PDA

View Full Version : How do you get the scent of soap to last on your body?

Tyler Durden
04-06-2009, 05:09 PM
I know that just taking a shower normally, the soap (in this case Irish Spring body wash stuff is all I have), the scent usually just goes away like in an hour but how do I keep it strong and stuff?

Endymion
04-06-2009, 06:16 PM
don't rinse it off.

Tyler Durden
04-06-2009, 06:32 PM
But isn't that what you're supposed to do? Or, you mean just dry it off with a towel? Yeah.

Jules69
04-06-2009, 06:47 PM
I use Dial gold and it lasts longer in scent!! Always rinse it off!! Try this, find a scented lotion or perfume that you like lots and go with that after showers!!!:D

Endymion
04-06-2009, 06:47 PM
i mean if you wash properly you're not going to smell like soap all day.

Al Coholic
04-06-2009, 06:49 PM
Not possible. There's a type of old spice body wash that says 8 hours right on it. But that's only if you sit in an air conditioned room and don't move.

Buy a cologne that compliments your soap.

SweetTatyana
04-06-2009, 06:51 PM
Yeah I have very scented soap but it will only last an hour or two most. You need to buy either lotion or cologne if you want a scent to last long.

Outerspaceman21
04-06-2009, 07:08 PM
Can't. if you want longlasting scent, go with cologne.

Little_Miss_1565
04-06-2009, 07:10 PM
You could probs make your own cologne out of this fragrance oil: http://countrysidegranny.ecrater.com/product.php?pid=3258432

Llamas
04-06-2009, 07:41 PM
Fancier body washes tend to be a lot more fragrant than standard bar soap... but still, bar soap scent lasts maybe an hour at the most, and super fragrant nice body washes last a few hours tops. Like everyone else said, cologne is the way to go.

I like getting Victoria's Secret lotions, body washes, and sprays cause they have every fragrance in all three mediums.

wheelchairman
04-06-2009, 07:58 PM
Kid, is there anything you do know?

I must say, your username really doesn't fit you.

Tyler Durden doesn't want to take pimple pills.

Tyler Durden wants to smell like soap.

Tyler Durden can't figure out how to use bittorrents.

Fight club becomes awkward teenage boy club?

WebDudette
04-06-2009, 08:34 PM
How much does a decent, moderate cologne cost? I need to get some.

Endymion
04-06-2009, 08:39 PM
it costs you a copy of maxim.

IamSam
04-06-2009, 09:43 PM
The solution is simple. Rub yourself down with the bar of soap every time you think you smell. So probably every three to five minutes.

RickyCrack
04-07-2009, 01:10 AM
in high school i used this stuff called polo or something, it only costs $50 a bottle. shit was so pimp, USE THE SHIT IN MODERATION. Also for my bday my mom got me this shit called reaction or whatever, shits way more pimp.

Offspring-Junkie
04-07-2009, 01:58 AM
Real men stink properly, nobody told you? :D

SweetTatyana
04-07-2009, 09:14 AM
I like getting Victoria's Secret lotions, body washes, and sprays cause they have every fragrance in all three mediums.

They are lovely eh? what sent do you use? I love Candy Baby or Romantic wish

Al Coholic
04-07-2009, 07:01 PM
The good thing is, there's no such thing as too much cologne. Its like a natural thing or something where you can't go overboard, you just end up smelling better the more you put on. I honestly can't believe your dad never tought you this, but most guys carry a bottle of cologne and spray head to toe(front AND back, very important) every time we use the bathroom or eat something.

Llamas
04-07-2009, 07:03 PM
The good thing is, there's no such thing as too much cologne. Its like a natural thing or something where you can't go overboard, you just end up smelling better the more you put on. I honestly can't believe your dad never tought you this, but most guys carry a bottle of cologne and spray head to toe(front AND back, very important) every time we use the bathroom or eat something.

Oh god, you're one of those guys. There is so totally such thing as too much cologne... omg.

Camilamazed
04-07-2009, 07:06 PM
Well, the main purpose of the soap is to clean your body. If you want scent, you should go with the colognes like everyone else said.

ninthz
04-07-2009, 10:03 PM
Kid, is there anything you do know?

I must say, your username really doesn't fit you.

Tyler Durden doesn't want to take pimple pills.

Tyler Durden wants to smell like soap.

Tyler Durden can't figure out how to use bittorrents.

Fight club becomes awkward teenage boy club?
This. I was just going to point this out.

Apathy
04-07-2009, 11:17 PM
This is the funniest one. (http://www.offspring.com/forums/showthread.php?t=34720)

Free?
04-08-2009, 02:15 AM
http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y8/lllRAKlll/Blog/Coluna%20de%20Post/TylerDurdenFightClubDavidFincher.jpg?t=1239182067

medi01
04-08-2009, 04:26 AM
I know that just taking a shower normally, the soap (in this case Irish Spring body wash stuff is all I have), the scent usually just goes away like in an hour but how do I keep it strong and stuff?

i think i've worked out the problem........you STINK

RoxyRay
04-08-2009, 05:12 AM
Well, I'm a smoker. So I just smell like a nasty ashtray!:eek: But, please don't be turned off....lol. I'm sooooo trying to quit! I could save a ton of $$$. :)

Roxy,
http://Jesterhouseofdesigns.com
http://Myspace.com/Jesterhouseofdesigns

Al Coholic
04-08-2009, 05:55 AM
Oh god, you're one of those guys. There is so totally such thing as too much cologne... omg.

Don't listen to her, Tyler. She's pretty much a lesbian, so a man-hater like her is going to hate whatever you smell like(unless ofcourse, you smell like a woman).

Just keep appyling throughout the day and you will score like like a cheating bingo player. TRUST ME. I personally don't even bother spraying the stuff, just unscrew the cap and drip it on, its a lot more effective.

All the bro's here can back me up on this. Isn't that right, bro's?

Fractal
04-08-2009, 06:16 AM
How much does your pile of soap scent wiegh?

Anymuch (that's a new word), this thread is way too pink for a guy.

wheelchairman
04-08-2009, 06:53 AM
I go through a bottle of cologne every two days. And look where I am now! I make fun of stinky jerks like you!

WebDudette
04-08-2009, 03:47 PM
I'm assuming Al was being facetious, if not you couldn't be more wrong. I cannot stand an overuse of perfumes and colognes, it gives me an instant headache.

Al Coholic
04-08-2009, 04:20 PM
I'm assuming Al was being facetious, if not you couldn't be more wrong. I cannot stand an overuse of perfumes and colognes, it gives me an instant headache.

facetious? Is that like, on your word of the day calender or something?

This is why WCM is a bro and you're not. Real men need that much cologne, otherwise our natural man scents overpower it. And women find it irresitable.

Llamas
04-08-2009, 04:20 PM

lol yeah I caught his sarcasm when he started saying I hate men and that he unscrews the cap and pours it on. :P That's so hot.

WebDudette
04-08-2009, 04:22 PM
Aha, I didn't even notice a page 3. Oops.

facetious? Is that like, on your word of the day calender or something?

And women find it irresitable.

Of course, how else would I know such a large and intimidating word? I take it irresistible isn't on your calendar?

Anyway, I actually have a cologne that isn't a spray bottle, you have to dab it on.

wheelchairman
04-08-2009, 04:33 PM
And yet you still stink Cody. did you ever win one game of monopoly? It's cause you don't have your smell on.

Stinky.

WebDudette
04-08-2009, 04:39 PM
I did actually, the one time I played I beat you...

wheelchairman
04-08-2009, 04:41 PM
SystemSloth, we played many many times. Otherwise I never would've remembered your monopoly name.

Why do you lie?

Now how many times you actually won, I don't know. I'm just going to assume once.

WebDudette
04-08-2009, 04:44 PM
Really? I remember a single game. You and I played with someone else. Lodat was in the game for a couple minutes and then left. Though I have horrible memory, it is possible that I remember it because it was my first game/a win.

I use that name for pretty much everything.

wheelchairman
04-08-2009, 04:54 PM
There was definitely several games. Otherwise I wouldn't have remembered you. By several I mean at least 3. So 3 or more.

Flux
04-09-2009, 12:50 PM
I hate the smell of soap. Reminds me of old people.

Free?
04-09-2009, 02:56 PM
Well, Tyler Durden wants to seem more mature, it's not a secret, but using soap scent is a pretty surprising method.

Flux
04-09-2009, 03:21 PM
ORLY? Maybe Tyler D should make his own with lard, fat and his favourite fragrance oil. Yeah! Rub that shit all over you and see how you smell then! Or Tyler D could try walking around with a Little Trees air freshener. I heard they’re quite fragrant and last for weeks.

Al Coholic
04-09-2009, 06:54 PM
ORLY? Maybe Tyler D should make his own with lard, fat and his favourite fragrance oil. Yeah! Rub that shit all over you and see how you smell then! Or Tyler D could try walking around with a Little Trees air freshener. I heard they’re quite fragrant and last for weeks.

Ironically, the real Tyler Durden made a living off soap.

T-6005
04-09-2009, 06:56 PM
Ironically, the real Tyler Durden made a living off soap.

Even more ironically for someone who made a living off of anything, Tyler Durden didn't really exist.

Al Coholic
04-09-2009, 07:00 PM
Thats not ironic.

Flux
04-09-2009, 07:02 PM
How ironic!

I still hate soap.