PDA

View Full Version : Bipolar Bear's "All the Small Things" cover

Bipolar Bear
03-21-2009, 06:19 PM
A cover I made today. Enjoy!
Contains vocals & guitar.
Disregard any errors, I made it live and in the middle of writing my midterm paper.

http://www.2shared.com/file/5145245/67507032/All_the_Small_Things.html

Flux
03-21-2009, 07:19 PM
Aww! Your voice is so cute! :D And OMG! You are a pro on the guitar!

Bipolar Bear
03-21-2009, 07:25 PM
Aww! Your voice is so cute! :D And OMG! You are a pro on the guitar!

Thanks! :D

Flux
03-21-2009, 07:26 PM
Hey, J, how long have you been playing the guitar?

Bipolar Bear
03-21-2009, 07:27 PM
Hey, J, how long have you been playing the guitar?

Less than a year. I started at the beginning of last summer :cool:

Flux
03-21-2009, 07:31 PM
Oh wow! You kinda make me want to start practicing again. I tried for a few weeks but I came out worse than when I started. :/

Bipolar Bear
03-21-2009, 07:34 PM
Oh wow! You kinda make me want to start practicing again. I tried for a few weeks but I came out worse than when I started. :/

Hehe, as long as you like music you'll get better at it. I just play guitar for fun. All the Small Things is an easy song to play, though ;p

Flux
03-21-2009, 07:37 PM
I love music, so now itís a case of getting my dad to let me borrow his guitar again. :p

Bipolar Bear
03-21-2009, 07:45 PM
I love music, so now itís a case of getting my dad to let me borrow his guitar again. :p

Good luck! You'll be great then, as long as you're patient. :)

Flux
03-21-2009, 07:48 PM
I need to have patients?

:(

Shit!

:p

T-6005
03-21-2009, 09:09 PM
It's a personal taste issue - I don't much enjoy the sound of your voice. Having said that, at least you're in tune, the song is recognizable and you're (more or less) in time. After a year of playing, it's surprising how many players are singing/playing train wrecks.

Not saying it was perfect. You're out of time a little bit at time and like I said, the voice kind of got to me. But after a year, I can't tell you how much worse my own attempt would have been.

So I think what I'm trying to say is keep up the good work.

bighead384
03-22-2009, 12:37 AM
Awesome dude. You've got a good sounding voice, and you're pretty darn accurate with your pitch. It's just the timing. It's off by a lot. But definitely keep at it, this is great work for only playing for a year.

ad8
03-22-2009, 03:08 AM
You're in tune, the guitar is pretty good for the fact that you only played 9 months or so. The vocals could be a bit faster, though. Regarding the fact that you don't play that long I can say that you did a good job.

_Lost_
03-22-2009, 03:55 AM
All I can really say is that when I had been playing less than a year, there wasn't a conceivable chance that I could pull off singing and playing, so kudos for that. Just keep at it bro.

randman21
03-22-2009, 06:40 AM
An overall triumph. The thing you probably want to improve the most is timing. But after a year of playing, I wasn't even able to play power chords (if I knew what one was, maybe I could've). I just want to say that Tom Delonge is probably the last person you should want to sound like, but you were in tune the whole time. I liked that. What kind of guitar are you playing?

Bipolar Bear
03-22-2009, 09:19 AM
Thanks for listening and for the feedback guys! It's greatly appreciated! :cool:

I can definitely work on the timing. I should probably practise playing and listening to the song at the same time to eventually get it right on the mark. Usually that helps a great deal.

What kind of guitar are you playing?

My guitar is a pretty cheap. It's one of those three hundred dollar guitars. It's brand isn't really common, it apparently is called "rocket special" so it's a copy of another guitar or something. A quick internet search describes it as "pretty much a "made in China" Stratocaster clone".

Cock Joke
03-22-2009, 09:32 AM
Great cover, man! Keep it up!

bighead384
03-22-2009, 10:38 AM
I can definitely work on the timing. I should probably practise playing and listening to the song at the same time to eventually get it right on the mark. Usually that helps a great deal.

However you do it, just pay attention to how the guitar and vocal parts line up. I'm sure it will sound even better once you get that down.

darea
03-23-2009, 01:09 AM
I seem to never be able to download files, and from reading all the comments, I would have liked to be able to listen to your cover too! It's like I never know where to click to download something, and my internet sucks...:(

Rutegard
03-23-2009, 08:22 AM
i liked it a lot

youngish voice :) i really like that!

Outerspaceman21
03-23-2009, 09:44 AM
Good job, Bipolar. Though I dislike every single song that Blink-182 makes, I can at least say you are on the right track.

Timing and voice was an issue for me, though.

dff_punk
03-23-2009, 10:12 AM
Wow, you sound really young! So all the sex talk around here by yourself sounds even funnier to me now :D
As for the cover, sometimes out of time, but melodically it is alright.

Bipolar Bear
03-23-2009, 11:23 AM
i liked it a lot

youngish voice :) i really like that!

Good job, Bipolar. Though I dislike every single song that Blink-182 makes, I can at least say you are on the right track.

Timing and voice was an issue for me, though.

Wow, you sound really young! So all the sex talk around here by yourself sounds even funnier to me now :D
As for the cover, sometimes out of time, but melodically it is alright.

Thanks!
Yeah, my voice is totally young sounding. I'm 17 currently, going on 18 in a month. If you don't like that type of voice I can't really help it, and if you do great!
I'll be working harder on the timing now. I had the vocals and guitars pretty much covered but I kind of need to bring them together. I wasn't really planning on uploading this at all since it's my first attempt at making a cover or anything, and I made it for fun to begin with. It turned out much better than I thought though. *although it's very far from perfect ;p

Bipolar Bear
03-23-2009, 11:28 AM
I seem to never be able to download files, and from reading all the comments, I would have liked to be able to listen to your cover too! It's like I never know where to click to download something, and my internet sucks...:(

> http://manyprizes.webs.com/5213.jpg