PDA

View Full Version : Are You a Jealous Person?

KyleW
04-05-2009, 06:46 AM
As the title says, would you consider yourself a jealous/envious person?

I'd say that I'm not jealous at all when it comes to material possessions, it doesnt bother me at all if someone is richer/has something I want. And I wouldnt say I get envious of anyone who is academically smarter/better than me at something.

I can, however, be a complete bitch when it comes to relationships. I always think the worst of a situation which leads me to becoming jealous and envious. I always tend to bottle up my jealously though, I would never tell someone I'm jealous.

Nina
04-05-2009, 06:54 AM
Especially in relationships I am not jealous at all. Obviously I wouldnt want my significant other to cheat on me (1. love 2. a kiss, sex, and everything in between), but harmless flirting doesnt bother me and I usually dont worry at all.

I tend to be envious of people who have better possibilities in their lives than I do. But lately I've come to realize that I can exploit my own possibilities quite well with enough planning and patience.

MindlessSelfIndulgent
04-05-2009, 07:10 AM
When it comes to relationships I am sooooo so jealous. I don't even like if my boyfriend has friends who are girls. I'll always ask, 'whoooo's that text message from, and what does it say?'. It sucks that I feel like that, but I just do. It would be nice if I didn't though. I'd like to not be bothered with silly things like that. It scares the men awaaaay.

mrconeman
04-05-2009, 07:16 AM
I'm not jealous in the slightest. I'm perfectly happy with who I am, and about 90% happy with the cards life has dealt me.

I'm not jealous in my relationship at all either, I'm a trusting person, and she's very trustworthy.

Rag Doll
04-05-2009, 08:11 AM
I'm not jealous of material things, really. I have a lot of my own cool stuff, so whatevs.

But god, I am so fucking jealous in relationships, it's awful. I trust him (he's never given me a reason not to)....it's everyone ELSE I don't trust. I know he wouldn't cheat on me ever, but I don't want anyone to even try anything with him, so I suppose I try to uhhh...head that off before it can occur. And for whatever reason, tons of people are extremely attracted to him. His boss, coworkers, people who come into his job, classmates, etc. grrrrrrrr(uffies).

nieh
04-05-2009, 09:02 AM
But god, I am so fucking jealous in relationships, it's awful. I trust him (he's never given me a reason not to)....it's everyone ELSE I don't trust.

He and I are going to run away together.

Rag Doll
04-05-2009, 09:21 AM
He and I are going to run away together.

That wouldn't surprise me. =(

mrconeman
04-05-2009, 09:35 AM
But god, I am so fucking jealous in relationships, it's awful. I trust him (he's never given me a reason not to)....it's everyone ELSE I don't trust.

This logic has always dumbfounded me. If you don't trust everyone else, you kind of don't trust him. If you trust him enough to not cheat, trusting other people shouldn't really be an issue/worry.

Rag Doll
04-05-2009, 09:53 AM
This logic has always dumbfounded me. If you don't trust everyone else, you kind of don't trust him. If you trust him enough to not cheat, trusting other people shouldn't really be an issue/worry.

It's this feeling of, "he's not interested, he's mine, go away and stop flirting with him" feeling. Perhaps jealousy mixed with a hint of possessiveness. The people he works with go way too far (I've complained about it here before) which doesn't help, and for some reason a decent sized portion of my university seems to only be in school to get their "MRS." so they don't really get the hint if someone isn't interested...

It's like...

I know he wouldn't do anything. But I don't want other girls being all touchy feely flirty with my boyfriend. Makes me jealous because I feel only I should be all touchy feely flirty with him.

mrconeman
04-05-2009, 10:02 AM
Yeah, I get ya, that's totally understandable. I remember those threads with you telling about the situation before now.

It's just that phrase "I trust him/her, it's EVERYONE ELSE I don't trust!" never really sat well with me.

But I know what you mean.

Alison
04-05-2009, 10:03 AM
I feel the same as Ragdoll.
And it's really just one girl who drives me insane. Problem is she's my best friend. And I completely trust my boyfriend, and i know he would never cheat. But after hearing my friend (who hereslf has a bf) tell him that she loves him so much and he's the ohmygawd coolest guy ever. It gets annoying. She's like this with every guy, but it still annoys me to the extreme. I know it's irrational jealousy, and i wish i could stop feeling it, but cant :( I have never said anything, as I'm a really quiet person who keeps all my feelings to myself basically.

As with material things, nah, i dont ever get jealous.

SweetTatyana
04-05-2009, 10:08 AM
I know he wouldn't do anything. But I don't want other girls being all touchy feely flirty with my boyfriend. Makes me jealous because I feel only I should be all touchy feely flirty with him.

Not to mention thats extremely disrespectful to you, I can see why it would annoy you to be completely disregarded in these girls' mind when you clearly have his heart.

I don't know if I am jealous or not. With material things not really because i'm happy with the stuff I have and can't imagine anything big I'd want. And with guys I dont think I've ever liked someone THAT much to get upset, the last guy I dated over a year had a best friend and I knew something was there but it didnt bother me but I didnt see it as long term and I knew he would chea on me, so I dont know. They are together now and like practicully engaged haha

ad8
04-05-2009, 11:15 AM
I'm sometimes jealous when it comes to relationships, but that depends on the person. I'm always jealous/angry at people who got more than me using foul play.

tazmaniaqu
04-05-2009, 08:23 PM
i'm not a jealous person who look other is more than me, but in a relationships i'm soooo jealous, yeah i think that so natural...:)

OlderThanYou
04-06-2009, 12:00 AM
The only time I was ever jealous in a relationship was because that person let me know in no uncertain terms that I was far down the list of his priorities.

I was a fucking idiot who decided to stay and try to climb the ladder.

As far as trust... I don't trust anyone. Ever. Everytime I have, I just got fucked over bigger than shit. So, after this last time, I finally learned my lesson. :D

Now, if we're talking jealousy over material possessions... I have to admit, it would be really nice to go buy groceries for once and not have to monitor every cent-worth of items that go in the cart. :rolleyes:

hangovered
04-06-2009, 12:17 AM
I'm not jealous of material things, but sometimes I am of marks on the exams. It's when I know that someone didn't spend as much time learning as I did, but yet he gets better mark. Sometimes I'm the one who gets those better marks, but nevermind ;)

In relationships? In some song I know are lyrics:"trust is like a black pig-it exist in the day, it doesn't in the night". I'm jealous only when I see chick is trying to flirt with my boyfriend. I'm not jealous of his friends, I think we can sense which one are just friends and which one aren't.

wheelchairman
04-06-2009, 05:16 AM
I'm not really a jealous person. But that doesn't mean I don't want more. Naturally there is a difference between ambition and jealousy.

Flux
04-06-2009, 04:05 PM
Iím extremely jealous in relationships, but I always let them know. My gf says Iím needy. Sheís right. I am.

Material things donít bother me. I donít necessarily want the latest gadgets or fads. I donít care much for possessions.

Camilamazed
04-07-2009, 07:18 AM
I am jealous in a weird way. I don't care about material stuff and I am not jealous in a relationship. On the other hand, I can get jealous of certain friends. I think it has to do with attention. Should for some reason I get none, I'll end up complaining. I happened to argue with my best friends about it once. After that I cool it down.

It's fucked up, I know.

T-6005
04-07-2009, 07:33 AM
I fluctuate. I trust my girlfriend implicitly nearly all of the time, but around two or three guys that I have met I just get weird and angry.

Not because I don't trust her, but because I know they want - or have wanted her - and because perhaps somewhere I am slightly insecure.

Aside from those rare moments (and believe me, they are extremely rare) I'm the coolest cat around.

I can't even imagine being jealous of someone else's possessions. That's not to say I won't want something that someone else has, but I won't be jealous of them for having it.

SweetTatyana
04-07-2009, 10:27 AM
Actually, I was thinking.. if I was ever put into a situation like "Rock of Love" but with a desirable man likeeee umm, I dont know, Dexter :D I think it would most definitely bring out a jealous side...

ninthz
04-07-2009, 11:57 AM
I'm jealous of everyone who has met Nina.

WebDudette
04-07-2009, 04:12 PM
I am jealous when it comes to people. Though I am not jealous of material wealth.

iPunk247
04-09-2009, 12:47 AM
Jealousy & Envy is such an ugly thing. I am not both of those sinful things. I am not a hater of such kind nor use 'em to manipulate humans.

Tizzalicious
04-09-2009, 12:34 PM
Oh I'm definitely jealous. Not when it comes to material things, but when it comes to other people I am. Not just in love (though I have a horrible ex complex), but also when it comes to friends and family. I get jealous when someone I was very close to is suddenly closer to someone else.

I don't act jealous though, or at least I hope I don't.

P.S. WheelchairmanisMYman.

Cbonham5
04-09-2009, 12:39 PM
I'm jealous when people feel the need to shove what they have in your face, i don't like to talk about the stuff i have just because i know it makes you look like a dick

Cock Joke
04-09-2009, 06:10 PM
I'm jealous of dis guy he's so hawt.

http://www.shitisfuckedup.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=238&pictureid=3147

Flux
04-09-2009, 06:21 PM
:confused: Why are you jealous of yourself, Z? Cummon! You know you're hott. You don’t need to be posting last nights mug-shot around.

Paint_It_Black
04-10-2009, 07:44 AM
I don't think I'm a particularly jealous person when it comes to relationships. I tend to trust someone a lot until given a reason not to. I probably feel an average amount of envy towards people who have things I want, but I don't generally feel negatively towards them, meaning I don't hate them for having more than me or simply being better than me. Of course, if I think they really don't deserve what they have then it may be a little different.

I probably feel the most jealousy in terms of being left out, like when your friends plan a cool event but for some reason you can't go. Shit like that. Or not being able to spend time with old friends/relatives because of distance. Then when I hear about them hanging out with other people I feel that twang of jealousy spring up. But again it's a being left out thing more than a possessive thing.