PDA

View Full Version : Starland Ballroom, NJ

Rag Doll
04-06-2009, 01:13 PM
Just wanted to give everyone an FYI since the website doesn't mention this and I haven't seen an email about it.

According to Starland Ballroom, the pre-sale starts this Wednesday at 4:00pm. There is another pre-sale starting Thursday at 6:00pm (that is some radio pre-sale, the Wednesday one should be for this site). The tickets go on sale to the general public Friday at noon. Hope everyone planning to go gets this message!

KHWHD
04-06-2009, 01:41 PM
Our pre-sale tickets also go on sale Wed. at 4pm. For some reason the concert isn't listed on TM yet. Hopefully it will be by tomorrow. It is listed on LiveNation though. Weird.

bighead384
04-06-2009, 02:01 PM
Sweet, thanks for the heads up.

jgurbisz
04-06-2009, 04:51 PM
Is there a pre-sale code?

Rag Doll
04-06-2009, 07:02 PM
Sweet, thanks for the heads up.

yup, no prob.

Is there a pre-sale code?

for all of the other pre-sales, "hammerhead" has worked. it should for this one as well.

jgurbisz
04-07-2009, 05:30 AM
[QUOTE=Rag Doll;

for all of the other pre-sales, "hammerhead" has worked. it should for this one as well.[/QUOTE]

Okay, thanks alot!

Camilamazed
04-07-2009, 06:03 AM
Oh Gosh, thanks Sam!

=D

Nero182
04-07-2009, 12:55 PM
Anyone have an Idea on the Support Act for this show and the New York one :confused:

Camilamazed
04-08-2009, 01:21 PM
Just got my ticket. The pre-sale code worked. I used Hammerhead.

=D

Mark Rooster
04-08-2009, 03:04 PM
I just got mine too. I was at the Starland a few years ago to see the Misfits and I remember it being a pretty cool place, one of those clubs where every spot provides a good view of the stage.

Rag Doll
04-08-2009, 03:19 PM
Starland is awesome. I've been to a few shows there (Cake and Minus the Bear recently). Great fews, some bar areas, etc. It's SUPER small, which should be really cool.

I'll be there with my mens, followed by the NYC show the next night!

Camilamazed
04-08-2009, 03:49 PM
Starland is awesome. I've been to a few shows there (Cake and Minus the Bear recently). Great fews, some bar areas, etc. It's SUPER small, which should be really cool.

I'll be there with my mens, followed by the NYC show the next night!

I'm very excited about these shows up there because they're not going to be festivals.

Sam, do you have any ideia of when we can buy the tickets for the NYC show?

Rag Doll
04-08-2009, 04:25 PM
Pre sale for NYC is today as well. It was the same as Starland. I didn't know that until I got the email last night, otherwise I would have posted it.

TheOldMark
04-08-2009, 04:46 PM
What the fuck is up with these ticket prices?? Ive never paid more than $35 for an offspring show. The economy is in the shitter, and the Offspring don't have nearly the kind of following bands like U2, 311, Phish, have that could get away with those prices. 4 tickets = $208. Warped Tour charges that kind of price, with 50 bands. WTF. These shows WILL NOT sell out.

Rag Doll
04-08-2009, 05:02 PM
I'm pretty sure the tickets I bought for the conspiracy tour at roseland were roughly the same price as these, even after the convenience charges. 4 tickets for that show also cost over $200.

Camilamazed
04-08-2009, 05:06 PM
What? You think 39 is expensive for an Offspring show? That's weird.

What I hate is that the convenience charges are almost half of the ticket price. I am very satisfied with the prices. Chilli Cook-out in DC was 35. Only the festival in Camden was expensive. 75 (pit).

Mark Rooster
04-08-2009, 05:23 PM
I was surprised it costs more to see the Offspring now than it did ten years ago. I know bands that were huge in the 70s and 80s, but don't sell new records now, have way high ticket prices because their fans are now older and, presumably, have more funny to burn. Maybe that's the case with the Offspring?

bighead384
04-11-2009, 03:28 PM
I got an email which said that there would be a very special guest announced within the next few weeks for this show. I wonder who it will be?

jgurbisz
04-13-2009, 06:13 AM
I got an email which said that there would be a very special guest announced within the next few weeks for this show. I wonder who it will be?

Sum 41...?

CreaturesInside
04-13-2009, 06:52 PM
Since the Offspring decided to flip the bird to philly and play a big festival show at a big venue, I'm treking it up to the boonies for this show. I can't wait.

I saw AFI at Starland a few years ago and it was a sick show. Super tiny venue which sort of makes the ticket prices a little easier to bear, but $40 tickets for a small venue show are still pricey.

Sum 41 opening the show should be interesting.

Anyone else coming up from Philly for this one?

*edit*
It doesn't look like Sum 41 is opening for this show, but a "very special guest" and this Frank Turner dude (who I checked out on teh myspace and it's pretty awesome)

bighead384
04-13-2009, 08:48 PM
I would fucking die if the special guest was somebody that I really wanna see.

RyanSabotage
04-13-2009, 09:58 PM
would be sick if bouncing souls showed up to the jersey show

edit: who the eff is frank turner?!
the hell kinda guest is that?

jacknife737
04-13-2009, 10:14 PM
edit: who the eff is frank turner?!
the hell kinda guest is that?

He's a really awesome folk singer, who was even cool enough to post in the forums a couple of times. Keep an open mind, you may actually like his music.

RyanSabotage
04-13-2009, 10:15 PM
yeah, but at a offspring show?
c'mon..

unless hes doin million dead songs

Rag Doll
04-14-2009, 05:17 AM
The Offspring invited him on this tour, so they clearly enjoy him and think he's a good fit...

CreaturesInside
04-16-2009, 08:28 AM
www.myspace.com/frankturner

Check it out. It's pretty awesome. I'm looking forward to it.
I especially like the song "Worse Things Happen at Sea"

I'm pretty sure there's going to be another band opening as the starland website lists "very special guest AND frank turner". Theoretically, "very special guest" means someone people know. BON JOVI?!!! lol

RyanSabotage
04-28-2009, 10:46 PM
its gotta be bouncing souls
i hope

bighead384
04-28-2009, 11:20 PM
its gotta be bouncing souls
i hope

That would be cool. I see you opted for this show as well instead of the one in Philly. Definitely a good call. I don't like any of the other bands they're playing with at that wmmr festival, I think the fans of those other bands will ruin the atmosphere, and wmmr will probably have a say in their set list and/or how long it is. Fuck that.

The Offspring must not realize how many times they've given Philly the short end of the stick. I honestly wonder if that's hurt their fanbase in this area.

RyanSabotage
04-28-2009, 11:26 PM
That would be cool. I see you opted for this show as well instead of the one in Philly. Definitely a good call. I don't like any of the other bands they're playing with at that wmmr festival, I think the fans of those other bands will ruin the atmosphere, and wmmr will probably have a say in their set list and/or how long it is. Fuck that.

The Offspring must not realize how many times they've given Philly the short end of the stick. I honestly wonder if that's hurt their fanbase in this area.

yeah im too broke to go to some festive to see only one band

i know! offspring has to do more philly shows, atleast at the Croc Rock in allentown once.. maybe one day

edit: i totally forgot about the Troc and the Electric Factory.. wow, haha

bighead384
04-28-2009, 11:34 PM
yeah im too broke to go to some festive to see only one band

i know! offspring has to do more philly shows, atleast at the Croc Rock in allentown once.. maybe one day

edit: i totally forgot about the Troc and the Electric Factory.. wow, haha

Yeah, it's probably not the guys in the band's fault at all. Their booking agent should have picked up on it. They skipped the Philly Warped Tour in 2005. I think they might have skipped it for the Splinter tour too, but I could be wrong about that. Instead of making up for it, we get the shittiest festival ever. Damnit.

RyanSabotage
04-28-2009, 11:47 PM
Yeah, it's probably not the guys in the band's fault at all. Their booking agent should have picked up on it. They skipped the Philly Warped Tour in 2005. I think they might have skipped it for the Splinter tour too, but I could be wrong about that. Instead of making up for it, we get the shittiest festival ever. Damnit.
hahaha soo true

i rememebr beeing bumed out at warped in 05 when offspring wasnt there
all good though, atleast they got this jersey show coming up
all that matters to me

bighead384
04-29-2009, 12:05 AM
Actually I checked and they didn't skip Philly for the Splinter tour, they played the Electric Factory in May 04. But it was like 3 days before I got my license, so I probably figured at the time that I'd just wait for another chance when I can drive. I didn't release at the time that I'd have to wait over 5 years to finally get another chance.

Oxygene
04-29-2009, 01:08 AM
Pre sale for NYC is today as well. It was the same as Starland. I didn't know that until I got the email last night, otherwise I would have posted it.

Haha you were at that show too?!
We had a bbs meetup before we even had this bbs
You were there
Mark was there
Mike_911 was there
I was there

who else was there? :) Sarah?

Rag Doll
04-29-2009, 04:20 AM
Which show? I went to the Tweeter Center in Camden/Philly in December 00, Roseland in NYC in December 00 (first night only), and Hammerstein in NYC in June 04.

I know nieh was also at the Camden/Philly show.

Mike_911
04-29-2009, 08:25 AM
Which show? I went to the Tweeter Center in Camden/Philly in December 00, Roseland in NYC in December 00 (first night only), and Hammerstein in NYC in June 04.

Me and Oxy were also at the Camdem/both NYC shows in 2000.

Oxygene
04-29-2009, 08:38 AM
Me and Oxy were also at the Camdem/both NYC shows in 2000.

what he said... that's pretty awesome.

hehe Mark was there .. he was still known as Markus back in the day and he was fat I was thin.. now I'm fat he's thin he's Mark and everythings changed :)

Little_Miss_1565
04-29-2009, 08:41 AM
Haha you were at that show too?!
We had a bbs meetup before we even had this bbs
You were there
Mark was there
Mike_911 was there
I was there

who else was there? :) Sarah?

Last show I got to see was Chicago, Dec. 1998.

Oxygene
04-29-2009, 08:48 AM
Last show I got to see was Chicago, Dec. 1998.

You haven't been to an offspring show in over 10 years?

RonWelty
04-29-2009, 08:59 AM
You didn't know? Everybody knows that. It'll be a BIG orgasm seeing the band live again :).

Little_Miss_1565
04-29-2009, 09:10 AM

No :( Waaaah what do the Offspring have against anywhere I've lived since then WAI?!

You didn't know? Everybody knows that. It'll be a BIG orgasm seeing the band live again :).

Uh, that is not the term I would use to describe what it will be like, but yes, it will be awesome to see them again. I was right up front for the last show, but I prefer not getting killed so chances are good I will not be up front at the Roseland.

Oxygene
04-29-2009, 09:58 AM
No :( Waaaah what do the Offspring have against anywhere I've lived since then WAI?!

Bummer .. well I hope u enjoy yourself enough to want to come to the Sziget :)

B-Rad
05-09-2009, 01:48 AM
Im goin to this one, cant wait

It'll actually be my first offspring concert

CreaturesInside
05-12-2009, 08:22 AM

I was at the Tweeter show in 00. It was called the E center back then. That was my first show ever. Saw them there again in 03 at some silly festival, but I had pit so it was awesome. Saw them at the Factory in Philly and Hammerstein in 04.

I can't wait for this show. The venue is so small. Any news on other opening bands? The starland site listed "very special guest tba" but that's not up there anymore :confused: Is Frank Turner the only opener now?

RyanSabotage
05-13-2009, 10:13 AM
i hope someone else will be playing
like another band, preff. bouncing souls

B-Rad
05-14-2009, 05:34 PM
Heh, alkaline trio anybody?

Thatd be schweet IMO

Americana98
05-16-2009, 11:21 PM
They just added Sum 41. 0.o

RyanSabotage