PDA

View Full Version : Shit is fucked up

Al Coholic
03-28-2009, 06:14 PM
I haven't actually bought/heard an Offspring album since Conspiracy of One, and yet I'm really tired hearing this.

jacknife737
03-28-2009, 06:22 PM
Then you're probably on the wrong forum.

Cock Joke
03-28-2009, 06:27 PM

Seconded

0r4ng3
03-28-2009, 07:06 PM
But..."shit is fucked up" is the new "I'm not a trendy asshole"!

nieh
03-28-2009, 07:25 PM
I thought it was the new "Stupid dumbshit goddamn motherfucker!"

jacknife737
03-28-2009, 07:36 PM
I thought it was the new "Stupid dumbshit goddamn motherfucker!"

That was my assumption.

renato piquette
03-28-2009, 08:18 PM

this
some people are stuuuuuuuuuuuuuupid

RickyCrack
03-28-2009, 09:58 PM
swiiiiiiiiiiiiiiing lowwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww

KHWHD
03-28-2009, 10:02 PM
I haven't actually bought/heard an Offspring album since Conspiracy of One, and yet I'm really tired hearing this.

So why did you register here in the first place then?

RickyCrack
03-28-2009, 10:05 PM
sweeeeeeeeeeeet charrrrioooooooooooooooooot

OlderThanYou
03-28-2009, 10:41 PM
I would rather hear a million shit-is-fucked-up's than just ONE stuff-is-messed-up.

But that's just me... I'm not really one for censoring myself.

wheelchairman
03-29-2009, 02:52 AM
Anyone have anymore obvious jewels to toss out?

People do say it more often than they probably should, considering it's not clever at all.

JohnnyNemesis
03-29-2009, 03:00 AM
It's a pretty awesome song though. Lighten up.

_Lost_
03-29-2009, 03:24 AM
lol. ricky i think you try to hide your love for the offspring a bit. you know you still get misty-eyed by many an offspring song you big sapp.

and for real Al, why did you register here if you haven't listened to much offspring in the last 8 years?

(why am i responding to all yours posts this morning?... why in the fuck am i still up?!?)

wheelchairman
03-29-2009, 03:42 AM
On a side note Tizz didn't notice the Offspring song in Batman Forever.

Oh and Al, why did you even register for this forum at all?

dff_punk
03-29-2009, 04:30 AM
I remember him saying in some thread that he liked punk bands' forums. There might be some other reason too, though.

Blitzkrieg Bop
03-29-2009, 06:06 AM

Then you should be seriously ashamed of yourself :D

I definately prefer Shit Is Fucked Up to its Cool To Hate anyday ;)

Vera
03-29-2009, 06:31 AM
It's an updated version of Americana, essentially, but it's definitely a cool song, and the new album is badass and everybody who doesn't get it is a fool.

wheelchairman
03-29-2009, 06:39 AM
Well stopping at Conspiracy of One is also a mistake, that wasn't a very good album. Splinter turned out to be a rather solid album.

nieh
03-29-2009, 06:45 AM
I thought Splinter was easily their worst one. The new one's first half is easily the best half an album they've put out in a while, but the second half is a bit spotty. Still a better album than I was expecting them to put out.

T-6005
03-29-2009, 07:41 AM
I do feel quite alone in that Conspiracy of One was by far my favorite album of theirs.

Alison
03-29-2009, 07:44 AM
I think Conspiracy of One is possibly the worst album. I guess we all have different tastes.

on topic though, i dont really like stuff is messed up. think its a bit overrated.

Al Coholic
03-29-2009, 07:46 AM
lol. ricky i think you try to hide your love for the offspring a bit. you know you still get misty-eyed by many an offspring song you big sapp.

and for real Al, why did you register here if you haven't listened to much offspring in the last 8 years?

(why am i responding to all yours posts this morning?... why in the fuck am i still up?!?)

Didn't say I haven't listened to them. The offspring was the shit through the 90s, and I still have those albums. They were the band that got me into punk rock, which lead to all sorts of other music that I later discovered. Definately a big nostalgia factor with them.

I heard bits and peices of the new stuff at freinds' before, but wasn't motivated to get it from the little I've heard. I don't buy music, period, and I'm really lazy when it comes to downloading. Most of my music collection is dated.

Al Coholic
03-29-2009, 07:48 AM
I thought Splinter was easily their worst one.

This was also the general consensus I heard from people.

Besides which, the fact that I haven't heard the new albums only makes me a tru punx, all you other people are posers with your watered down, corporate sell out pop rock that I haven't actually heard but assume it is because it made money. :p

JohnnyNemesis
03-29-2009, 08:22 AM
I never hide my Offspring love!

Oh, btw, Americana = their worst album. I said it, and what I say is law. lulz.

Free?
03-29-2009, 09:06 AM
Lol. General-Chat people discuss Offspring albums in General Chat. An unusual picture. Lol.

nieh
03-29-2009, 09:08 AM

http://p-userpic.livejournal.com/74016263/362437

Americana's one of my favorites.

Vera
03-29-2009, 09:11 AM
I'M AN OUTLAW. Americana is great.

0r4ng3
03-29-2009, 09:20 AM
http://p-userpic.livejournal.com/74016263/362437

Americana's one of my favorites.
This. Smash is my least favorite. The rest are above "meh" level for me.

Also, yeah, "shit is fucked up" is used quite a bit on these forums. Did Splinter have its overused catch phrase? It might have been "don't fuck with Da Hui", I think.

JohnnyNemesis
03-29-2009, 09:24 AM
Yeah man, what kinda question is that? *slaps you across the face* Don't fuck with "Da Hui" was definitely it.

I also loved both Co1 and Splinter. I are stupid :(

nieh
03-29-2009, 09:25 AM
That makes no sense, because Co1 was basically Americana without the good songwriting.

wheelchairman
03-29-2009, 09:31 AM
Yeah Americana is definitely the best.

JohnnyNemesis
03-29-2009, 09:34 AM
Fucking blasphemous.

bighead384
03-29-2009, 09:48 AM
Fucking blasphemous.

Not liking Americana almost doesn't even make sense. You sure you're an Offspring fan? lolz.

Al Coholic
03-29-2009, 11:18 AM
In reality they sold out with Self Titled. I mean, titling an album after yourself? Obvious plug. Tru punk bands don't market. Once you go above selling demo tapes out of shoe boxes, you've clearly sold out.

Album wise I like them all for different reasons. Americana is reminiscent of the time I would have actually called myself a punk. Songs were catchy, and this is when everybody and their momma first started calling them 'sellouts'. Cool album art too. Ixnay's good too but mine's been scratched to hell for about a decade so I don't remember it too well. Smash and Ignition are the cool albums to like. "I was into the Offspring before they cut their hair." Smash has some of their best songs, especially to hear live. Ignition's grittier and that's cool too. Self Titled's alright but alltogether the music isn't that catchy or well produced, so it can get a little boring. Conspiracy of One is bland to me, I didn't bother buying it.

To me the Ignition-Americana phase was the height of the band. 90s punk rock too, which used to be a pretty fun thing. The stuff I've heard over the radio just doesn't sound anything like those days, and if they're just a shitty rock band now, not a shitty punk rock band, I don't care to buy their album anymore than I would Nickelback's. I suppose at some point I'll try downloading it just to see but eh...

holland25
03-29-2009, 11:38 AM
Wow, it's so long that I have heard nieh and WCM speaking about the band. I like it.

T-6005
03-29-2009, 12:01 PM
That makes no sense, because Co1 was basically Americana without the good songwriting.

That's not true. Aside from Want You Bad, which I liked for a short time, Conspiracy of One has some pretty great songwriting - it just doesn't have any of the serious undertones that Americana had.

Though, to be honest my favorite part of Conspiracy of one was the entire second half. Original Prankster and stuff really didn't impress me all that much, but I loved songs like Special Delivery, Vultures, Conspiracy of One and even Denial Revisited.

EDIT - though that's actually pretty true of Americana as well. I preferred the second half of the album.

Vera
03-29-2009, 12:19 PM
Dude, Original Prankster is great song-writing? Give me any song from Americana over that shizz.

Little_Miss_1565
03-29-2009, 12:20 PM

I DON'T EVEN KNOW YOU ANYMORE. wtf?!

Llamas
03-29-2009, 12:20 PM
"Million miles away" yeah lets go>>>
"Special delivery" ominous scary killer tune
"Want you bad" double meaning is awesome
"Come out swinging" great song, who knows what it means ; )
"One fine day" one fine song
and more...
Special Delivery, Want You Bad, and One Fine Day are fairly awful songs; especially the latter two.

I never hide my Offspring love!

Fag.

This. Smash is my least favorite. The rest are above "meh" level for me.

Also, yeah, "shit is fucked up" is used quite a bit on these forums. Did Splinter have its overused catch phrase? It might have been "don't fuck with Da Hui", I think.
Smash has always been one of my least favorites. I never really liked that album as much... it was always only above Co1 and Splinter.

That's not true. Aside from Want You Bad, which I liked for a short time, Conspiracy of One has some pretty great songwriting - it just doesn't have any of the serious undertones that Americana had.

Though, to be honest my favorite part of Conspiracy of one was the entire second half. Original Prankster and stuff really didn't impress me all that much, but I loved songs like Special Delivery, Vultures, Conspiracy of One and even Denial Revisited.

EDIT - though that's actually pretty true of Americana as well. I preferred the second half of the album.
Co1 had an excellent ending. Denial, Vultures, Co1... and Huck It, if you count that. Very strong. Besides those last songs, the only others on the album I really like are Come Out Swinging (kinda), Million Miles Away, and Living in Chaos.

Americana had an even better ending, even though Why Don't You Get a Job? was in there.

In conclusion, Ixnay is their best album, Want You Bad is their worst song.

nieh
03-29-2009, 12:25 PM
I don't think Co1 was a bad album, just basically a weaker version of Americana. Original Prankster could've basically been Pretty Fly 2: Electric Boogaloo, Want you Bad wasn't that great (although neither was She's Got Issues), plus Americana has Pay the Man.

Free?
03-29-2009, 12:37 PM
Hey, Al, click me! (http://www.megaupload.com/?d=SB650B7E)
I hope it will not leave a deep scar in your mind. It's just not cool (http://offspring.com/forums/showthread.php?t=37098) to be here and don't know what shit is fucked up stands for.
The last track is only a bonus track on Japanese version, I would recommend not to mix it with the whole album because it doesn't fit as ender at all.
Let another discussion about what is and what's not punk rock begin.

T-6005
03-29-2009, 12:45 PM
Dude, Original Prankster is great song-writing? Give me any song from Americana over that shizz.

Well, your snappy remark is going into my angry book.

In any case, I forgot to mention that one, yes. But I still enjoy the song - Americana had Pretty Fly, after all.

jacknife737
03-29-2009, 12:45 PM
I don't think Co1 was a bad album, just basically a weaker version of Americana. Original Prankster could've basically been Pretty Fly 2: Electric Boogaloo, Want you Bad wasn't that great (although neither was She's Got Issues), plus Americana has Pay the Man.

This.

I think CO1 had some great tracks, and some a few so-so ones; but it just had this "Americana II" vibe, and the sequel didn't live anywhere up to the original; just like Matrix Reloaded.

Special Delivery, Want You Bad, and One Fine Day are fairly awful songs; especially the latter two.

I've always felt that One Fine Day got a bit too much hate directed at it, on this site. Sure the lyrics aren't great, and are probably some of the worst that the band has written, but still, it's always seemed like a fun song to play live.

Gustavo
03-29-2009, 12:51 PM
How can someone like Al be on here for such a long time and not hear any of the Offspring's stuff in 8 years? (I'm assuming Al has been here since before 2004 with previous accounts, I hope I didn't get the names confused)

Llamas
03-29-2009, 12:57 PM
I've always felt that One Fine Day got a bit too much hate directed at it, on this site. Sure the lyrics aren't great, and are probably some of the worst that the band has written, but still, it's always seemed like a fun song to play live.

Not only do I hate the lyrics, but I never really thought the music was good. I always skipped that song, haha.

jpstoner, if you can't take other people's opinions, get out. I didn't insult anyone or act like an asshole; I wasn't starting shit just by giving my opinion. If you're offended by that, you're posting in the wrong place.

Thomas
03-29-2009, 01:03 PM
blah blah blah blah ...LOL

Wow. Stop being a jackass.

Thomas
03-29-2009, 01:22 PM
Is it OK if I write that one down, and use later?

There are some here who enjoy being DICKS,
and they pronounce it. This would be a good one to use on them,
but hmmmmm? maybe the dicks and jackass part might clash,,,but, what the heck, maybe that is Ok.

Except no one was being a dick to you when you started acting like a jackass.

Thomas
03-29-2009, 01:26 PM
what ? ..who me?

NO, no one here is ever a dick,
everyone is so kind, it like a mini Nirvana.

Deleting your post doesn't mean it didn't happen.

Llamas
03-29-2009, 01:28 PM
Haha, he deleted the post. And then changed the subject. Very nice.

Al Coholic
03-29-2009, 02:36 PM
Hey, Al, click me! (http://www.megaupload.com/?d=SB650B7E)
I hope it will not leave a deep scar in your mind. It's just not cool (http://offspring.com/forums/showthread.php?t=37098) to be here and don't know what shit is fucked up stands for.
The last track is only a bonus track on Japanese version, I would recommend not to mix it with the whole album because it doesn't fit as ender at all.
Let another discussion about what is and what's not punk rock begin.

Thanks but it says it has lots of advertising. I'm wary of just downloading anything incase I catch some adware or something. I don't need that shit.

Funny, you'd think I'd wear condoms more often.

_Lost_
03-29-2009, 03:29 PM
americana isn't the worst but it definitely isn't my favorite by any means.

IXNAY FTW!

EDIT: what'd jpstoners post say?

Thomas
03-29-2009, 03:40 PM

IXNAY FTW!

EDIT: what'd jpstoners post say?

Actually, I'm with JN in that I think Americana was their worst, too. it's good, but all the others are better.

He basically exploded at llamas because she disagreed with his opinion of Co1.

RickyCrack
03-29-2009, 03:41 PM
i'd explode all over llamas too.

Free?
03-29-2009, 04:04 PM
Thanks but it says it has lots of advertising. I'm wary of just downloading anything incase I catch some adware or something. I don't need that shit.

Funny, you'd think I'd wear condoms more often.
Didn't you ever happen to use megaupload?
Don't pay any attention to the advertisement.

http://img13.imageshack.us/img13/3811/megauploadp.jpg

I personally have uploaded the album, so it's clean. Enter that 4-signs code and wait 40 seconds, (you'll see the countdown) then the "regular download" button will appear, click it.
How could you aim to be a mod without knowing such basic things as megaupload? :}
EDIT: ...and not being familiar with late Offspring at all?!

Gustavo
03-29-2009, 04:30 PM

IXNAY FTW!

Seconded.

Ain't got nothing damn more to add. Truer words have never been said.

But, let's not forget that The End of The Line is an Americana song, and it's da shit.

_Lost_
03-29-2009, 05:47 PM
Seconded.

Ain't got nothing damn more to add. Truer words have never been said.

But, let's not forget that The End of The Line is an Americana song, and it's da shit.

well yeah. end of the line all the way, but thats not enough bonus points to make up for the rest of americana, thus ixnay is superior.

KHWHD
03-29-2009, 05:48 PM
Personally I think Ignition is their best album.

RickyCrack
03-29-2009, 06:05 PM
the mega site is actually a really safe and good site. I usually watch tv off there but that stupid 72 minute limit kills me. but yea its spyware free and the quality is always really good

WebDudette
03-29-2009, 07:12 PM
I assumed that Al was just making an excuse for not downloading the album.

renato piquette
03-29-2009, 07:23 PM
Personally I think Ignition is their best album.

i second this

Cock Joke
03-29-2009, 08:40 PM
Here's my take: Ixnay is the best Offspring album, whereas Ignition is the best punk album ever. Does that make sense? :o

Having said all that, it's hard to choose what the best album ever is, Ixnay or Ignition?

JohnnyNemesis
03-29-2009, 08:49 PM
I agree, Ignition is their best, or at the very least my favorite. Forever and a Day gives me chills.

_Lost_
03-29-2009, 09:27 PM
ignoiton used to be my fave, then i decided on ixnya.

ninthz
03-30-2009, 06:34 AM
NO MORE HOPE FOR BETTER DAYS :(:(:(:(

So wait, did the Offspring come out with an album recently or something or are you guys talking about that rage and etc etc etc album?

Oh, and Ixnay was their best album. I'M ACTUALLY LISTENING TO AN OFFSPRING SONG BECAUSE OF THIS THREAD, LOLKEKLOL. Oh, and it's really odd listening to this stuff because I used to know all of the words and now I'm like "Yeah, I kind of remember this."