PDA

View Full Version : I need help!

OffbeatTeenageManiac
04-07-2009, 09:00 AM
:eek:
Recently at school, we had a school dance. I requested the Offspring multiple times, and none was played. Finally, i was fed up and threated to unplug the DJ's equipment........:p

Today, i was yelled at by a teacher for doing that :mad:. she threatened to report me and stuff. she was being unjust :mad:. please reply with your feelings on the situation.

SweetTatyana
04-07-2009, 09:07 AM
Yeah I understand it sucks sometimes at highschool dances because they play like top 40, R&B, Dance etc., but they have to play what the majority wants right? My school was like that, we had to beg to play anything rock/punkish and they would play like one blink song and a green day hit the whole night.

OffbeatTeenageManiac
04-07-2009, 09:13 AM
thats true. but she was yelling at me and it happened like 2 months ago. she should give it up.

mrs_hollandova
04-07-2009, 09:15 AM
Aaa, teachers are only people... they will never be so perfect as we students are, so forgive her :D

Little_Miss_1565
04-07-2009, 09:33 AM
I think your teacher is late on the point but totally right. It's kind of a dick move to harass a DJ because they won't play your song.

Endymion
04-07-2009, 09:38 AM
you should have broken his arm, then you could say the offspring were his new favorite band.

Gustavo
04-07-2009, 09:39 AM
I know it kind of sucks, but I believe that she was not wrong by being a bit harsh on you, this was a public event, right? On these places, there are many people who like different styles of music, the DJ will always play what the majority wants to hear, and let's be honest, The Offspring is not even close to what the majority wants to hear (Thank God!), you should get used to it, not everyone has to like your style.
I'm always pissed off by the fact that everywhere I go here there's music I don't like, but, unfortunately, I have to stand it, you should do the same.

T-6005
04-07-2009, 10:44 AM
Kid, I would have thrown you out of the dance myself.

ninthz
04-07-2009, 10:52 AM
Teen angst!

IamSam
04-07-2009, 11:16 AM
Tonight this 'hood will be a pyre
I'm gonna set your house on fire
I'll dance around the pretty flames
Such a wonderful game!

I want to make a tiki torch
I'm gonna throw it on your porch
Then I'm gonna run away
And come back another day
So many houses, so little time
So many reasons, I'm not a crime

Llamas
04-07-2009, 11:17 AM
Had I been that DJ, just cause of your stupid threat, I would've been like "Alright, we got a request for some Offspring" and then played Basketcase.

But the teacher was totally right.

Outerspaceman21
04-07-2009, 11:22 AM
I think your teacher is late on the point but totally right. It's kind of a dick move to harass a DJ because they won't play your song.

Agreed. That is kind of a dick move.

It's a dance. Just relax and have fun. So what if they don't play any Offspring. Big deal.

Cbonham5
04-07-2009, 11:58 AM
Had I been that DJ, just cause of your stupid threat, I would've been like "Alright, we got a request for some Offspring" and then played Basketcase.

But the teacher was totally right.

and the award for greatest DJ of all time goes to....

[[Meli.x]]
04-07-2009, 02:43 PM
I used to have to sit through 2 maybe 3 hours of lessons a day listening to drum and bass, or pop or anything the rest of the class wanted. at the end of the day, youve gotta think about everyone else... i knew that every time i had a CD in my bag in those lessons, that even though the teacher would have let me put it on, no one else would enjoy it. i will listen to more or less anything people put on, so it doesnt bother me when they put their stuff on. What you did was selfish. The teacher was right to have a go at you... because at the end of the day, youre like a little kid whos mum has told them that they cant have sweeties until after dinner, stamping your feet and having a tantrum rarely gets you anywhere. so just learn from this and im sure you will have more fun next time.

Thomas
04-07-2009, 02:58 PM
Recently at school, we had a school dance. I requested the Offspring multiple times, and none was played. Finally, i was fed up and threated to unplug the DJ's equipment........:p

Today, i was yelled at by a teacher for doing that :mad:. she threatened to report me and stuff. she was being unjust :mad:. please reply with your feelings on the situation.

lemme guess.. 7th, maybe 8th grade...?

Al Coholic
04-07-2009, 06:31 PM
Ninthz-

Don't you just love how his words weren't a proper emphasis of his angst, so he ends each sentence with the appropriate smiley to indicate the proper tone for each sentence?:mad::mad::p:mad:

renato piquette
04-07-2009, 07:00 PM

i don`t blame that dj,like....offspring music on a dance??!!

0r4ng3
04-07-2009, 07:42 PM
What I don't get is exactly what "help" we're supposed to provide here. Are we just supposed to agree or something? Moral support?

Lizardus
04-07-2009, 09:37 PM
What I don't get is exactly what "help" we're supposed to provide here. Are we just supposed to agree or something? Moral support?

I think he needs help finding a good shrink.

ninthz
04-07-2009, 10:00 PM
Don't you just love how his words weren't a proper emphasis of his angst, so he ends each sentence with the appropriate smiley to indicate the proper tone for each sentence?
:rolleyes::eek::mad::cool:

Apathy
04-07-2009, 10:56 PM
No self-respecting high school boy would ever request anything in the rockish genre at a dance, doesn't matter what kind of music they actually like. That way, there's more opportunities to be all provocative and stuff with the non-self-respecting high school girls.

You know how I do. ;):cool::eek::confused:

MoonTan™
04-08-2009, 01:24 AM
omg ur a wanker, dude fuck nobody wants to listen to offspring, it sucks i know but get over it, ive learn't to like what everyone else likes "except for hip hop) and im a much happier person ....

OffbeatTeenageManiac
04-08-2009, 08:51 AM

couldnt think of a good title...my bad

wheelchairman
04-08-2009, 08:55 AM

Kind of a dick move? Threatening to take the music away from a whole party just because you want to hear one song makes this a super-dick move.

Man kid, you must be so spoiled.

OffbeatTeenageManiac
04-08-2009, 09:02 AM
Kind of a dick move? Threatening to take the music away from a whole party just because you want to hear one song makes this a super-dick move.

Man kid, you must be so spoiled.

not really, im just kind of a brat.:cool:

KyleW
04-08-2009, 12:38 PM
I've requested some pretty awful shit at dances before but I wouldn't request anything like Offspring. I might push the boat out as far as Linkin Park, but not Offspring.

This reminds me of the time I was sat in a law lesson. We had this totally awesome teacher and one day she walked in with a CD player and was like "from now on, we can listen to CDs in class". Because it was such a random thing I was the only one who happened to have a CD on me. It was turned off during the bridge of Can't Repeat.

Llamas
04-08-2009, 12:45 PM
I requested Pretty Fly in 9th grade. That was 1999, so the song was super popular. They played it and everyone sang along.

But again, that was 1999. haha.

wheelchairman
04-08-2009, 03:34 PM
not really, im just kind of a brat.:cool:

No, you're a spoiled dick. Act more modest you prick.

Llamas, actually everyone our age loved the Offspring back in '99. So everyone still loves Pretty Fly or Why Don't You Get a Job? That would've pissed me off when I was 14, but now that I'm 22 I think it's awesome.

Llamas
04-08-2009, 04:18 PM
Llamas, actually everyone our age loved the Offspring back in '99. So everyone still loves Pretty Fly or Why Don't You Get a Job? That would've pissed me off when I was 14, but now that I'm 22 I think it's awesome.

You mean, you would've hated someone for requesting it when you were 14 cause everyone loved that song?

Actually, that Pretty Fly/Why Don't You Get a Job? era was the very beginning of my interest in the band... I wasn't really that into them yet, and did request it on the surfacey "Hey I dig these sweet jamz" level.

wheelchairman
04-08-2009, 04:34 PM
Yeah they were the songs that got me into this band as well. However 9 years ago if you said that on this board people would've thought you were a total poser.

The only cool albums were Smash and Ignition back then.

Llamas
04-08-2009, 04:48 PM
Yeah they were the songs that got me into this band as well. However 9 years ago if you said that on this board people would've thought you were a total poser.

The only cool albums were Smash and Ignition back then.

Oh I totally was a poser. I bought Americana cause the store was out of Dixie Chicks albums and I said, "Well, I guess I like that "Why Don't You Get a Job?" song..." No lie.

wheelchairman
04-08-2009, 04:53 PM
My second favorite band was KoRn. :(

Llamas
04-08-2009, 04:54 PM
Wow, that's actually *worse* than Dixie Chicks. I'm impressed!

wheelchairman
04-08-2009, 04:56 PM
My 3rd favorite was Limp Bizkit. I can't remember the 4th or 5th anymore though. :(

Llamas
04-08-2009, 04:59 PM
I was way into NSYNC. Posters of all kinds of boy bands (NSYNC, bsb, 98 degrees, 5ive...) adorned my room. JC Chasez was directly over my bed.

And I liked the Offspring.

Flux
04-09-2009, 12:47 PM
Kid, I would have thrown you out of the dance myself.

this!

Teen angst!

Yup! Gotta get some of this too.

I think he needs help finding a good shrink.

Finaly!! A solution we could all use.

i don`t blame that dj,like....offspring music on a dance??!!

Dude, I know!! All school dances should be a High School Musical. Sheesh!

MoonTan™
04-09-2009, 05:52 PM
I was the only one who happened to have a CD on me. It was turned off during the bridge of Can't Repeat.

Seriously? that sucks man, actually 2 years ago (yr7) in my language class we put on the greatest hits and everybody loved Self Esteem...

Good Times.