PDA

View Full Version : Ever just sit in your apartment

Al Coholic
03-27-2009, 01:29 PM
Hearing short bursts of repetative thuds. like, thud-thud-thud-thud-thud-thud-thud- *pause*,thud-thud-thud-thud-thud-thud-thud- *pause* and repeat? And think "Either they're doing a lot of hammering or they have no rhythym during sex."

Al Coholic
03-27-2009, 01:32 PM
I'm kind of wondering now....how much shit can you really hammer onto your wall? Seriously, it can't be hammering. It's been going on way too long and it's not like these are new tenants. But then who has sex by banging the shit out of eachother in quick sucessions and then pausing for short periods of time. Weird.

0r4ng3
03-27-2009, 01:36 PM
The other day I heard squeaking coming from the dorm above me. But it was like *squeak squeak squeak...*, nothing for like thirty seconds, then another few squeaks, more silence, repeat a few times. I was so confused.

Free?
03-27-2009, 01:38 PM
Ever had difficulties with falling asleep because you were distracted by your own heartbeats?

Flux
03-27-2009, 01:40 PM
Yup. The new neighbours need to go back to wherever they came from. And that devil kid of theirs.

I see what you’re saying in your second post. My sister’s bedroom is above mine and she bangs like crazy. I’ve asked her time and time again to stop stomping, thumping, banging, scraping ect, and she argues back that she isn’t making anymore noise than she would downstairs. I hate it! People don’t realize how noisy they are unless they listen to what they're doing.

Saying that, my deaf friend is a nightmare. He slams things down on the counter tops so hard it’s amazing he hasn’t broken anything. I can’t stay at his home, the noise level is unbelievable. :rolleyes:

OlderThanYou
03-27-2009, 02:10 PM
. But then who has sex by banging the shit out of eachother in quick sucessions and then pausing for short periods of time. Weird.

Obviously, you haven't met my ex-husband.

Llamas
03-27-2009, 03:46 PM
I lived in a house with three roommates, and I was in the living room, one of my roommates went upstairs to her room with her boyfriend. I started to hear very VERY rhythmic pounding from the ceiling above me. It was very in time, fairly quick, and regular. I thought, Jesus Christ, they are just nailing each other, wow.

This happened a few times before I remembered that I lived with drummers, and they were practicing on drum pads.

Thomas
03-27-2009, 03:48 PM
I lived in a house with three roommates, and I was in the living room, one of my roommates went upstairs to her room with her boyfriend. I started to hear very VERY rhythmic pounding from the ceiling above me. It was very in time, fairly quick, and regular. I thought, Jesus Christ, they are just nailing each other, wow.

This happened a few times before I remembered that I lived with drummers, and they were practicing on drum pads.

I've had people complain about me and a friend doing that in my dorm.

Llamas
03-27-2009, 03:50 PM

Or at least that's what you TOLD them you were doing...

Thomas
03-27-2009, 03:51 PM
Or at least that's what you TOLD them you were doing...

You aren't the only one to accuse us of that...

(i.e. my ex-girlfriend)

*facepalm*

chicapowerpunk
03-27-2009, 06:44 PM
Damn!!! I think that Alcholi is angry because he canīt have sex in peace.....
:D:D

RageAndLov
03-28-2009, 04:01 PM
Yup. The new neighbours need to go back to wherever they came from. And that devil kid of theirs.

I see what youíre saying in your second post. My sisterís bedroom is above mine and she bangs like crazy. Iíve asked her time and time again to stop stomping, thumping, banging, scraping ect, and she argues back that she isnít making anymore noise than she would downstairs. I hate it! People donít realize how noisy they are unless they listen to what they're doing.

Saying that, my deaf friend is a nightmare. He slams things down on the counter tops so hard itís amazing he hasnít broken anything. I canít stay at his home, the noise level is unbelievable. :rolleyes:

®Maybe that's the cause he's deaf?

Mellow Chaos
03-28-2009, 06:56 PM

That's why I'm getting an electronic drum set. I don't live upstairs or anything, but somehow I doubt my neighbors would be too thrilled with me having an acoustic set. It's either that, or soundproofing my house/room, which would involve me getting enough eggs to be able to use the empty cartons to tape on every square inch of my walls. Can you imagine the look I would get from the cashier at Walmart?

"Hi. Can I speak to your manager? I know my shopping cart's full of eggs already, but is there anyway I could get all the eggs in your store? I swear I'm not going to egg properties, it's for science!"

Al Coholic
03-28-2009, 07:16 PM
That's why I'm getting an electronic drum set. I don't live upstairs or anything, but somehow I doubt my neighbors would be too thrilled with me having an acoustic set. It's either that, or soundproofing my house/room, which would involve me getting enough eggs to be able to use the empty cartons to tape on every square inch of my walls. Can you imagine the look I would get from the cashier at Walmart?

"Hi. Can I speak to your manager? I know my shopping cart's full of eggs already, but is there anyway I could get all the eggs in your store? I swear I'm not going to egg properties, it's for science!"

Those things they give you drinks in at the drive-thru work just as well. Try speaking to the manager of a fast food place and see if you can't just buy a box of them.

Mellow Chaos
03-28-2009, 07:18 PM
Those things they give you drinks in at the drive-thru work just as well. Try speaking to the manager of a fast food place and see if you can't just buy a box of them.

Oh yeah, drink carriers.

Brilliant!

OlderThanYou
03-28-2009, 11:45 PM

"I'm going to try and incubate these eggs and raise little zombie chickens to take over the world... should be a hoot!"

coke_a_holic
03-29-2009, 01:44 AM
Can't you use, like, industrial-grade styrofoam for soundproofing?

I don't even know if styrofoam comes in industrial grade, or if it's always industrial grade... It'd probably be easier for house-covering, though.