PDA

View Full Version : Friends from New York, please share some suggestions :)

SweetTatyana
04-08-2009, 07:17 PM
Hey guys, my friends and I are planning to go to New York in July (same time as the Offspring concert actually :) and we are trying to plan out a bunch of fun activities before we go. Now, I already know to go to Empire State building, Statue of Liberty, Times Square, etc., but I was hoping for some lesser known must sees or locations that only locals really know that are cool. Any suggestions on good nightclubs would also be nice.
Also, if anyone knows any great restaurants that would be helpful too. So far we are only for sure going to Tavern on the Green but we will need lots more so any hidden gems would be greatly appreciated!
Thank you!

Rag Doll
04-08-2009, 07:27 PM
Is there anything you are particularly interested in? And I mean this in an overall kind of way....like types of stores or museums or types of bars or whatever....

Can help to narrow down the suggestions you get a bit.

*edit*
also. where will you be staying? as in, what section of the city?

Endymion
04-08-2009, 07:32 PM
Ground z3r0

ninthz
04-08-2009, 07:38 PM
Ground z3r0
http://photos-g.ll.facebook.com/photos-ll-sf2p/v67/130/107/71803163/n71803163_30814278_4933.jpg

SweetTatyana
04-08-2009, 07:53 PM
We are pretty open to anything really, I know for sure we want to do museums but the only one I know of right now is the Met. We would love to see some nice art galleries as well, maybe the Zoo and any cool shopping areas// boat tours or party boats.
As for clubs I know we wanted to do one upscale dance like and pretend were in sex and the city lol jk but last time we made the mistake of going to the China Club and we were the only two white people in there (no joke) so we hope for that not to happen again!

The hotel we are staying at is the Affinia Dumont which is at 34th Street and Park Ave .

AP guy
04-17-2009, 11:21 PM
Stay away from the new Yankee stadium. I've heard nothing but bad things about that place.