03-31-2009, 12:38 PM
I have all my final 4 teams out with the exception of UNC. It's a good thing I had them winning the championship.

Llamas
04-05-2009, 02:32 PM
Big Ten in the championship game! UNC is going dowwwwwwwn, fags. Go Spartans!

Llamas
04-06-2009, 08:45 PM
gaygaygaygaygay

RickyCrack
04-06-2009, 09:10 PM
fuck this shit. i'm still glad msu made it that far especially after beating 2 of the elite big east teams on the way. so congrats on that, i just wish that last game was a little better.

ps. edit FUCK FUCK FUCK. FUCK U UNC FUCK THAT SHIT FUCK THAT GAY ASS SHIT.

Thomas
04-06-2009, 09:48 PM
Most. Boring. Tournament. EVER.

Arizona was the most exciting part, and we got massacred in the Sweet-16.

arak0r
04-07-2009, 12:36 AM
My bracket has Louisville beating UNC. I'm now just hoping to see MSU whoop UNC.

Big Ten in the championship game! UNC is going dowwwwwwwn, fags. Go Spartans!

gahaha awesome. wanted uconn or unc to win it. not bad bit of revenge for me, since they knocked out uconn.

uconn/unc would have been a far better game.

RickyCrack
04-07-2009, 01:05 AM
uconn mich state was the best game the tourny could've produced, and actually was the best game of the tourney. how many 1 seeded big east teams did unc beat? actually i'm just bitter. i just hope that this year proved that the big 10 isn't as weak as everybody said they were.