PDA

View Full Version : Everyone who failed at least one school year post here

sipptaroowsky
03-17-2009, 10:41 AM
Did any of you fail at least one year of middle school, high school, college?

I failed the first year of university of traffic science last year.

I had enough points to get in to the partial second year (bologna) so thankfully I didn't lose any time. This year however it's a little different, one professor doesn't want to give me a signature in his subject (he was happy about it, laughed and enjoyed it), another says that I should have came to a test, sign my name and leave the room and I would have gotten his signature. And the dean is not allowing me to write Traffic Ecology in to the index (the one subject I was actually interested in) and if I stay here I'm losing a year of beautiful torture. Our college was a subject or a corruption investigation last year. I'm thinking of going to the University or Organization and Informatics the next year, it's not as heavy as this one and more interesting\easier to find employment with it.

But over all I'm Book-Lazy.

sipptaroowsky
03-18-2009, 06:08 AM
this is bloody humiliating

drummerbecca
03-18-2009, 06:22 AM
Well, I'm *probably* going to fail this year, which is my first year of university. Now that's humiliating.

Rooster
03-18-2009, 06:58 AM
I failed my first year at university. But i'm doing much better the second time, this time it looks good...

sipptaroowsky
03-18-2009, 01:20 PM
Well, I'm *probably* going to fail this year, which is my first year of university. Now that's humiliating.

when you fail the first one, it's dificult to make up for the loss, but best of luck mate. what college are you going to anyway.

Outerspaceman21
03-18-2009, 01:37 PM
I didn't fail, but my mom held me back a year in kindergarten. They say you should hold off a year and start boys in kindergarten at 6 instead of 5, but my mom was listening to her friends and started me at five and decided to hole me back for one more year.

So, when I was in high school, I was 18 while everyone else was 17 and was every underage cigarette smoker's best friend...

KHWHD
03-18-2009, 06:15 PM
I've never failed in school.

I didn't think it was possible to fail in Highschool, not here anyway. :confused: You get credits for courses that you take (some you HAVE to take) and you could fail one of those classes and you have to re-do it again, but you don't fail that Grade. And you have to take that class until you pass and get at least 50%. Shit, it took me 3 years to pass Grade 9 Geography. Fuck I hated it... and the teacher was a real prick. Fucker.

Edit: You could be in Grade 9 and take a Grade 12 (or OAC) advanced class if you want.

Bipolar Bear
03-18-2009, 06:56 PM
I didn't fail, but my mom held me back a year in kindergarten. They say you should hold off a year and start boys in kindergarten at 6 instead of 5, but my mom was listening to her friends and started me at five and decided to hole me back for one more year.

So, when I was in high school, I was 18 while everyone else was 17 and was every underage cigarette smoker's best friend...

In my opinion, part of the reason that certain people have difficulty at school is that their mental growth is slower than others. Starting school at 6 isn't a bad idea for some children.

It's like puberty or physical growth. Some people get it earlier, some later.

drummerbecca
03-19-2009, 05:40 AM
when you fail the first one, it's dificult to make up for the loss, but best of luck mate. what college are you going to anyway.

Er, it's De Montfort University in Leicester. I'm guessing that I could maybe go back and start the course again but that's not a certainty. I'll have to see just how badly I fail.
I never failed anything in school, just did better at some classes than I did at others.
I was only 4 when I first started school, so pretty young compared to most of my class mates.

Tijs
03-19-2009, 05:49 AM
I was hold back one year in kindergarten too, because I was too playful I guess.
I failed first class in highschool (or secondary school not sure what American system to compare it too) and after passing that on the 2nd try I failed 2nd class too. Yeah I probably wasn't the best student, but I'm currently making up for it.

Smash punker
03-30-2009, 04:32 AM
Well I can proudly claim that I did fail once :D N Im not ashamed, cause Ive met my best friendz just because I failed...:D

Llamas
03-30-2009, 01:15 PM
I've never failed in school.

I didn't think it was possible to fail in Highschool, not here anyway. :confused: You get credits for courses that you take (some you HAVE to take) and you could fail one of those classes and you have to re-do it again, but you don't fail that Grade. And you have to take that class until you pass and get at least 50%. Shit, it took me 3 years to pass Grade 9 Geography. Fuck I hated it... and the teacher was a real prick. Fucker.

Edit: You could be in Grade 9 and take a Grade 12 (or OAC) advanced class if you want.

That counts as failing.

I've never failed out of school or anything, but I got a few D+'s in university... in the sciences. Lame. I retook most of them, though.

KHWHD
03-30-2009, 01:22 PM
That counts as failing.

I've never failed out of school or anything, but I got a few D+'s in university... in the sciences. Lame. I retook most of them, though.

I didn't fail a school year, there's a difference. A course is one thing, an entire school year is entirely different.

Rutegard
03-30-2009, 02:16 PM
i never failed at least one year or even one subject at school. how creepy am i? :eek: maybe i'll start doing it in the future to come!

wheelchairman
03-30-2009, 02:27 PM
I've never actually failed anything, except a workshop which I am re-doing this semester. (Yeah how do you fail a workshop? Beats the shit out of me.)

I was thrown out of the 8th grade though. Good times.

Llamas
03-30-2009, 02:29 PM
I was put on academic probation once because I had a professor who was like 80 and didn't know how to use a computer, and he gave me a D in the class when I actually had a B+. That brought my overall GPA below a 2.5 for the semester, so I had to go through reentrance counseling and shit. It wasn't until after all the counseling and papers I had to write that I was able to sort it out with the professor and get my GPA back to normal.

Cock Joke
03-30-2009, 05:17 PM
I'm still in the third grade lmao

Mellow Chaos
03-30-2009, 06:47 PM
*looks around nervously*

*hesitantly raises hand*