PDA

View Full Version : adrenaline

hangovered
03-22-2009, 10:27 AM
So... I just almost cut of my finger. It's amazing, how adrenaline make all of your actions resonable in that kind of situations. I was washing dishes when a glass broke in my heands and I hurt myself really bad. It looked awful, doesn't hurt but when I saw my bone... Ok, doesn't matter. Anyway, I took something (a socks I think) put it as a bandage, took phone, identity card and a wallet and go to nearest hospital. It took me about half minute while my roomate was staring and saying "oh Jesus...oh fuck...oh Jesus...oh fuck..." I was acting fast, took everything I could need although I was in such a shock. That's amazing how human organism is prepared to situations like this. Offcourse now I hardly write becouse I'm so exhausted, and I ate two chocolates.
So, have you ever been in such a situation, when you had to think and act really fast? What did you do? I'm reaaly suprised that I didn't just faint!

Alison
03-22-2009, 10:33 AM
A few years ago, while driving to school, my dad, my friend and i, were in a car crash, where a car drove into the side of ours, cuasing ours to fly into a wall on the otehr side of the road. It was one of the scariest experiences in my life, if not the scariest.
After our car hit against the wall, which seemed like 1 second, it all happened so fast, i opened my eyes and thought i saw smoke coming from the dashboard, and before the car had even stopped moving, i ripped off my seatbelt, and jumped out of the car, rushed to the back of the car, flung open my friends door and shouted at ehr to get out. I did it so fast, and it just seemed so instinctive, and without thinking. It turned out, that the smoke had just come from the airbags deflating.
But the fear of dying, or being badly injured, just makes you capablke of carrying out things unbelievably fast.

hangovered
03-22-2009, 10:38 AM
God, Alison, my finger seems to be fun now, your story makes me feel better in some weird way...I mean, I'm happy I wasn't taking part in that kind of accident...

Alison
03-22-2009, 10:49 AM
It was really scary, but it definitely could have been worse. None of us were injured thank god. But it does make you realise that you're not always safe.

Rooster
03-22-2009, 10:51 AM
There was one time my dog bit me. When i took him out he got into a fight with another dog, and i tried to pull him away right when he tried to bite the other dog. So instead of that dog he bit my hand. At first i felt the pain, but after a few seconds i felt nothing anymore. i just saw my fingers being messed up pretty badly, there was blood everywhere, and i could see my bones through the wounds. The nail on my middle finger of my righ hand was destroyed, a big hole was in the middle of it. I was just like "wtf, are these white things my bones?".

Anyway, half of my arm was covered in blood, and i went home. My dog was trully sorry, i could see it. But i wasn't mad at him, he wasn't trying to bite ME.

Then after a while i started to feel real pain - just pulsing pain (i felt my veins pulsing). I hated it.

I also hated it when i tried to wash the blood off my hands - it didn't go off so easy.

Flux
03-22-2009, 10:57 AM
Males and females tend to deal with traumatic differently. Males are more likely to react with hostility, while females are more likely to abscond and look to others for help. Saying that, a percentage (including me) fall into a psychological and physiological state of anxiety or psychological state of shock.

There’s no knowing how one will act during a stressful or traumatic situation, unless one is prepared.

Rooster
03-22-2009, 11:03 AM
I know i wasn't in shock. I was more like "Damn, this will cause a lot of pain later...". I was thinking perfectly clearly, i knew that i'll get help at my home - my aunt was studying medicine at that time (now she's a doctor). But some do fall in shock, and that's probably more dangerous than the injury itself...

hangovered
03-22-2009, 11:34 AM
It depends of what kind of shock. If you stand shock-still it is dangerous, but being in shock is connected to have a lot of adrenaline in your organism and it makes you able to do incredible things-I really belive in stories about mothers lifting huge trees becouse their children are under it.

And who the fuck add those tags?! it's not funny, at all! ;)

Rooster
03-22-2009, 11:39 AM
And who the fuck add those tags?! it's not funny, at all! ;)

...:D

I just couldn't help it. But considering i HAVE seen my bones for real and still making fun of it... Not that i would want to experience it again though.

JoY
03-22-2009, 02:45 PM
one time I got hit by a car & flew over the bonnet (or hood, whatever). my friend saw it happen & screamed out my name. all I screamed back at her, was; "get that number on the licence plate!!!!"

it was like an automatic reflex. it hurt, but other things seemed to be far more important at that moment.

I'm great at getting into traffic accidents, as long as I'm not the one behind the steering wheel. I'm a very careful driver, probably because I constantly watch out for types like me. with all the traffic accidents I had, my reaction seemed bizarre. not at all based on any possible pain, but only based on survival & aggression. it never ends to surprise me how that works, adrenaline.