PDA

View Full Version : Would you ever fight in a war?

bighead384
03-17-2009, 07:22 PM
Would you ever fight in a war?

Bipolar Bear
03-17-2009, 08:09 PM
Not offensively since I'm really against it. I'm not patriotic either since I don't care more for a Canadian citizen than an American one, since both lives are equally as valuable to me. If I had no choice in order to defend myself or innocents, I maybe would though. I would hate to kill to restore peace but when you're acting defensively it's more a question of survival.

Jebus
03-17-2009, 08:21 PM
Have Wartortles ever fought in a war?

sipptaroowsky
03-18-2009, 06:05 AM
now I probably might, fight for my home but I'd try to avoid any warcrimes. but in a few years (I plan to get marryed) definetley no.

ad8
03-18-2009, 07:59 AM
They would have to force me into doing so. If my country would compel me to do it then I would at least try not to destroy anything or not to kill anybody.

hangovered
03-18-2009, 08:12 AM
I would propably be a nurse or something. We Polish love to die for our country, we just can't live for it.

mrconeman
03-18-2009, 08:16 AM
Dont know whaaaat it's fooor.

yee .
business.

Outerspaceman21
03-18-2009, 08:20 AM
I would. I would go into the army, though, and if there was a draft, I would go into the Navy or Air Force.

findout5
03-18-2009, 09:29 AM
If the goverment made me fight a war, as soon as I could get my hands on a gun I'd start killing my platoon, the enemies and the allies! Spree-killing motherfuckers! War is gay!

the_offsprings_monkey
03-18-2009, 09:35 AM
Well not that you'd get a choice if it was all out war, but yes, I would.
Anyone who wouldn't step up to defend their country and their families is worthless in my books and a complete pussy 'ole.

0r4ng3
03-18-2009, 10:41 AM
War is gay!
Actually, war is anything but gay, if current policy is any indication.

jacknife737
03-18-2009, 10:59 AM
Dont know whaaaat it's fooor.

yee .
business.

It was the best.

My Respect.

Drafan
03-18-2009, 11:42 AM
No, but sometimes we have no other choice. Good luck this era is peacefull in Europe.

WebDudette
03-18-2009, 01:09 PM
I will fight in the zombie apocalypse.

sipptaroowsky
03-18-2009, 01:16 PM
if you don't have a family that depends on you, then you have no reason not to fight for yourhome, and all of you who wouldn't fight to protect your home don't actually have a home.

They would have to force me into doing so. If my country would compel me to do it then I would at least try not to destroy anything or not to kill anybody.

you can plead for insanity, they wouldn't allow you to get in to the whole holding a gun if you have a paper that says you're insane

I would propably be a nurse or something. We Polish love to die for our country, we just can't live for it.

I bet you'd be a great nurse (chuckle)

Jebus
03-18-2009, 01:26 PM
I decided a long time ago that I would never join the military unless Captain America or Optimus Prime are leading me into battle.

0r4ng3
03-18-2009, 01:38 PM
What about Frank West, of Dead Rising?

He's covered wars, ya know.

Outerspaceman21
03-18-2009, 01:41 PM
I will fight in the zombie apocalypse.

Hell yeah, I would be apart of that army.

zsk
03-18-2009, 02:28 PM
Would you ever fight in a war?

yes if it's...... dammit what means "gerechtfertigt" in english:mad:??? and if my country will be attacked
but i'm sure and lucky this won't happen

Gustavo
03-18-2009, 02:36 PM
No, I probably wouldn't. If my country wanted me to go to the war, they'd probably have to force me into doing so.

Tijs
03-18-2009, 02:48 PM
I would fight for my country if it were to be invaded, not if I'd have to go to Uruzgan or Iraq.

bighead384
03-18-2009, 02:49 PM
I don't think I'd be down with dying for the objectives set by American politicians. If it came down to a security issue (kill or be killed) and there was no other option, I'd fight. But I'd probably be thinking about my family and friends, not America.

hangovered
03-18-2009, 04:19 PM
I bet you'd be a great nurse (chuckle)

What?! That I have everlasting (is this the word?) hangover doesn't mean I would be bad nurse:p Imagine myself saying to dying soldier "shhh...please, be quietly, my head is killing me..."
I know, dying soldier is no fun. I'm drunk, forgive me...

sipptaroowsky
03-19-2009, 09:04 AM
What?! That I have everlasting (is this the word?) hangover doesn't mean I would be bad nurse:p Imagine myself saying to dying soldier "shhh...please, be quietly, my head is killing me..."
I know, dying soldier is no fun. I'm drunk, forgive me...

you'd be a good nurse but I'd be a better one

I don't think I'd be down with dying for the objectives set by American politicians. If it came down to a security issue (kill or be killed) and there was no other option, I'd fight. But I'd probably be thinking about my family and friends, not America.

definetley. I wouldn't be thinking of my goverment, or democray (that's a funny thought) eather. Just protecting my 9000 people population town, I don't give a f**k about anything outside my town...and some small towns near my town... BUT THAT's IT

Anka
03-20-2009, 11:56 AM
I am a "woman" but I would never be a part of any army ... And if it came to kill or be killed, I would probably be killed, but if it was about my friends or family, than I would try to fight for them.

nameless
03-20-2009, 10:21 PM
sometimes people dont have a choice but its not something id like to do really!

Mellow Chaos
03-30-2009, 06:16 PM
I got out of the military last year. FUCK reenlisting.

I was stationed overseas for OIF, right about when the war kicked off.

Over there, I played board games, listened to Splinter a bunch of times, suffered in the sweltering heat, did a lot of manual labor and administrative computer work, worked 9-5's and had one day off per week AFTER 6 months of nonstop "busy work", learned that I could get high on Tussin (DXM (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Recreational_use_of_dextromethorphan)) and that there are safe ways to do it, grew desentisized to mortar attacks, auditioned for a big talent show we had over there, and I was part of a unit that consisted mostly of fuelers.

I don't know that I "fought in a war" though. I did wrestle a bunch of my room mates!

Camilamazed
03-30-2009, 07:08 PM
Definitely. Should that include pillows or food.
^^

Llamas
03-30-2009, 08:59 PM
Interesting thread? No.

Paint_It_Black
01-25-2011, 06:25 AM

You really cannot be compelled. Only strongly coerced. If somebody puts a gun to your head and gives you the choice of fighting or dying you could choose death. Not saying you should necessarily have to make that sacrifice, only making the point that utter pacifism is always an option that nobody can actually take from you.

samseby
01-25-2011, 06:50 AM
No, I think I wouldn't. If someone would attack my family or me or take away my property that would certainly be something different. But fighting a war only because some politician wants me to? No, not really. ;)
But as long as they find someone who is willing to fight things won't change.

Jojan
01-25-2011, 10:44 AM
Only the war on capitalism!

WebDudette
01-25-2011, 03:21 PM
It's not impossible, there are situations where I believe I would go to war.

_Lost_
01-25-2011, 04:09 PM
My boyfriend wants to enlist. I don't think I could ever do it. It's not got anything to do with my opinion on the war at hand or anything like that. I have family and friends who have/are serving and I am proud to know them. I just haven't come to terms with the idea of dying in general, even if it is "for my country".

Offspring-Junkie
01-27-2011, 12:49 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_d8C4AIFgUg