PDA

View Full Version : Ever do this?

bighead384
03-25-2009, 06:26 PM
Have you ever been a eating a delectable dish, and found yourself debating whether you should start taking smaller bites so it lasts longer, or go for those bigger, possibly more satisfying bites that have the meal gone within seconds?

It could be a candy bar. Or something else. Food.

Also, english muffins. One sides always bigger. Gotta go out with a bang.

Maybe I'm just fat.

0r4ng3
03-25-2009, 06:33 PM
Yeah. When I'm hungry and I'm eating a candy bar, I think to myself "I should make this last for a while". I tend to take smaller bites at that point. That might also have to do with the fact that I paid 75 cents for it and I want my money's worth.

Al Coholic
03-25-2009, 06:36 PM
I'm the type that gets more satisfaction cramming as much of it into one bite as possible. I'll sometimes eat around the best part to set up a master bite. Like easting the edges off a pop tart first, or eating most of the liquid from the stew so all that's left is the good stuff and a little soup. etc.

WebDudette
03-25-2009, 06:37 PM
I always eat sushi with the same kid. We typically split the bill, but the meal becomes a show down. The faster you eat, the more you get. It kinda sucks actually.

But yeah, sometimes I stop and think 'I should probably eat more slowly'. For what ever reason I typically revert back to my normal speed, which is quite fast by comparison. But if I'm eating something exceptionally tasty I'll try and savor it.

bighead384
03-25-2009, 06:39 PM
But if I'm eating something exceptionally tasty I'll try and savor it.

I swear, though, that some things taste better when you got a big old mouthful of it.

WebDudette
03-25-2009, 06:45 PM
I'll sometimes eat around the best part to set up a master bite.

Yes, like the middle of a cinnabun!

A lot of things are incredibly more satisfying in large bites. But sometimes, especially with more expensive items, you have to take it a little slower. I suppose that doesn't always mean smaller bites, but just eating slower (I eat really fast a lot of the time).

Lizardus
03-25-2009, 06:55 PM
I try to keep it somewhere in the middle, unless i'm eating ice cream.

or a vagina. =P

Flux
03-25-2009, 08:39 PM
Have you ever been a eating a delectable dish, and found yourself debating whether you should start taking smaller bites so it lasts longer, or go for those bigger, possibly more satisfying bites that have the meal gone within seconds?

It could be a candy bar. Or something else. Food.

Also, english muffins. One sides always bigger. Gotta go out with a bang.

Maybe I'm just fat.

Erm, no. I watch other people eat though. Fun! :rolleyes:

jacknife737
03-25-2009, 09:27 PM
I'm the type that gets more satisfaction cramming as much of it into one bite as possible. I'll sometimes eat around the best part to set up a master bite. Like easting the edges off a pop tart first, or eating most of the liquid from the stew so all that's left is the good stuff and a little soup. etc.

I always do that. Even if say i'm eating a fried egg, i always eat the yoke last.

JohnnyNemesis
03-25-2009, 09:47 PM
I swear, though, that some things taste better when you got a big old mouthful of it.

LIKE MAH DIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIHHHHH-!

lulz, jk. I'm with you on this one bighead, I think about this shit all the time. I think I'm like Al Coholic, in that, though I like the small bites, it's usually all just foreplay for one big incredibly satisfying "master bite".

wheelchairman
03-25-2009, 11:57 PM
I used to only get this when I went to Arby's (don't care about your opinions, I love Arby's).

And I almost always decided that big bites are definitely the most rewarding.

Outerspaceman21
03-26-2009, 12:32 AM

I do the same exact thing. My family thinks I'm weird and I have OCD or something. Eh, fuck 'em.

bighead384
03-26-2009, 01:02 AM
Pop tarts. And Pizza. I always go for the crust first. With Pizza especially because it's so damn hot. Which reminds me: I HATE it when I get a slice of pizza and it's ridiculously fucking scolding hot. I'll be like, soooo hungry, and then I have to wait another 4 minutes for the pizza to cool, which seems like an eternity.

I think it's a virtue or something to really know how to enjoy food. Even if it seems obsessive, it shows you know how to enjoy the good things in life.

wheelchairman
03-26-2009, 06:01 AM
I always eat poptarts upside down. When you think about it, it makes perfect sense. Your taste buds are on your tongue, and the top of the poptart is where the delicious sugary stuff is.

T-6005
03-26-2009, 11:33 AM
I eat the food on my plate from least favorite to favorite. I keep my favorite things for last, occasionally mixing and matching in case I discover something new and amazing that I can combine into a new pile.

batfish
03-26-2009, 11:46 AM
Whenever I take deliberately smaller bites of a food that is similar all the way through (eg. block of chocolate), I still find them surprisingly satisfying. I don't really notice much difference in enjoyment.

However, I can see why huge bites of food where texture and structure matters, eg. a cinnamon whirl danish pastry, are especially tasty. This is something I shall have to remember when eating.

Free?
03-26-2009, 11:48 AM
I eat the food on my plate from least favorite to favorite. I keep my favorite things for last, occasionally mixing and matching in case I discover something new and amazing that I can combine into a new pile.
Same here.

Camilamazed
03-26-2009, 11:49 AM
Wow.. I've never stopped to think about it...

=|

Rutegard
03-26-2009, 12:02 PM
i tend to eat pretty fast. next time we meet we will do a race ok? and then i will win and then you will have to buy me a mars chocolat bar!

Llamas
03-26-2009, 05:16 PM
In general, I eat really fast if I'm alone or with people who I don't talk to much; I eat ridiculously slow if I'm with good company, because I talk a lot and forget to eat. However, the size of the bite never bothers me... I don't really take big bites ever.

I do have this issue with drinking stuff I really like. I tend to drink stuff incredibly fast (basically just chug) and then I'm like shit, I wanted to enjoy that. It happens the most with coffee and milk. But it's the biggest issue when I'm drinking alcohol, cause sometimes I just down 5 vodka crans in 20 minutes and I'm like ofuck.

I do this with pizza rolls; I eat the edges and then the last bite is filling with a little casing.

YES I always get shit for this; "What if you get full?" I tend to be pretty talented at stopping eating the stuff I don't like as much when I'm getting close to the end, idiot.

it's usually all just foreplay for one big incredibly satisfying "master bite".
I swear to god there's a "master bite" = "masturbate" joke in there...

JohnnyNemesis
03-26-2009, 05:19 PM
I thought of that as I typed it, but thought no one else would. BUT YOU ALWAYS DO! <3

T-6005
03-26-2009, 05:33 PM
Yeah, well, I thought that was the purpose of the lone tag.

Llamas
03-30-2009, 09:00 PM
Interesting thread? Mediocre.