PDA

View Full Version : Anti-Flag: The People or the Gun

Rooster
04-03-2009, 06:51 AM
Anyone else anticipating this? This is supposed to be punkier record than their last effort, truer to their roots. The new song from the record (Sheep In Shepherd's Clothing) is quite good, i'm pleased with it more than with anything on The Bright Lights of America (that album just doesn't do it for me, it seemed pretty much uninspired).

Oh, and they're not releasing it on RCA. They are on an independent record label again, this time SideOneDummy Records.

It's going to be released on 9th june.

This might be old news for you, but i found it out today. I'm really looking forward to this one.

Looks like 2009 is going to be another good year for music :)

Outerspaceman21
04-03-2009, 10:37 AM
Thank god. I was about to kill myself with this music year. Fucking Green Day and Blink 182 were going to ruin this year for me.

Thank god for Anti-Flag and Rancid.

Rooster
04-03-2009, 02:15 PM
Thank god. I was about to kill myself with this music year. Fucking Green Day and Blink 182 were going to ruin this year for me.

Thank god for Anti-Flag and Rancid.

I'll probably check the new blink effort when it comes out - they are one of the bands that got me into punk rock (first softer, then harder styles :D), so i still have something for them... But Green Day on the other hand... UGH!

But this year will be great - new NOFX, new Rancid, new (and THANK GOD punk again) Anti-Flag, maybe new Social Distortion also, maybe new Iron Maiden (i'm not sure if this year or the next year, they didn't say anything about the release date yet), QOTSA are making a new album... Hell yes!

dff_punk
05-05-2009, 11:51 AM
It leaked. (http://www.mediafire.com/?zw5dth1zzle)
Opinion coming soon :)

Rooster
05-05-2009, 11:54 AM
HELL YES!

The best news today. Downloading it right now...

edit: Wow, so far it's 10 times better than anything on The Bright Lights, and much better than For Blood And Empire (i liked that album). Great guitar riffs are back, fast melodic songs are back.

We Are The Ones is an instat favorite. Highly recommend this album. I'll buy it when it's released, if i see it.

Anti-Flag are back, and in a good way. I hoped this would happen, i was really disappointed with The Bright Lights.

Alison
05-05-2009, 12:25 PM
Ohh, yes, I am definitely anticipating the album (don't know whether to download or not...I was planning on buying it...I guess I could still buy it after downloading).
From 'sheep in shepherds clothing' i have hopes for it to be better than The Bright Lights of America. That album mostly kinda sucked.

Rooster
05-05-2009, 12:32 PM
Ohh, yes, I am definitely anticipating the album (don't know whether to download or not...I was planning on buying it...I guess I could still buy it after downloading).
From 'sheep in shepherds clothing' i have hopes for it to be better than The Bright Lights of America. That album mostly kinda sucked.

Download it, i'm planning on buying it too, but i just couldn't wait. Trust me, it's totally worth it.

This is an awesome album, without any filler track. Fast, melodic, great riffs. ANd the chorus of We Are The Ones makes me want to just plug in my guitar, go to a gig and just rock the fuck out. It's really the best thing they've done in a while. In a way similar to For Blood And Empire, only faster, more agressive, less mainstream. It's worth it. I really hoped they would return, but i wasn't sure if they were going to. Now i'm relieved.

Alison
05-05-2009, 12:35 PM
i gave in, and it's nearly downloaded now :)
Wow, if it's better than For Blood and Empire, then that's definitely good news!

Outerspaceman21
05-05-2009, 02:02 PM
Thats good news.

holland25
05-05-2009, 02:23 PM
It leaked. (http://www.mediafire.com/?zw5dth1zzle)
Opinion coming soon :)

Thanks for the link.

RageAndLov
05-05-2009, 02:35 PM
I can't stand Anti-Flag. It is just something wrong with their sound.

Alison
05-05-2009, 03:34 PM
I really like We Are The One.
This Is The First Night reminds me of Justin Sane's solo stuff.
You Are Fired is pretty cool too.

I'm happy with this.

dff_punk
05-05-2009, 03:44 PM
We Are The Ones is an instat favorite.

I really like We Are The One.

I second this(these?), this might be the best song after the first listen. Overall it seems more punkier than their last record(which is probably good) and I pretty much like it so far. Gonna listen to it more... :)

NGNM85
05-05-2009, 08:42 PM
If you wanna talk Anti-Flag, you MUST listen to the first album "Die For the Government". It blows away everything they've done since, it's hard to believe it's the same band. The album is INCREDIBLE. fantastic musicianship, delivery, smart lyrics, and an even mix of political and apolitical songs. This album got me into Punk Rock, and 11 years later I still love it.

Alison
05-06-2009, 09:27 AM
Die For The Government is possibly the best album, yes. But I guess when Andy left, they changed a bit.

IamSam
05-06-2009, 11:36 AM
I'm a fan.

Rooster
05-07-2009, 09:17 AM
Hell yes, i just found out A-F will be doing a show in Ljubljana (the capital city of Slovenia) on the 17th August, so i'll deffinitely be seeing them live!

The best news today for me :D

SuperKnux
05-07-2009, 10:25 AM
Aww.. Anti-Flag, reminds me of being back in high school.

The weird ol' days..

WerGee
05-26-2009, 01:31 AM
ohh A-F they r my famous:)

Rooster
08-18-2009, 09:53 AM
Bump.

I went to their show in Celje, Slovenia yesterday. The Best concert i ever attended, hands down. They played in a small place in front of about only 300 people, maybe even less. The whole show was one big moshpit, we were moshing and stagediving like crazy (there was some pretty intense circle pit too).

I heard they were amazing live, but i had no idea they are as great as they were...

edit: Oh, and there were two supporting bands, one was Golliwog

edit2: I'm very glad they played 911 For Peace and We Are The One (apparently they don't play them on every show)

Static_Martyr
08-18-2009, 01:34 PM
I got my copy for $5 at Warped Tour in Atlanta last month, signed by Justin and Pat~ Listened to it once we got home, fell in love with the whole damn thing. It's just the right mix of pop and hardcore, and This Is The First Night is an instant classic IMO.

Also, the hidden track is pretty good (Teenage Kennedy Lobotomy); I give kudos for the Ramones reference :D And also XD at "I get paid by the drum beat!"

Rooster
08-18-2009, 04:18 PM
I asked Justin if they had any copies of their new album there. He told me to check if the guy who was selling their merch had any, but i've already checked there. He's a cool dude, Justin. He signed the ticket for the gig, and i have a photo with him.

Anyway, i bought 2 t-shirts and their banner. The ticked with the autograph is now safely stored in the booklet of their new album :D

Anyway, i was really impressed by their performance, and i can tell they enjoyed playing there very much. If a band members do what they like and want to do you can easily see it. They aren't doing it for the money, but for themselves, and the fans.

edit:

Should I Stay Or Should I Go (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NKRl2hddst8) This was one of the encores
Die For Your Government (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LCADrSoz9zI)

These aren't my vids, but they are from the show i attended