PDA

View Full Version : Does Anyone Have The NDM?

Crapmansback
10-25-2004, 04:40 PM
If you have the ndm (noodles model guitar) tell me what you can play on it and if it's good for METAL music like Iron Maiden solos and hard stuff.

mrconeman
10-25-2004, 04:42 PM
Yeah I was wondering the same thing, I'm saving for it but every once in a while I'll have my doubts y'know nearlyy 500 is alot to spend on a guitar, If i end up not liking it that would suck

Crapmansback
10-25-2004, 04:48 PM
I know i'm thinking of getting it for christmas but it's 489.99 at www.musicansfriend.com all guess will have to hear it from Noodles himself.

Jake
10-25-2004, 05:28 PM
i got it. its rocks, i can play alot of offsprng songs and other stuff. i bought for 405 USD from www.drumcityguitarland.com

mrconeman
10-25-2004, 05:29 PM
I'm sold, Thanks dude ;)

Jake
10-25-2004, 05:42 PM
They gave me a tshirt, hat , picks, strings, straps, stickers, tons of cool crap.
they are awsome!

offspringbaby2004
10-25-2004, 06:40 PM
You never told me you got all that stuff from it! lol Cool stuff :) I want that guitar sooo bad, still saving up my cash :D

~Mandy~

Jake
10-25-2004, 07:03 PM
i could of swore i told you! :p

offspringbaby2004
10-25-2004, 07:52 PM
Well I knew about the guitar picks.... but not the hat and t-shirt and such..Well now I know :D

~mandy~

Jake
10-25-2004, 08:02 PM
yea i gotta pick which one i wanted!

mrconeman
10-26-2004, 12:05 PM
What designs are on the t-shirt hat and picks?

Heat
10-26-2004, 12:51 PM
i have bought an ndm1 for 580... its a really good guitar and my brother always lend the guitar from me for his death metal band ;)

it has really good sound

Dexter1989
10-26-2004, 01:04 PM
its not a bad guitar, but u can get a better one with far less money

mrconeman
10-26-2004, 01:17 PM
I'll get it anyway, it being Noodles Sig and all

Left Face Down
10-26-2004, 02:25 PM
1. Go to ebay
2. in Search type "Guitar"
3. Click "electric" in the selection you get
4. Click "Ibanez" on the list of guitar companies to your left
5. in Seach type "Talman"
6. Look at the vast array of TALMANS that are like the one Noodles has
7. Find one you like
8. Buy it, will cost between $150-400 (pending the exact model)
9. Ducktape it
10. put a few clear coats on it

Way better product than the NDM.

Jebus
10-26-2004, 04:20 PM
I somehow new you were gona say that...
you're right though.

Jake
10-26-2004, 04:29 PM
sthe place has all guitar realted shirts, companys and promos and stuff
and you should stain it gray instead of clear. noodles sig is stained grey

Left Face Down
10-26-2004, 05:07 PM
sthe place has all guitar realted shirts, companys and promos and stuff
and you should stain it gray instead of clear. noodles sig is stained grey

Are we trying to achieve an NDM? No, we're doing it the way Noodles himself did it. I mean I hate how crappy of a job Ibanez did on Noodles and Daron Malankia's sig guitars.

The original Talman's are way better quality build than the NDM, they are actually Talman designe, and you can switch out the pickups with the money you save, actually get yourself a finished product and still have money left over, instead of getting the P.O.S. Ibanez did which I have heard the tape tends to come off of, because the poly isn't the best job ever, and the pickups on that model, stock, suck Tigerwang.

I almost feel sorry for Noodles when I see him playing his sig because unless Ibanez did a way better job on the one they gave him, they may have, it sucks though I'm sure they did switch out the pickups on his to the ones he uses, which are not stock on the guitar.

I mean I could sit here all day and tear up Ibanez, my favorite guitar company, over how crappy a job they did with Noodles guitar but it doesn't really matter. My two cents is go out and do it yourself, even if you dont' know what you're doing and you have instructions it'll probably come out better, and cheaper, than the NDM.

Jebus
10-26-2004, 05:24 PM
I just read that noodles uses a tone zone in all his guitars. Do what lfd said and change the pickups. I kind of find Noodle's Sig kind of ugly. I rather have a regular one without the stupid duckape.

Left Face Down
10-26-2004, 05:33 PM
Noodles uses Talmans that by the Ibanez numbers, should be, an Ibanez Talman TC#50

# indicates the differences, like a higher number, say a 550, would be built in Japan, while a 450 would be a Korean model, I know the 4## are Koreans because I have a TC420, duel humber.

Noodles selection is this..
Neck Humbucker - DiMarzio PAF Pro
Middle single - Stock Ibanez single (older version of S1)
Bridge Humber - DiMarzio Tone Zone

5 way switch, just get an old Talman, ducktape it, and then get a reflective pickguard. I thought of doing it myself, actually i still may one day, but right now I'm working on modding an old RG570.

Jebus
10-26-2004, 05:35 PM
did you get those pickups you wanted yet?

Left Face Down
10-26-2004, 05:36 PM
Yeah, I've had them for a while, maybe two months, I need to get two mini-toggle switches, I keep forgeting to order, adn I'm probably going to order knew knobs with them, because the ones that came on my guitar (used) were mis-matched. Past that I just need to instal everything, I have all the money for everything but I just haven't done it. I don't have time really because of school. Though Christmas I'm painting it.

Jebus
10-26-2004, 05:40 PM
you're gona drill two holes in you beautiful guitar :eek: Why not get push-pull pots?

Left Face Down
10-26-2004, 05:43 PM
I am, but that's for different things. It's going to be cool... lol... push pull pots for the tapping of the hums, and then two mini-toggles for the polarity of the hums.

I want to get an RG550 after that, or another Talman, to seriously just deck out. I'll have a pickguard which is way easier to work with, so I'll deck it out with like in total 5 mini-switches, 4 stacked pots, and so on.

Jebus
10-26-2004, 05:50 PM
Thats kind of an overkill for one guitar isnt it? I was thinking about adding push pull pots when I get my next guitar(rg1570) but I wouln't dare to there drill those hole. So how many sounds will you get in total after you install of that stuff.

Left Face Down
10-27-2004, 12:46 AM
Well, if I do the last project that will be overkill, but it will be there to know that I can do it and to be a one of a kind really. The RG570, which I will drill holes in, which I only have the guts to do because I know I'm repainting it later, it doesn't really matter that much to me. I mean, I want to do it, and I think it will come out cool and give me some different sounds. Though I may abandon still yet abandon the idea for the switches, and just put off until my over-kill guitar. Which I don't know if it'll be a Talman I do that to or a RG550, but we'll see.

*sigh* I am thinking about just just doing the polarity switches for my RG570 because I would have everything I need right now, and I can get to work on it. I want it finished SOOOOOO bad you don't know how tempting it is. I may just do that, and put off the overkill guitar for another day.

I've also thought about, yes copying Dexter, putting a DiMarzio Super3 in the neck of my RG1570, also because I don't like the sound of the neck pickup in it.

I guess I could combine, per-say, my over-kill guitar with my ducktape guitar. If I get a Talman atleast, that'd be cool. I mean I LOVE Noodles' sound, and his ducktape Talman (not the sig), but you know I odn't want to straight out copy it. I want something that if Noodles himself looked at it, he'd sit there and say something like, you know it's cool how you did this.