PDA

View Full Version : You are dead.

T-6005
03-31-2009, 05:41 AM
I am terrified of dying, but that isn't what this thread is about - I'm too awesome and forward thinking for that.

No, what I was thinking of was specifically what people would say at my funeral, were I to expire tomorrow. What would people remember about me?

Most importantly - would I feel that the image the people I leave behind have about me is inaccurate? Would I cringe at any eulogies and at what people choose to remember and bring up (family tradition dictates a chronological account of my most embarrassing moments)?

And though you'd be dead by this point (that's the idea), I want you to try and cast your minds forward to the day of your funeral (or whatever is the most official way your family and friends deal with death) and evaluate the way you think people will remember you.

Personally I doubt I'll be remembered as being quite as brilliant as I really am. My dead ego needs soothing.

Also, apparently I'll be remembered for the occasional overuse of parentheses.

OlderThanYou
03-31-2009, 05:44 AM
My dead ego needs soothing.

Better soothing than stroking.

I draw the line at stroking dead ego.

Flux
03-31-2009, 06:11 AM
I suggest you leave your loved ones a pre-prepared speech.

T-6005
03-31-2009, 07:23 AM
I suggest you leave your loved ones a pre-prepared speech.

Perhaps to cement my brilliance.

But no, the idea isn't to leave a note to tell them how I feel, it's more about wondering whether the way I perceive myself and the way others do match up in any way. Obviously it won't be a hundred percent, but who wouldn't like to think that people truly understood them during their lives?

Fractal
03-31-2009, 07:39 AM
Nope, I'm alive. Standing on your grave and laughing.

T-6005
03-31-2009, 08:10 AM
How punk of you.

Fractal
03-31-2009, 08:18 AM
Not as punk as giving shit about my image when I'm dead. :)

ad8
03-31-2009, 09:52 AM
I think most people I know would just think of me as a lonely, quiet guy. I don't think they really knew what I was doing during my life. So they'd probably be sad but would forget me in like 6 months. lol I also have a dead ego. Poor me.

wheelchairman
03-31-2009, 10:05 AM
It would suck because I haven't accomplished anything yet. I don't plan on dying until I've accomplished something. Like Thi, my genius would go unappreciated. Like they say in Batman Begins, its your actions that define you.

However I would leave a rather good looking corpse.

However were I to die in some undefined future moment I'm fairly certain my genius will have been realized.

Lizardus
03-31-2009, 10:32 AM
I would play enter the sandman and set your body on fire while i'm at it.

WebDudette
03-31-2009, 03:11 PM
I think I would just be disappointed in how little the people I truly liked cared, or I would be overjoyed by how much the people I truly like cared.

dr.vanessa
04-04-2009, 08:42 AM
I dunno...it depends on when i'm gonna die..a.if i died right now my parents n sister would be really very sad i think ,my friends would probably be shocked n curious n maybe some of them would really feel kinda sad..

[B]b.if i died as a middle-aged[about 40-50-60]my familly n esp my children ,if i had, would be really sad n would miss me,a few friends might miss me too,but in that age maybe there would be ppl who'd be even happy for my death[job enemies n stuff]...

c.if i died very old[about 85-90+] none would really give a shit.."who cares" they'd say "she was f**king old anyway" ......,my alive friends of the same age would be mostly scared because they'd thnk: "oh f*ck sooner or later i'll die too like her since i have the same age..."lol.........n i don't want to even imagine what would happen if i died old n millionaire....:p:rolleyes::D

Homer
04-04-2009, 02:04 PM
I'm planning on having my body cremated in a cardboard box.

Also, about the whole 'what they'll say' thing: I don't tend to worry. As long as you have someone in your life that can put up with you, then there's going to be something nice said at your funeral, regardless of whether or not you've lead a successful life.

Budzy
04-05-2009, 12:38 AM
Isn't that what this (http://www.offspring.com/forums/showthread.php?t=37180) thread is about?

Hopefully I will be remembered as the one who pointed out the other funeral thread.

Offspring-Junkie
04-05-2009, 01:38 AM
I don't want to be remembered as a genius. I want to be the one, who helped and inspired other people in a good way.

Paint_It_Black
04-10-2009, 07:26 AM
I want you to try and cast your minds forward to the day of your funeral (or whatever is the most official way your family and friends deal with death) and evaluate the way you think people will remember you.

I actually think that everyone who cares enough to show up at my funeral would remember me in very different ways. I'm a different person to different people. Some people know particular facets of my personality very well, but only a couple of people really have a good grasp of the complete picture. I could evaluate how specific people would likely remember me, but I couldn't give a generic one-size-fits-all type answer.

I don't think I care too much at this point how people will remember me. I care much more about how much I would be missed. I think if I died today at least 3 people would be completely devastated, and that feels strangely great.

AllIn All It's Not So Bad
04-14-2009, 01:53 PM
i'll remember u as the guy with the funny pic and the funny signature "needs eggs'

Superdope
04-14-2009, 01:54 PM
I saw a thread saying I was dead. underneath it said All In All It's Not So Bad.

I felt sad :(

chicapowerpunk
04-14-2009, 02:19 PM
Well, death means nothing ..... why ?..... the death is only one step to the nothing jajajajajajaja ...... ....... if not you remember .... .. is for your actions ... jajajajja..........:cool:

Happy Death

T-6005
04-15-2009, 09:31 AM
I think it's hilarious when people laugh in Spanish online.

Free?
04-15-2009, 09:34 AM
You mean "jajajaajaja"? I had no idea it meant laughing until now.

0r4ng3
04-15-2009, 09:59 AM
I always thought it meant someone was agreeing heavily.

dff_punk
04-15-2009, 10:00 AM
I thought they were singing All I Want.

wheelchairman
04-15-2009, 10:18 AM
On this one board I go to there is this Spaniard who is impossible to understand. Anyways one of the better moments is when a guy imitated him while answering his question.

gnye it says FORUM changed database or sum wierd shit and i cant log in,truth is i maybe didnt log in in a year or so but wtf?

jejejejejejeje si Spaniard you need to el logino to have it trabajador

Free?
04-15-2009, 10:32 AM
"si Spaniard el logino trabajador"
Aaahahahaha
I mean
Jajajajajajajaa

iPunk247
04-17-2009, 10:45 PM
when i die, i'll die happy in heaven or hell. since i cheat death. so, fear me i am a demon. :p :D :cool: haha

seriously though, i don't know. bang! bang! i'm dead. so what. happily resting in peace.