PDA

View Full Version : So ummm...

sKratch
04-04-2009, 12:07 AM
I live in Binghamton. Sup.

JohnnyNemesis
04-04-2009, 12:48 AM
lol ATTENTIONWHORE

How long before this gets 9/11'd on this BBS? I think you all know what I mean by that.

tazmaniaqu
04-04-2009, 01:46 AM
so ummm.......i must keep quite...coz the hunter will know i'm here...:confused:

Homer
04-04-2009, 02:38 AM
How long before this gets 9/11'd on this BBS? I think you all know what I mean by that.

Someone flies a plane... into sKratch?

Mota Boy
04-04-2009, 06:59 AM
Wow, I thought about that, then I thought "Oh, but he just goes to school there, so he's home for the summer". Christ, I guess the school year now ends with basketball season for me (congrats on making the tourney).

Otherwise, it's interesting how these things spike (particularly with the perspective on them gained by reading The Tipping Point). I mean, yeah, it's a terrible tragedy that a bunch of people got gunned down, but I hate the way it becomes a media narrative, and the way these people are researched and their motives are analyzed and they end up becoming celebrities, which just feeds the cycle (more exposure normalizes the idea that shooting up some local institution is an acceptable way of dealing with personal failure or fear of an abstract concept). So I just end up boycotting these stories and refusing to read anything on them, much like celebrity gossip, though I suppose I would likely cave were a celebrity to go on a shooting spree.

Anyway, what's the mood around campus?

Mota Boy
04-04-2009, 07:03 AM
Someone flies a plane... into sKratch?Eh, I don't know if that's the best analogy for an event so tragic and costly. In that scenario Stephan would surely die, but everyone else would survive without a skratch.

/God help me, 'cause I can't help myself

Lizardus
04-04-2009, 05:48 PM
Someone flies a plane... into sKratch?

I want to fly my plane into sKratch, ifunowwatimean!

Homer
04-05-2009, 02:10 AM
Well, this thread has taken a turn for the better.

mrconeman
04-05-2009, 05:35 AM
Eh, I don't know if that's the best analogy for an event so tragic and costly. In that scenario Stephan would surely die, but everyone else would survive without a skratch.

/God help me, 'cause I can't help myself

*rapturous applause*
Just wonderful.

sKratch
04-06-2009, 10:03 PM
lolz.

So it's our Spring break right now and I just went up with some friends to Seneca Lake for wine and beer (awesome!) so I was without Internets for the weekend. But now I'm back in Binghamton. It was pretty crazy on Friday... no one really knew what was going on for sure and I don't have TV so I didn't hear about it till well after noon. It also happened at a place I drive past almost every day. It still hasn't really sank in that it was so close, and also I was away for the weekend so it removed me from it a bit.

ps- unless I were in an open field and it were a low flyover, if a plane crashed into me everyone on the plane would get pwnt too.