PDA

View Full Version : Tattoo Ideas

Apathy
04-04-2009, 09:16 PM
I want a tattoo. Seeing as it's something that I'll have for a while, I figure I should probably plan something out. Problem is, despite how long I've thought about getting one... nothing ever hits me as something I really want. I want something kind of sprawling I guess, because a tattoo of just one little picture is kind of arbitrary in my opinion, but things like tribals just look fucking lame.

So hit me up with some ideas.

Or alternatively, just post pictures of your own tattoos. Because the thread will probably quickly degenerate/evolve into that anyway.

OlderThanYou
04-04-2009, 09:33 PM
Well...

I'm into astrology, so getting my Chinese zodiac sign (dragon) was kind of a no-brainer.

I also have some little ones that just remind me of things... like a yin-yang, a koru, an ourobouros.

The thing is, no one can really SUGGEST a tattoo. They are all very personal, and what may be really important to one person, may not be to another.

coke_a_holic
04-04-2009, 11:26 PM
"I want something permanently inked into my body, but I don't know what design I'd like yet."

Think about it a bit more. Also, don't, don't, don't EVER get one out of the books they have at the tattoo store. Jesus.

OlderThanYou
04-04-2009, 11:30 PM
Pics poofed. :)

OlderThanYou
04-04-2009, 11:30 PM
Part 2...

Pics poofed. :)

OlderThanYou
04-04-2009, 11:32 PM
"I want something permanently inked into my body, but I don't know what design I'd like yet."

Think about it a bit more. Also, don't, don't, don't EVER get one out of the books they have at the tattoo store. Jesus.

Ditto and HUGE DITTO!

WebDudette
04-04-2009, 11:45 PM
If you have to ask for ideas, you probably want to reevaluate. Also, I don't think this is what you are doing, but don't go out and get an 'oh man, I'm 18+ I'm free to get what I want. woooo!'

OlderThanYou, some of yours look like they are straight out of the book.

OlderThanYou
04-04-2009, 11:49 PM

Rest assured... they weren't.

They all mean something to me, they are like my babies. I love them all. :)

Budzy
04-05-2009, 12:31 AM

I agree with this.

Personally I like tribals, because they look awesome and you can't like grow out of them, because it's just a pattern, no real meaning behind it.
I got a friend with the Metallica Ninja Star symbol and like a twisting flame coming off it, that starts at his waist and finishes just inder his armpit.

ninthz
04-05-2009, 12:37 AM
Get a picture of a pussy. Because you're a pussy. Wait, I'm thinking of Sinister. But yeah, you're both still fags.

Oh, and as for the whole 'post your own tatttoos' idea: ride a dick,
ps: I have nothing against you and probably like you, Hey Apathy. Once upon a time I thought you were a pretty cool guy. This is me being honest. Hey.

Blitzkrieg Bop
04-05-2009, 04:49 AM
Problem is, despite how long I've thought about getting one... nothing ever hits me as something I really want.

This seems to be my problem as well ... also what ever idea I have in my mind always turns out to be shit on paper and then it is basically back to the drawing board.

nieh
04-05-2009, 11:00 AM
If I were to ever cave and get a tattoo, I'd get something by Camille Rose Garcia. I'm not sure if she actually does/designs tattoos herself, but there's a lot of people out there with tattoos of her artwork.
Here's some of the tattoos:
http://i69.photobucket.com/albums/i62/joeniesen/tattoogiffy.gif
And here's (http://www.camillerosegarcia.com/) her website where you can see a lot of her paintings and other artwork.

Grimesy da Offspringfan
04-05-2009, 11:06 AM
I'm thinking about tattoos too. I want an Offspring logo tattoo on my shoulder, a RAFRAG or Misfits tattoo on my other shoulder, a "Headbanger" tattoo on my stomach like Kirk Hammett has his "Made In SF" tatto, and a Metallica "star" tattoo somewhere. Oh, and 100 bucks on my cock. I like to see my money getting bigger

Apathy
04-05-2009, 05:46 PM
If you have to ask for ideas, you probably want to reevaluate. Also, I don't think this is what you are doing, but don't go out and get an 'oh man, I'm 18+ I'm free to get what I want. woooo!'

Yeah, yeah I know. I just had all these ideas then the second they became plausible I went.....eh. That's kind of lame.

Get a picture of a pussy. Because you're a pussy. Wait, I'm thinking of Sinister. But yeah, you're both still fags.

Oh, and as for the whole 'post your own tatttoos' idea: ride a dick,
ps: I have nothing against you and probably like you, Hey Apathy. Once upon a time I thought you were a pretty cool guy. This is me being honest. Hey.
Thanks... for....the honesty?

ninthz
04-05-2009, 07:40 PM
I'm thinking about tattoos too. I want an Offspring logo tattoo on my shoulder, a RAFRAG or Misfits tattoo on my other shoulder, a "Headbanger" tattoo on my stomach like Kirk Hammett has his "Made In SF" tatto, and a Metallica "star" tattoo somewhere. Oh, and 100 bucks on my cock. I like to see my money getting bigger
All of these fall under the category of terrible ideas.

Thanks... for....the honesty?
Thanks for the insobriety is more like it. The Sinister comment is particularly comedic to me.

nieh
04-05-2009, 07:47 PM
You should totally get an AFI tattoo.

ninthz
04-05-2009, 07:56 PM
alan forbes
(i love nieh)

Llamas
04-05-2009, 08:09 PM

Oh please get every single one of these and post pictures so we can all have a good laugh.

nieh
04-05-2009, 08:24 PM
alan forbes
(i love nieh)

<3
Don't you also have L/R tattooed in binary on your knuckles or something like that?

ninthz
04-05-2009, 09:19 PM
<3
Don't you also have L/R tattooed in binary on your knuckles or something like that?

Chest, not knuckles. Tattoos are gay.

renato piquette
04-05-2009, 10:06 PM
I want a tattoo. Seeing as it's something that I'll have for a while, I figure I should probably plan something out. Problem is, despite how long I've thought about getting one... nothing ever hits me as something I really want. I want something kind of sprawling I guess, because a tattoo of just one little picture is kind of arbitrary in my opinion, but things like tribals just look fucking lame.

So hit me up with some ideas.

Or alternatively, just post pictures of your own tattoos. Because the thread will probably quickly degenerate/evolve into that anyway.

get a butt-shaped tattoo and get it right on your butt

RickyCrack
04-05-2009, 10:28 PM
giant bulbasaur chestpiece.

Endymion
04-05-2009, 10:39 PM
get a penis tattooed on your vagina.

<3 u apathy

Al Coholic
04-06-2009, 09:10 AM
I've actually had an idea for a tat for some time. It's pretty awesome to me, lots of cool little designs that each individually have meaning and flow together in an artistic way which makes them even better.

Thing is, while this is the best idea I've got and its great, something I"d even be proud of...I don't think I'll end up going through with it. There's no reason why I can't make this idea into a painting or something, and I don't know - I can't know - whether I'll regret having this thing in 5, 10, 20 years.

There's also the fact that tattoos have gotten really trendy. Pop culture tells you that they're hawt and the permanence of it makes you a little badass for having one. Which is pretty lame, but you see a lot of people wanting a tattoo for the sake of a tattoo. Frankly, I don't see what makes you go from really liking a design to wanting to wear it at all times everywhere forever untill you dieeeeeeeeeee.

Little_Miss_1565
04-06-2009, 09:18 AM
Wait a year on the design once you have it figured out. If you still want it as much as you did after a year, chances are excellent that you won't regret it in 5, 10, 20 years.

ninthz
04-06-2009, 09:30 AM
Tattoos are always cool. (http://www.comedycentral.com/videos/index.jhtml?videoId=221560&title=coolness-the-dragon-man)

renato piquette
04-06-2009, 10:57 AM
im getting a tattoo that says "tattoos suck"

Flux
04-06-2009, 03:01 PM
im getting a tattoo that says "tattoos suck"

I was going to suggest you get it on your forehead, but I dont want you ruining that gorgeous face of yours. Get it on your butt. :p

WebDudette
04-06-2009, 03:06 PM
I'm going to kill you, Ray Romano. (http://www.zentastic.com/iamimport/2005/04/not-ieverybodyi-loves-raymond-1.jpg)

Flux
04-06-2009, 03:09 PM
I'm going to kill you, Ray Romano. (http://www.zentastic.com/iamimport/2005/04/not-ieverybodyi-loves-raymond-1.jpg)

That is just beyond stupid.

renato piquette
04-06-2009, 09:25 PM
I was going to suggest you get it on your forehead, but I dont want you ruining that gorgeous face of yours. Get it on your butt. :p

oh,and what do you think about my idea of getting a butt-shaped tatto on my butt instead?