PDA

View Full Version : I got less than five hours of sleep.

T-6005
03-17-2009, 05:44 AM
OR - How I will never be satisfied and constantly whinge about the most unimportant details of my life.

I have an 8:30 class, which requires me to get up at a cheerful 6:30. Now, I'm a sleeper. You might be a sleeper too, in which case you know what I mean. I can't fall asleep at night when I want to and generally lie in bed an hour to an hour and a half waiting for sleep, but once I sleep I need to complete my rest. Being woken up any earlier than eight hours leaves me in the state I'm in now.

I'm tired, angry, can't pay attention and I need to pee since coffee is the only thing I'm running on. That's bad enough, but even worse - I hate everything. I got mad at some girls on the bus who moved between discussing Chekov and talking about an episode of Friends (I extra hated one of the girls when she referred to her "fiance" - I hate people who do that). Then I tried to get off the bus and got mad at commuters in general - those smarmy assholes that won't let you through, and little old Asian ladies who seem to think that if they squeeze in front of you it doesn't affect you in any way as you trip over yourself to avoid crushing them underneath your terrible white mass. Then I got mad at the steps leading off the bus and at the bus driver for parking too far away from the curb.

Now I've gotten to class and I fucking hate how early it is, which is the lamest argument ever but I don't care. I know I signed up for it, but still. FUCK FUCK FUCK. Don't they know that York is far away from everything except York? And not living on campus means that I crashed around the kitchen and somehow managed to burn myself on the toaster. When I eat early I feel slightly nauseated afterwards, like my body knows it's not supposed to be up.

I hate how loud this keyboard is when I don't pay attention in class and it disturbs my neighbours as I type. I just gave my classmate a dirty look. Asshole. I can bring my loud laptop if I want - sorry if you have a fancy quiet one.

Jerk.

At least it's not all bad - the weather's finally nice (which means, of course, that more annoying people are out in public), and the word interpenetrate is in big letters on the screen.

Hah - Interpenetrate.

That's great.

What a great day it's going to be.

disclaimer_07
03-17-2009, 06:12 AM
I hate that too. I usually go to bed really late, somehow I can't help it, even if I know I have to get up early. And there's one more thing that totally pisses me off - loooooooong breaks between classes. I'd rather have everything in a row than wait like a fucking dumbass till it's all over for today.

wheelchairman
03-17-2009, 07:32 AM
I'm exactly the same way, anger and everything.

What I hate most about using public transportation is when people walk slowly in front of you. Or when people just stop in front of you. (When walking from one part of the station to another for instance.)

It's fucking rush hour, people are in a hurry for a reason asshole, you could at least move slightly out of my way.

nieh
03-17-2009, 08:08 AM
I hate a lot of things
I hate a lot of people that are lame
I like to hate stuff
Cause then I don't have to try and make
A change
I hate teachers
I hate school
I hate the cheerleaders
And anyone who's cool
I hate the office
I hate the Quad
Don't wanna learn nothing
I want to be a slob

It's cool to hate
It's cool to hate
I don't like nothing and I like that fine
It's cool to hate
It's cool to hate
I don't like nothing and like that fine
Yeah I hate everything
I even hate you too
So fuck you

I'm always thinking bad
I never have nothing good to say
I'd rather tear things down
Than build them up
It's easier that way
I hate the jocks
And I hate the geeks
I hate the trendies
But I also hate the freaks
I hate Doc Martens
And Muscle T's
I'm only happy when I'm in my misery

It's cool to hate
It's cool to hate
Liking something's just a waste of time
It's cool to hate
It's cool to hate
Yeah I hate everything
I even hate me too
So fuck you

It's cool to hate
It's cool to hate
It's cool to hate
It's cool to hate

I'll cut you down and give you lip
Being positive's so unhip
I'll cut you down cause I'm a fool
Being positive's so uncool

I hate the jocks
And I hate the geeks
I hate the trendies
But I also hate the freaks
I hate your band
And I hate TV
I'm only happy when I'm in my misery

It's cool to hate
It's cool to hate
It's cool to hate
It's cool to hate
Yeah I hate everything
I even hate you too
So fuck you

I'm very similar, but it's not contingent upon 8 hours of sleep specifically, but if I'm woken up unnaturally even just an hour or so earlier than I'm used to being woken up, I'll be pretty much the same way, but if I go to bed an hour later and still wake up the same time as normal, I'll be fine (though 2-3 hours later, and that's pushing it).

ninthz
03-17-2009, 09:13 AM
If I get anything less than five hours of sleep I'll either end up not going to class or being at least a little late due to hitting snooze as many times as possible before absolutely having to leave bed.

WebDudette
03-17-2009, 09:17 AM
I got less then 5 hours of sleep and I have a temperature of 102.5, and what you said about waking up early is true to me aswell. Though I don't typically get angry unless I wake up startled (someone yelling at me, loud noises).

Al Coholic
03-17-2009, 09:39 AM
little old Asian ladies who seem to think that if they squeeze in front of you it doesn't affect you in any way as you trip over yourself to avoid crushing them underneath your terrible white mass.

I take it this is the nickname you've given your penis?

_Lost_
03-17-2009, 09:42 AM
i rarely get more than 5 hours of sleep on a week night. usually i hit the sack sometime between 2 and 330 in the morning. i get up for class between 730 and 8.

Outerspaceman21
03-17-2009, 10:32 AM
I got three 8:00 music classes a week. Monday and Tuesday from 8:00 to 9:30, and Friday from 8:00 to 10:00. I usually head to bed at 11:00 and fall asleep at midnight and wake up at 6:00.

Then I drive to school with the fucking sun in my eyes which is fucking annoying.

What really sucks is that after my class, I'm really tried all day.

T-6005
03-17-2009, 11:58 AM
More coffee is necessary about halfway during the day to keep me going. Not to mention that soon I will start drinking.

Seriously though - interpenetrate made my day.

randman21
03-17-2009, 05:29 PM
I got less than 5 hours of sleep today just so I can reply to this thread. No, not really, it just kinda turned out that way.

I used to be a mess when I got anything less than 8 hours, but a few years ago, I decided to intentionally wean myself down because it's unreasonable to HAVE to get that every day. Now, I work at night, and even after 5 hours, I'm fine the whole time.

Rooster
03-17-2009, 05:34 PM
One day i had just an hour and a half long sleep... 5 hours seem long compared to that...

Jebus
03-17-2009, 06:33 PM
I love me. It's been a long time since I had any trouble with sleep. I could probably fall asleep at 8:00 pm if I wanted to without much problem. I got to get up at 5:30 for class so I only average 5-6 hours a night though. May not be the optimal amount, but I still manage without coffee. I rather not get into the habit of drinking it every morning since I become a big baby whenever I get a headache and I'm told that's what happens if you stop.

Bipolar Bear
03-17-2009, 07:13 PM
I've had days with 0 hours of sleep. I didn't like it AT ALL.
I like to have at least 7-8 hours or else I feel tired. Some people don't care if they're tired but man, I really hate it.

WebDudette
03-18-2009, 01:15 AM
I regularly go to sleep at 2-3ish and have to wake up for school at 7am. I never drink coffee, but then again I also sleep like 15 hours sometimes.

Al Coholic
03-18-2009, 09:27 AM
God Dammit that penis thing I said was funny.

sKratch
03-18-2009, 09:58 AM
It was.

I fucking hate waking up before I'm ready to wake up. I know exactly what you mean about the eating thing... I can't eat right after I wake up even if I feel hungry. My buddy has French at 8:30am EVERY DAY (during the week). I would die.

T-6005
03-18-2009, 03:48 PM
Yes it was.

Few things are as satisfying as getting up early and feeling like shit only to go out and get ripped, come home and have sex, and then go to sleep and crash for 13 hours.

Guess what I did last night?

_Lost_
03-18-2009, 05:16 PM
grocery shopping? i need to go myself.

jacknife737
03-18-2009, 09:34 PM
I fucking hate waking up about 15 minutes or so before my alarm is supposed to go off. Worst feeling in the world.

The last couple weeks, i've started to normalize my sleeping habits; i feel better and find i'm actually able do more work in the mornings. And i've virtually stopped consuming coffee or caffeine in general.

Paint_It_Black
03-20-2009, 12:10 AM
I hear ya. Yesterday I had 4 hours sleep then had to work for 14 hours. Actually I'm doing the same thing today and tomorrow too, but I'm hoping to get closer to 6 hours sleep.

T-6005
03-24-2009, 02:06 PM
Today I was supposed to get very little sleep.

But then I decided fuck it and slept 13 hours.

IamSam
03-24-2009, 02:29 PM
I've been exhausted and going to bed at about midnight for the past 3 nights, but then am not able to sleep until 3am. But when sleep does tempt me during those hours my body decides to have a random violent twitch to wake me up.

That, or I forget to turn my computers sound off so at 3am it decides it's sleep time for it and the Window's shut down sound wakes me up.