PDA

View Full Version : Problems with the Offspring vids on you tube

The Blues Brothers
03-27-2009, 07:34 PM
WTF some of the vids are not avalible in the U.S.A. How is that possible when the Offspring are from cali?:confused::confused::confused:

T-6005
03-27-2009, 07:35 PM
oh shit bro.

Outerspaceman21
03-27-2009, 10:52 PM
Some videos are only availible in other countrys. I don't know why they do it. it might have something to do with the servers or whatever, I'm not entirely sure but it doesn't bother me.

And being from California has nothing to do with it because the Offspring have fans in other countrys.

The Talking Pie
03-28-2009, 03:40 AM
Wouldn't it have more to do with international copyright legislation?

Blitzkrieg Bop
03-28-2009, 10:53 AM
The other day, I was watching the official videos for RAFRAG on Offspringtv on YouTube and discovered something really strange ... I could watch all of them except the Hammerhead video. Basically, I got a message saying that it could not be viewed in my country.

My first thought was why just this one video, so I started asking members of the BBS from other countries to go and have a look and they got the same response. International Copyright legislation was mentioned with the reference to the States, so I asked two people from there to see what happens and response came back that one could see it and the other couldn't.

I still think that this is completely weird

Outerspaceman21
03-28-2009, 12:11 PM
Wouldn't it have more to do with international copyright legislation?

I guess so. All I know is that some video are made to be veiwed by specific countrys and it doesn't bother me because I don't care.

nameless
03-28-2009, 05:30 PM
hasnt anyone else heard that youtube will more than likely stop showing music videos in the near future?! it had somethign to do with the performing rights society and youtube not being prepared to pay fees!

Camilamazed
03-28-2009, 06:38 PM
Youtube is not what it used to me. I miss the old days... It's become much of a bitch.

wheelchairman
03-29-2009, 02:55 AM
You're all wrong. It has to do with the fact that in Europe computer screens have a different number of pixels per square inch. Meaning that sometimes videos aren't compatible.

Free?
03-29-2009, 03:01 AM
You're all wrong. It has to do with the fact that in Europe computer screens have a different number of pixels per square inch. Meaning that sometimes videos aren't compatible.

Lol sounds like a joke to me! A pretty clever one actually.

Blitzkrieg Bop
03-29-2009, 06:09 AM

Seriously ... sometimes you are really funny :D