PDA

View Full Version : A concern

bighead384
03-28-2009, 10:07 AM
I utilized the "report" function several days ago to report 5-6 different posts. Now I'm being told that my reports did not work. I find this to be problematic and I hope we can find a solution. Did you get my reports mods?

bighead384
03-29-2009, 03:55 PM
So, what's up?

bighead384
03-30-2009, 03:07 PM
I eventually concluded/accused the mods of lying, but before all that, all I did was ask this simple question. And it was ignored for two days. I guess it's okay for the mods to lie and ignore questions about the functions of the site "apparently" not working.

randman21
03-31-2009, 02:26 AM
To be honest, I'm kind of wondering myself. Although it seems like a question an admin would be more able to answer, I would like to see someone give it a shot, as it doesn't just have to do with bighead. If I were to ever feel the need to report a post (which I probably wouldn't unless it was spam), I'd like to know that it got to someone who could do something about it.

Little_Miss_1565
03-31-2009, 10:29 AM
We've been auditing all the report e-mails we've gotten. We are getting reports from all forums on a fairly regular basis. There was another user reporting a great deal of posts from the user in question, and only one report from Bighead. If there is a problem with the reports Bighead made, we can only conclude it was a user error and not an error in the forum programming.

ninthz
03-31-2009, 10:44 AM
Sarah, thank you for being so cool about everything. I couldn't do your job. Just giving a shout-outs for putting on those kid gloves while handling the massive butthurt that is tom.

bighead384
03-31-2009, 11:05 AM
We've been auditing all the report e-mails we've gotten. We are getting reports from all forums on a fairly regular basis. There was another user reporting a great deal of posts from the user in question, and only one report from Bighead. If there is a problem with the reports Bighead made, we can only conclude it was a user error and not an error in the forum programming.

That doesn't make any sense. User error? There's one button you click, and that's it. It's not like there's any room for error. I don't believe what you're saying because it doesn't make any sense. Also, why did you wait so long to answer a question that takes seconds to respond to?

JohnnyNemesis
03-31-2009, 11:19 AM
I don't believe what you're saying because it doesn't make any sense.

No, you don't believe what she's saying because you fucking hate her and wouldn't believe anything she says no matter what it is.

As she said, we got the reports.

bighead384
03-31-2009, 11:21 AM
That doesn't make any sense. User error? There's one button you click, and that's it. It's not like there's any room for error.

This.
dfojdfkijdf

JohnnyNemesis
03-31-2009, 11:24 AM
The whole "that wouldn't make sense" argument doesn't work with something that already fucking happened jesus motherfucking christ.

It doesn't matter if it makes sense or not because it happened already.

WHAT THE FUCK DOES ANYONE GAIN FROM LYING ABOUT THIS!?!?!??!

bighead384
03-31-2009, 11:29 AM
The whole "that wouldn't make sense" argument doesn't work with something that already fucking happened jesus motherfucking christ.

It doesn't matter if it makes sense or not because it happened already.

WHAT THE FUCK DOES ANYONE GAIN FROM LYING ABOUT THIS!?!?!??!

But I don't believe it happened, nor do I have any reason to. I reported I think all but one of those posts within the same 5 minute time frame. Why the hell would only one of them work? And again, it's one.fucking.button. I'm not going to ignore all logic and probability just because you say I should take your word for it.

Also, I think it's pretty obvious what you would gain from lying about this. Seriously.

JohnnyNemesis
03-31-2009, 11:34 AM
I'm not going to ignore all logic and probability

Motherfucking LOL!!!

bighead384
03-31-2009, 11:34 AM
Wait a second...

I clearly remember that I had to wait 60 seconds between each report. It was annoying. For me to get that message means that each report was processed.

Yep, you're lying.

JohnnyNemesis
03-31-2009, 11:37 AM
Yeah, you had to deal with wait-times and other errors while trying to make the reports, so there's NO WAY THERE COULD HAVE BEEN ERRORS AND DELAYS ON OUR END WHEN RECEIVING THE REPORTS, AMIRITE?!

My GOD, the exact thing you're attempting to use as proof JUST PROVES YOU WRONG.

And you wonder why no one responded to this thread sooner? It's because you're impossible and just want to start trouble where there is none, that's why. You and about 6 of your friends want the entire fuckin' BBS to stop for YOU and cater to YOUR whims, and can't handle the fact that it's not going to happen.

It's old. I'm leaving now. Just cut it.

bighead384
03-31-2009, 11:40 AM
Yeah, you had to deal with wait-times and other errors and wait times while trying to make the reports, so there's NO WAY THERE COULD HAVE BEEN ERRORS AND DELAYS ON OUR END WHEN RECEIVING THE REPORTS, AMIRITE?!

My GOD, the exact thing you're attempting to use as proof JUST PROVES YOU WRONG.

And you wonder why no one responded to this thread sooner? It's because you're impossible and just want to start trouble where there is none, that's why. You and about 6 of your friends want the entire fuckin' BBS to stop for YOU and cater to YOUR whims, and can't handle the fact that it's not going to happen.

It's old. I'm leaving now. Just cut it.
You don't know what you're talking about Mr. Smug. It's not an error. It's a function that's already programmed in, just like how you have to wait a certain amount of time between posts. Try it yourself...do it on my posts in this thread. If you try to report two posts in less than 60 seconds, it won't let you do it.

Little_Miss_1565
03-31-2009, 11:47 AM
And this is why we waited so long to respond, Bighead (other than that, like the President, I like to know what I'm talking about before I say it). You don't exactly make anyone feel like trying to help you is worth the trouble.

All I know is, the only report that came from you was reporting a post in which he said "this message is hidden because Bighead384 is on your ignore list."

bighead384
03-31-2009, 11:50 AM
All I know is, the only report that came from you was reporting a post in which he said "this message is hidden because Bighead384 is on your ignore list."

Oh so you mean the one post I reported that wasn't flaming was the one that actually went through? That's great how that works out for you, and I'm not suspicious at all.

Little_Miss_1565
03-31-2009, 11:51 AM
Oh so you mean the one post I reported that wasn't flaming was the one that actually went through? That's great how that works out for you, and I'm not suspicious at all.

I love that you think this is all about me, especially since I don't get the reports from GC myself. Just stop it, seriously.

EDIt: And seriously, when this is how you respond to questions, you shouldn't wonder why you don't get a response.

Oxygene
03-31-2009, 12:05 PM
I reported big heads bpost and nothing is being done about it

lazy fucking lying mods..

:D

Thomas
03-31-2009, 12:16 PM
This thread is one huge facepalm.

Oxygene
03-31-2009, 12:19 PM
This thread is one huge facepalm.

I'ma report u next!

Thomas
03-31-2009, 12:24 PM
I'ma report u next!

O NOES!!!11!!!1
:mad::mad::mad:

(I'd also like to say that this is about as ridiculous as the way bighead is posting, and I actually like the guy)

nieh
03-31-2009, 02:05 PM
I like to know what I'm talking about before I say it

Fucking intellectual.

IamSam
03-31-2009, 02:51 PM
Goddamn Illuminati bastards.

Cock Joke
03-31-2009, 03:08 PM

Yea, really! That's waaaaaay too convenient.

JohnnyNemesis
03-31-2009, 04:06 PM
You report a post of his, he is eventually banned, and you're mad that the post where he wasn't flaming is the only one that went through in the report? Why should that even matter if we saw the post anyway and banned him for it? How is that "convenient" IF HE WAS FUCKING BANNED FOR IT ANYWAY?! Despite the fact that the report didn't work, we saw it and banned him. Isn't that what you wanted when you clicked "Report"...for something to happen? Would you prefer it if we did nothing?

WebDudette
03-31-2009, 04:16 PM
I don't think you understand Ricky.

The mods are wrong, and it doesn't stop there. The admins, they too are wrong. I wouldn't be surprised if Dexter himself is just plain wrong.

bighead384
03-31-2009, 05:18 PM
You report a post of his, he is eventually banned, and you're mad that the post where he wasn't flaming is the only one that went through in the report? Why should that even matter if we saw the post anyway and banned him for it? How is that "convenient" IF HE WAS FUCKING BANNED FOR IT ANYWAY?! Despite the fact that the report didn't work, we saw it and banned him. Isn't that what you wanted when you clicked "Report"...for something to happen? Would you prefer it if we did nothing?

Same smug attitude even though I just showed you in my last post that you don't know what you're talking about. I thought you were done. Thirsty for more?

The report did work. How do I know it worked? Because when I clicked that one button that you have to push to send a report, it indicated that it worked. It's that simple. No "user error" there. Seriously, shut the fuck up about that, you aren't fooling anyone. Also, you weren't going to delete RC's multiple flame posts until I reported them, which I proved in my other thread. I thought I couldn't be anymore sure of that until you started trying to lie about the reports working.

I don't think I've ever seen anyone try to lie about something so obvious. It's like punching someone in the face, and then trying to convince them that you didn't punch them in the face.

JohnnyNemesis
03-31-2009, 05:20 PM
The overarching question remains: WHY DO YOU CARE WHETHER IT WORKED OR NOT IF HE WAS BANNED ANYWAY?!??!

Oh, that's right...because you have a scary grudge against 1565 for being weirded out by your creepy obsession with her hot Myspace pics back when you were endlesst0m. My bad.

Lol.

Anyway, RickyCrack's posts have been getting deleted for years, boy.

You're just an instigator, and you're so desperate for it to work that you've resorted to lies that you can't even back up. You have absolutely no concrete proof of anything, just faulty connections and failed logic, but you're accusing us of not presenting the same (even though the burden of proof is on you, since you started the thread). It's all a plan to create a problem when there is none.

What's worse is that by engaging you in conversation, I'm letting your stupid plan work. I fail!

bighead384
03-31-2009, 05:26 PM
Oh, because you hate 1565 for being weirded out by your scary obsession with her when you were endlesst0m. My bad.
You're just getting desperate here. That was FOREVER ago. I'm not saying that one thread I made wasn't a bit unusual, but "obsession"? Some people need to quit being so dramatic and get over themselves.

RickyCrack's posts have been getting deleted for years, boy. I dare you to disprove it.
I already responded to this in the last thread. Seriously. You said the exact same thing you're saying here. I already responded and told you why it's basically bullshit...I'm not doing it again.

nieh
03-31-2009, 05:27 PM
Oh, that's right...because you have a scary grudge against 1565 for being weirded out by your creepy obsession with her hot Myspace pics back when you were endlesst0m. My bad.

Thank god I've managed to keep my creepy obsession with her hot myspace pics a secret so far.

WebDudette
03-31-2009, 05:30 PM
some people need to quit being so dramatic and get over themselves.

HOLY FUCKING SHIT?! Do you people see this? Please tell me you see this!

bighead384
03-31-2009, 05:33 PM
You have absolutely no concrete proof of anything, just faulty connections and failed logic, but you're accusing us of not presenting the same (even though the burden of proof is on you, since you started the thread).

Look, maybe I don't have the evidence to 100% prove it to the standards of a court of law, but there's a world out there where things either happen or they don't.

One of the things you people are the best at doing is shifting the focus to an aspect which you feel more prepared to bullshit on. You're starting to do it here, but I'm going to stop you.

Tell me...
1565 claims that "user error" must have been the problem. It was indicated to me that my reports were successful. So what could have possibly prevented you guys from getting those reports that was "user error" or any error for that matter?

Little_Miss_1565
03-31-2009, 05:36 PM
Look, Bighead, I don't know why the reports didn't come through; I only know that they didn't. And it doesn't even matter in the first place, because I found the posts on my own, warned him, and then we banned him for two days. Stop. It.

bighead384
03-31-2009, 05:39 PM
And it doesn't even matter in the first place, because I found the posts on my own, warned him, and then we banned him for two days. Stop. It.

You edited/deleted those posts THREE DAYS after they were posted and after I reported them. How they hell could all of you possibly not see them before that? I think it's pretty safe to conclude that you only did that because I reported the posts.

If by mere chance, this was the biggest coincidence in the history of the universe, and you guys were telling the truth (which I know you aren't) you would think that you guys would at least acknowledge the coincidence. You're not even doing that! You're just trying way too hard to act natural about it like it's nothing, and it makes it that much more obvious that you're trying to cover it up.

nieh
03-31-2009, 05:42 PM
Do you really think the mods spend all day reading the fucking POKEMON thread? Seriously?

Little_Miss_1565
03-31-2009, 05:44 PM
You edited/deleted those posts THREE DAYS after they were posted and after I reported them. How they hell could all of you possibly not see them before that? I think it's pretty safe to conclude that you only did that because I reported the posts.

Oh my god. How many times have I told you that I don't get the reports for GC. I don't get the reports for GC. I don't get the reports for GC. I don't get the reports for GC. I don't get the reports for GC. I don't get the reports for GC. I don't get the reports for GC. I don't get the reports for GC.

Also, the only report of yours that came through was one non-flamey post. The only report of yours that came through was one non-flamey post.

And since you missed that the first 10,000 times, it probably bears repeating that you shouldn't ever question why you don't get a response to something.

bighead384
03-31-2009, 05:46 PM
Oh my god. How many times have I told you that I don't get the reports for GC. I don't get the reports for GC. I don't get the reports for GC. I don't get the reports for GC. I don't get the reports for GC. I don't get the reports for GC. I don't get the reports for GC. I don't get the reports for GC.

So you didn't happen talk to any of the other mods for three days? You didn't just happen to see it before three days had passed? You didn't happen to see me talking about it in the social group that you had been checking constantly for the past week or so?

Wayyyyyy too convenient.

Little_Miss_1565
03-31-2009, 05:48 PM
So you didn't happen talk to any of the other mods for three days? You didn't just happen to see it before three days had passed? You didn't happen to see me talking about it in the social group that you had been checking constantly for the past week or so?

Wayyyyyy too convenient.

Yeah, because it's totally worth them talking to me about when you just reported one snarky non-flamey post. And no, I didn't read it in AA because I decided to be nice to myself and not give myself a headache for a few days.

And again, convenient might mean something that you don't realize it means. For it to be convenient, I would have to benefit somehow. I completely fail to see how I benefit by this. I've twice in as many business days had to ask the admins to talk to you, and it's only apparently made how you treat me worse. It's not on the part of some vast scheme to discredit you, because you do a great job of that on your own without any help.

bighead384
03-31-2009, 05:51 PM
That's bullshit. I'm not going to consider any explanation that involves only the one report working.

Not until you can tell me a reason why the site indicated to me that the reports worked, but somehow, only 1 of 6 of them went through. That does not make any fucking sense.

Little_Miss_1565
03-31-2009, 05:52 PM
I'm more than reasonably sure that anything I or anyone else in a position of authority could tell you would not "make any fucking sense."

bighead384
03-31-2009, 05:55 PM
I'm more than reasonably sure that anything I or anyone else in a position of authority could tell you would not "make any fucking sense."

This is something that has nothing to do with past problems we've had. This is about computer technology. You have no excuse not to offer the explanation you're all acting like you have.

Little_Miss_1565
03-31-2009, 05:57 PM
This is something that has nothing to do with past problems we've had. This is about computer technology. You have no excuse not to offer the explanation you're all acting like you have.

Are you high? Serious question. I've said nothing but we have no idea why it wouldn't have worked. We get other reports all the time. I highly doubt there's anything in the board's programming that would single you out, though I'm sure the thought has crossed your mind that it does. We're moderators. We deal with this side of the forum. We have nothing to do with the programming that makes it work. Nothing anyone has said to this end has even hinted at the idea that we know why or that there's an explanation.

bighead384
03-31-2009, 05:59 PM
My best guess here is that you guys know you fucked up, and you're just trying to cover it up "just this once" so that your authority isn't permanently undermined, and you don't want to give guys like me ammo.

bighead384
03-31-2009, 06:02 PM
Are you high? Serious question. I've said nothing but we have no idea why it wouldn't have worked. We get other reports all the time. I highly doubt there's anything in the board's programming that would single you out, though I'm sure the thought has crossed your mind that it does. We're moderators. We deal with this side of the forum. We have nothing to do with the programming that makes it work. Nothing anyone has said to this end has even hinted at the idea that we know why or that there's an explanation.

Well let's put it this way: until someone can tell me a reason or even a possibility of why the site would tell me the reports worked, and I waited the 60 seconds each time, and only one of them worked, I don't believe you.

Little_Miss_1565
03-31-2009, 06:03 PM
Nothing here is of any sort of gravity that would even require saving face. RC calling someone names is against the rules, but not a big deal as far as these things go. Friends of yours have done much worse in the past, and they're back among us now.

Besides, nothing's stopped you in the past from making shit up, why would I think for a second that you wouldn't keep doing this in the future?

Are you joking? YOU WOULDN'T BELIEVE ME ANYWAY. With you acting this way towards me, why would I want to tell the admins or the technical guys that they should engage you at all?

IamSam
03-31-2009, 06:05 PM
I cracked and read some of bighead's posts just to see what crazy shit was being spewed, this was the best so far:

Waaaaaaaay to convenient

Actually, it would be waaaaaaaaay to convenient if they just banned you.

bighead384
03-31-2009, 06:10 PM
Nothing here is of any sort of gravity that would even require saving face. RC calling someone names is against the rules, but not a big deal as far as these things go. Friends of yours have done much worse in the past, and they're back among us now.

Besides, nothing's stopped you in the past from making shit up, why would I think for a second that you wouldn't keep doing this in the future?

Are you joking? YOU WOULDN'T BELIEVE ME ANYWAY. With you acting this way towards me, why would I want to tell the admins or the technical guys that they should engage you at all?

It would require saving face, because what happened proves that you were going to let posts that warranted warnings slide because you guys like RC.

If the report function isn't working, it's everyone's problem. Randman was concerned as well.

You say I wouldn't believe you, but all I'm asking for is a possibility of what could have happened. Honestly, I can't think of one.

Little_Miss_1565
03-31-2009, 06:12 PM
Hey guys, everyone who's my friend and/or that I like that has had posts deleted by me or that I've warned, you should probably say something to this guy. Though he probably won't beleive you, so scratch that.