PDA

View Full Version : Phrases

Mota Boy
03-21-2009, 01:44 PM
Are there phrases that stick with you? Allusions or quotes that keep popping up in times, applicable to a great many scenarios or an overall summation of your existence?

For one, I keep finding ..."bursting forth with newness in life" popping into my head, particularly in the spring. I love that phrase, it seems welcoming and warming of the variety of existence.

For guidance, I love the quote "I do not regret a thing I have done, only the things I did not do", by some dying guy who's name I forgot. I mean, goddamn, that's a slogan for life right there. Makes me want to make love to a girl for whom I've been delayin' the good lovin of, while skydiving. We have one chance to enjoy and indulge in the infinite varieties of experience. Enjoy.

For mantra, I like the self-description of "a constant gardener in Eden". Unlike the others, the phrase is mine, and if I say so myself, it's a hell of a mantra. Start digging.

So, what pops up in your brain unbidden? What well-worn neural networks whisper to you?

mrconeman
03-21-2009, 01:59 PM
"Worrying about the past is having no future."

I said this a couple of years ago, while thinking about a bunch of stuff that had happened, and at the time it struck me as quite profound, and every once in awhile it pops back into memory.

IamSam
03-21-2009, 02:01 PM
Never trust a hope.

Cock Joke
03-21-2009, 04:12 PM
"Fuck the juice!!!"

0r4ng3
03-21-2009, 04:15 PM
The quote I seem to remember the most is "The wise man speaks because he has something to say. The fool speaks because he has to say something". It might have something to do with why people consider me a generally quiet person.

Also, I can never remember who the quote is even attributed to.

chicapowerpunk
03-21-2009, 05:03 PM
"I only know that I know nothing" :D

MAXTER
03-21-2009, 06:21 PM
learn from the past
live the present
dream the future

KyleW
03-21-2009, 06:26 PM
"Pain is temporary, pride is forever"

Flux
03-21-2009, 07:00 PM
This one pisses me off: All good things come to those who wait

If you want something, go out and get it instead of sitting on your ass waiting for it to come to you!

Offspring-Junkie
03-22-2009, 05:43 AM
Your flesh may be weak, but your spirit's even weaker.

ad8
03-22-2009, 06:51 AM
Never trust a hope.
This.

"Fuck the juice!!!"
And this:D

Blitzkrieg Bop
03-22-2009, 11:40 AM
'It's not the destination that counts, it is the journey'

'Win the battle, lose the war'

'Making a mountain out of a mole hill'

Rutegard
03-22-2009, 12:05 PM
"don't you ever say Oops in the lab"

Rooster
03-22-2009, 12:18 PM
"Drink! Feck! Arse! Girls!"

So simple, but so true... for those who don't know where this is from, just google Father Jack Hackett

Anka
03-22-2009, 12:35 PM
"Everybody lies"
or my answer to the question what are you doing is: "waiting for Godot"
and there are many more, but I can't remember them right now:(

mrconeman
03-22-2009, 01:46 PM
"Drink! Feck! Arse! Girls!"

So simple, but so true... for those who don't know where this is from, just google Father Jack Hackett

An hero .

Rooster
03-22-2009, 02:13 PM
An hero .

Yep. when he started consuming toilet duck and injecting jack daniels directly into his veins he brought "getting wasted" to a whole new level...

RickyCrack
03-22-2009, 03:41 PM
What's this made out of COOKIE DOUGH?!

ninthz
03-22-2009, 05:19 PM
The light that burns twice as bright burns half as long, and you have burned so very, very brightly.
Well consider the source, son.
the best the best the best the best the best the best the best the best the best the best the best the best the best the best the best the best the best the best the best the best the best the best the best the best the best the best the best the best the best the best the best the best the best the best the best the best the best the best the best the best the best the best the best the best the best the best the best the best the best the best the best the best the best the best the best the best the best the best the best the best the best the best the best the best the best the best the best the best the best the best the best the best the best the best the best the best the best the best the best the best the best the best the best the best the best the best the best the best the best the best the best the best the best the best the best the best the best the best the best the best the best the best the best the best the best the best the best the best the best the best the best the best the best the best the best the best the best the best the best the best

coke_a_holic
03-22-2009, 07:47 PM
I just use a mates of mines motto.

T-6005
03-22-2009, 08:51 PM
I don't really feel mottos springing to mind as I go about my life, and I have a tendency to look down upon those who do.

Admittedly, that's mostly because I'm tired of "I'm not racist, I hate everyone equally" championed as a personal mode de vie, and because I feel that life can't be lived properly with only one philosophy, one saying.

If I absolutely had to give you my outlook on life in as concise a manner as possible, I'd probably shrug.

Almost ironically, I hear that the French are somewhat famous for being shruggers, and yet I feel quite alienated from my land of birth.

This is funny to me.

Offspring-Junkie
03-23-2009, 05:58 AM
'It's not the destination that counts, it is the journey'

That's a good one.