PDA

View Full Version : sin city 2

renato piquette
03-16-2009, 05:30 PM
does anybody know when this movie is coming out?

Bipolar Bear
03-16-2009, 05:32 PM
There were rumours that it would come out as early as in 2006 but now people are saying 2009-2010. Seems very uncertain if you ask me.

renato piquette
03-16-2009, 05:33 PM
damn,i loved the 1st one,i just canīt wait til the new one comes out!

Flux
03-16-2009, 05:46 PM
Since Sin City 2 is still in production, I’m guessing fall of 2010.

renato piquette
03-16-2009, 05:47 PM
dammit!i canīt wait so damn long

Flux
03-16-2009, 05:51 PM
Taggied! :D

Outerspaceman21
03-16-2009, 06:11 PM
Robert Rodriguez and Frank Miller stated that they completed the script and shooting will begin as early as april.

Rosario Dawson and Micky Rourke have stated that they are going to reprise their roles.

Miller says it will be an adaptation of the A Dame To Kill For section. Also, talks of a Sin City 3 are going on and rumors says that it will center around the Hell and Back story featuring Wallace, a character based on Johnny Depp whom Miller would like to have protray him.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sin_City_2#Sequels

All the links that state what is there are posted to back it up.

renato piquette
03-16-2009, 06:14 PM
wow,thatīs interesting,too bad they havenīt started shooting yet

Flux
03-16-2009, 06:21 PM
Jessica Alba ♥ She was perfectly cast as Nancy.

renato piquette
03-16-2009, 06:22 PM
iīd love to see benicio del toro again

Flux
03-16-2009, 06:30 PM
I love him in The Way of the Gun! That's probably when I first discovered him.

wheelchairman
03-16-2009, 07:02 PM
It's gonna suck. I can almost guarantee it.

Suck like Robocop 2 and 3...

Which by the way...Frank Miller directed.

Bipolar Bear
03-16-2009, 07:04 PM
Sequels are very likely to suck.
Sometimes, though, they can exceed their predecessor in every way possible.
Ex. The Dark Knight
I don't think this will be one of those times, however.

0r4ng3
03-16-2009, 07:13 PM
It's more likely, according to today's patterns, that this sequel will be really good, but the third one is going to be terrible. That's usually the case with comic book movies. Like Spider-Man, and X-Men, and Blade, the worst offender of them all.

wheelchairman
03-16-2009, 07:15 PM
If you didn't enjoy Spiderman 3, then you have no taste.

And actually Blade 3 is also good, it's just the worst of the blade trilogy.

And X-men 3 is better than the first X-men film. That was a yawn fest.

But my little asian friend, there will be no such pattern with this because it's doomed to fail. Like Frank Miller's most recent project, the Spirit.

Bipolar Bear
03-16-2009, 07:18 PM
It's more likely, according to today's patterns, that this sequel will be really good, but the third one is going to be terrible. That's usually the case with comic book movies. Like Spider-Man, and X-Men, and Blade, the worst offender of them all.

True. It seems that the third movies ARE always the worse.
Sometimes, the second movies suck due to lack of storyline and the fact that they're gimmicks to make money. Now that I think of it, a lot of them are good too though. However, I'm generally cautious of sequels.

Flux
03-16-2009, 07:21 PM
Some sequels suck yeah, but Terminator 2 didn’t suck. Neither did Die Hard 2, Predator 2 or Aliens 2 +3 (Alien 4 was so so.)

Superdope
03-16-2009, 11:21 PM
Seeing as the source material was already written a long time ago, and that it wasn't intended to be a sequel to anything back then, the "sequel will suck" logic doesn't comply here.

They didn't sit down after the succes of the first one, thinking "how can we make the second one even better? I know! A cameo from the fantastic four!!!1!!1!"

jacknife737
03-17-2009, 02:49 PM
I'm pretty excited for it, but i'm slightly worried since i loved the first one too much.

I don't really think you can apply some universal model in which the second film is always terrible; since there are so many examples which prove that is bullshit (Empire Strikes Back, Dark Knight, ect, ect, ect).

I've heard some really interesting things about the casting, Micky Rourke is supposed to be back, and i've heard Johnny Depp's and Rachel Weiz's names get mentioned.

Outerspaceman21
03-17-2009, 08:04 PM

And actually Blade 3 is also good, it's just the worst of the blade trilogy.

But my little asian friend, there will be no such pattern with this because it's doomed to fail. Like Frank Miller's most recent project, the Spirit.

I liked Spiderman 3, but I felt Topher Grace wasn't right for Venom. That was my only beef.

I did enjoy X-men 3 as well, but 2 is my favorite.

Never saw Blade 3.

I heard The Spirit was terrible, but also note that was Frank by himself. Robert Rodriguez directed with Frank on Sin City, with Quentin Taratino as a guest director. Rodriguez is a good director and I certian he will return for the sequel, so I wouldn't call it a fail until it's actually made.

Andy
03-18-2009, 10:32 AM

I seriously disagree, I found Spiderman 3 rather phenomenally tedious although haven't seen the first two, but would expect them to be better than 3.

And actually Blade 3 is also good

That's just a lie. You lie. Why would you lie like that?

OK, I agree with this

there will be no such pattern with this because it's doomed to fail. Like Frank Miller's most recent project, the Spirit.

This I also agree with - films associated with Frank Miller are the prime example of if you through enough shit, some of it will stick. Sin City is the only one of his films that has stuck to me.

RickyCrack
03-18-2009, 10:12 PM
just watch THE FUCKING SPIRIT!!!!!!