PDA

View Full Version : The Office

Cbonham5
03-31-2009, 12:53 PM
This is a really polarizing show, everybody i know thats watched it either loves it or hates it. Personally, i'm a huge fan. (U.K. fans feel free to post about the original version and how the U.S. edition stacks up)

renato piquette
03-31-2009, 03:17 PM
donīt kknow the u.k. version,but i bet it sucks,i love the american show,i get a boner everytime i see jim

the_offsprings_monkey
03-31-2009, 04:13 PM
donīt kknow the u.k. version,but i bet it sucks,i love the american show,i get a boner everytime i see jim

The UK is the original, and as usual, the Americans had to try and tax it, but failed epically. And no, it really doesn't suck. It's won many awards and if it sucked, the Americans wouldn't of copied it would they.

renato piquette
03-31-2009, 04:14 PM
The UK is the original, and as usual, the Americans had to try and tax it, but failed epically. And no, it really doesn't suck. It's won many awards and if it sucked, the Americans wouldn't of copied it would they.

right,but still,i like the american version

jacknife737
03-31-2009, 05:52 PM
The US version is superior, Rcky Gervais is still a funnier boss, ect, ect.

renato piquette
03-31-2009, 05:53 PM
michael scott forever!

Llamas
03-31-2009, 07:07 PM
The first couple seasons of the US Office were lame because the atmosphere of the show didn't work with American humor. The show has gotten its own footing and become a completely different show now, so I like it. I don't think the American version is as good as the UK version, but I'm generally a fan. I don't really compare the two anymore since the US version is so far off in its own direction, anyway.

RickyCrack
03-31-2009, 11:23 PM
I love the office, i've yet to try the uk version, i'm just scared to because i like to take shows from start to finish and seeing the same stock characters will be a total mind fuck for me at first.

Llamas
03-31-2009, 11:25 PM
The UK version is only two seasons (short ones) and a Christmas episode. You can watch it in a day.

IamSam
03-31-2009, 11:40 PM
The first couple seasons of the US Office were lame because the atmosphere of the show didn't work with American humor. The show has gotten its own footing and become a completely different show now, so I like it. I don't think the American version is as good as the UK version, but I'm generally a fan. I don't really compare the two anymore since the US version is so far off in its own direction, anyway.

I disagree. I think that seasons 1-3 were the best and starting in season 4 it started declining. Season 5 has been horrible except for a few gags.

bighead384
03-31-2009, 11:48 PM
The UK version really sucks in my opinion.

Cbonham5
04-01-2009, 12:30 PM

replace jim with pam and you have my feelings exactly...though i shouldn't judge the U.K. version since i avoided the U.S. version for years until i decided to be fair and give it a shot.

IxnayontheLindsay
04-01-2009, 12:32 PM
I agree, you either love it or hate it. I personally love it!!!

Cbonham5
04-01-2009, 12:36 PM
I need to get the DVDs or something, i just started watching so i DVR every episode on NBC and TBS (lot of anagrams in this post...)

Cbonham5
04-02-2009, 12:31 PM
Does anyone know where they're going with the Michael Scott Paper Company storyline? personally my theory is that Michael and Pam will somehow end up back at Dunder Mifflin but this could be their way of leaving the show (if Jenna Fischer left i would weep)

IamSam
04-02-2009, 01:44 PM
If the show lost Michael Scott it would be a significant blow. What they need to do is incorporate more Jim/Dwight fun items and get back to what the show was in Seasons 1-3.

T-6005
04-02-2009, 08:00 PM
I seriously dislike the US Office. They leave silences that are meant to be funny with "quirky" camera zooms meant to fix anything and make you laugh awkwardly.

I prefer my funny awkward silences to actually be funny.

Cbonham5
04-03-2009, 12:57 PM
If the show lost Michael Scott it would be a significant blow. What they need to do is incorporate more Jim/Dwight fun items and get back to what the show was in Seasons 1-3.

I like the direction the show is in but i 100% agree with the Jim/Dwight notion

SweetTatyana
04-03-2009, 02:26 PM

Agreed, those Jim/Dwight jokes and pranks were the best. The Christmas wrap this season was pretty funny or when Dwight had the fake fire drill and the safety talks were great.

I love The Office, the last few episodes this seasons werent that funny but the plot line has been very interesting (I won't say it for those who've yet to see!), I wonder how it will turn out!

EDIT: Jim in the tuxedo was the hottest/funniest thing !!