PDA

View Full Version : Detroit Freedom Hill question

Forman
04-03-2009, 08:57 AM
I just had a question about this venue. I just bought tickets and I am in the front section and notice that they have assigned seat numbers (eg: DD-111). I noticed in the pics of the venue that everyone is standing, so is it safe to assume that this section doesn't have seats per se, but is just standing (and the "assigned seats" are just a means of tracking numbers of sales for that section)? I have never seen an Offspring concert where there ISN'T a first come first serve standing section, but I just wanted to make sure. Has anyone been to this venue before? Thanks!

Forman
04-07-2009, 08:56 PM
anyone? :(

Tijs
04-08-2009, 01:26 AM
I couldn't imagine an Offspring concert with seats only. I'm sure it's a first come first serve kind of thing like you said.

Forman
04-08-2009, 12:19 PM
My thoughts exactly but it is nice to be reassured :)

Mike_911
04-08-2009, 01:25 PM
The Detroit show has no floor/pit area at the front of the stage.. I find it very weird that they are playing a venue that is all seated.. Unless something is different the day of the show but there is no floor/general admission/pit area on ticketmaster or the seating chart. It will be weird to see them play a show like this.

You could always contact the venue to confirm this.

Forman
04-10-2009, 10:46 AM
When you look at pics on the venues sight though theres a "pit area" for even a Billy Ray Cyrus concert :S and when you look at the seating chart for the Poison show, there is no indication of a pit, even though the pics of the show clearly show people standing in front of the stage. When I saw them in Toronto I am trying to remember if I was assigned a seat number and row, even though it was just a floor ticket, so I am wondering if it is the same thing here...hmm, but yea good point, calling would probably be the best bet

Mike_911
04-10-2009, 10:56 AM
When you look at pics on the venues sight though theres a "pit area" for even a Billy Ray Cyrus concert :S and when you look at the seating chart for the Poison show, there is no indication of a pit, even though the pics of the show clearly show people standing in front of the stage. When I saw them in Toronto I am trying to remember if I was assigned a seat number and row, even though it was just a floor ticket, so I am wondering if it is the same thing here...hmm, but yea good point, calling would probably be the best bet

I e-mailed them and the person said it will be unknown until later on. I really hope they have one in the end somehow. Are you going to the Toronto show in July? The only way to be on the floor for that is to have a general admission floor ticket.

Forman
04-10-2009, 11:55 AM
Hey man, thanks for doing that! I'll be pretty pissed if there isn't, cuz yea I am going to the Toronto show but we got seats for that one.

Camilamazed
04-10-2009, 03:07 PM
I'm not sure about who said that but I read that they assign seats just to not oversell tickets.

=D