PDA

View Full Version : In the spirit of the band

Al Coholic
03-24-2009, 04:13 PM
I think we should do something special. For the hell of it, because it's funny. And let's be honest here, as serious as management takes themselves - and they should - this is still a punk band's forum, where a median age of teenager come to debate about wether Smash or Ignition is the best album everrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.

So let's do something for shits and giggles. Something for the fans....well, a fan. Let's make me, a long-time fan for about half of my life, a moderator. Of just the polls forum. I'll have absolutely no real power - people can't even post there. It's like making somebody the mayor of an unincorporated, uninhabitable single acre of land in the middle of nowhere. It's pointlessly funny. I don't even want the responsibilities of being a member of administration(other than obeying the rules of being a poster), just the title. Feel free to keep me completely out of the loop of the going's on of whatever it is you people do.

So go ahead, if you agree, sign the petition(either option, it doesn't matter) to make you're old buddy Al a pointless moderator. In these trying, serious economic times, we could all use a shit and a giggle. But don't reply and say you'd like to be a moderator. That's lame. I should get this because I don't want to be a moderator, and I'm just some arbitrary member that has done little to nothing to deserve it.

Punk rock!

chicapowerpunk
03-24-2009, 04:24 PM
I donīt care ... ...

Al Coholic
03-24-2009, 04:27 PM
Thanks for signing, your support is appreciated.

chicapowerpunk
03-24-2009, 04:32 PM
I hope to succeed alcholic..........;)

Al Coholic
03-24-2009, 04:34 PM
^This is most of the reason I want the position. Sure, its partly cause it's a sweet, do-nothing gig. But mostly, groupies.

chicapowerpunk
03-24-2009, 05:02 PM
^This is most of the reason I want the position. Sure, its partly cause it's a sweet, do-nothing gig. But mostly, groupies.

jajajaja :D:D

Jebus
03-24-2009, 05:05 PM
My vote is taken. (http://offspring.com/forums/showthread.php?t=15018&highlight=poll)

bighead384
03-24-2009, 05:37 PM
Whoa. I was just about to say that Al Coholic stole my idea (I jokingly mentioned this in a recent thread I made about the Polls section), then I saw that someone else beat me to it by a few years.

Little_Miss_1565
03-24-2009, 06:29 PM
Teeeechnically....the polls forum has five moderators. Sorry, dogg.

Al Coholic
03-24-2009, 09:17 PM
Homegirl this has nothing to do with necessity. In fact, the fact that you have five moderators - techincally - makes this even more pointless. It's like that mayor analogy. Only now, you have five mayors for that uninhabitable wasteland in nowheres, and now, you're assigning a city councilmen to it. Just because you can! Hell I would.

wheelchairman
03-24-2009, 11:27 PM
I don't know man, if this didn't work for Not Ozymandias, I don't think you have much chance.

IamSam
03-24-2009, 11:37 PM
Oh no...please no more analogies.

Al Coholic
03-25-2009, 05:15 PM
Not using bad analogies is like eating french fries without bland ketchup. Sure, the ketchup could be better. Some people could do without it most of the time, but damn, you cant have just fries. Its nice to dip them in something once in a while, even if the ketchup is a little bland.

bighead384
03-25-2009, 05:29 PM
Oh no...please no more analogies.

IamSam's obsessed with trying to come out on top over people, so of course he remembers the analogy you had and brings it up, and he's still thinking about it.

chicapowerpunk
03-25-2009, 05:29 PM
Even with this problem ........;)

renato piquette
03-25-2009, 08:41 PM
sure,iīm sick of getting my posts erased and stuff

Al Coholic
03-25-2009, 09:13 PM
IamSam's obsessed with trying to come out on top over people, so of course he remembers the analogy you had and brings it up, and he's still thinking about it.

You know, I just ignore you most of the time because you're some kid who'll shit any irrational nonsense into his keyboard to get attention. But I used an analogy two posts before his. Ofcourse he remembers it? It was a recent post, he probably just read the damn thing and responded. This is the second time in recent memory you've come into one of my threads and tried to derail it about some personal vagination you have with somebody. Could you maybe fuck off or something?

RickyCrack
03-25-2009, 09:49 PM
the polls section basically stays up for a long running long forgotten joke.

also the ttig tag is bonerific.

Little_Miss_1565
03-25-2009, 09:53 PM

Pot, meet Mr. Kettle. I believe he said he had a message for you.

Al Coholic
03-25-2009, 10:00 PM
Hey you're up to 10,000 posts there...

IamSam
03-25-2009, 10:22 PM
Not using bad analogies is like eating french fries without bland ketchup. Sure, the ketchup could be better. Some people could do without it most of the time, but damn, you cant have just fries. Its nice to dip them in something once in a while, even if the ketchup is a little bland.

Now this one is nice work. Tip of the hat to you good sir.

Al Coholic
03-25-2009, 10:34 PM
Where I'm from tipping the hat means go fuck yourself. It's like a really classy way to give somebody the middle finger.

If you want to show appreciation, you should sign the petition.

IamSam
03-25-2009, 10:37 PM
Well in that case, I say nicely done on that analogy. And now I question as to where you are from.

Al Coholic
03-25-2009, 10:41 PM
Somewhere where meaningless petitions are near and dear to us, and only closet homosexuals don't sign them.

Not to say we don't like gays. We're cool, just sayin the ones that haven't come to terms with their gayness don't sign in order to compensate.

Al Coholic
03-28-2009, 08:54 AM
http://tbn3.google.com/images?q=tbn:-TIXTBg70q4l6M:http://www.bevnet.com/images/reviews/bump/bump1.jpg

Al Coholic
04-08-2009, 06:02 AM
Ok, we have DexterHollandIsGod, jpstoner, SK8rocka, and as if that weren't enough, now we have the support of timthemooseman. I think I know a mandate when I see one.

spanky1982
04-08-2009, 09:04 AM
dude you come out with some funny shit, so you have my support. unless this is the start of a cunning plan to take over the world??????

if so, do you need a side kick?:D