PDA

View Full Version : I hate people that use the word dat

Al Coholic
04-10-2009, 05:48 AM
THat is a four letter word, and in the grand scheme of things, the t and h keys are so close together I doubt you really save any time. Plus is it makes you sound retarded. Toddlers may use the word dat untill they get a better grasp on pronouncing it. Other txt words are somewhat acceptable. But I especially hate when people slip in a few dats on purpose. For example, the sentence "Hey Al wat iz u doin tonite" " or rly dats cool." Notice the is is spelt with a z. I don't know if they're trying to sound cool or black or whatever, but its just retarded to switch up spellings like that to give the appearence to the reader as though you have some sort of accent or something. And to use it to save time, well dats just retarded.

Paint_It_Black
04-10-2009, 06:10 AM
I love a good rant as much as the next elitist asshole, but this one is a little obvious don't you think? Everyone with a brain is going to agree with you and everyone who actually types/speaks like that is going to think you're an elitist asshole. Which you probably are. But they won't mean it in the warm and fuzzy way I do.

JohnnyNemesis
04-10-2009, 06:24 AM
Stop being boring.

mrconeman
04-10-2009, 06:50 AM
ain't dat da troof

darea
04-10-2009, 06:51 AM
Is this specifically about ipunk's return and her use of "dat" a lot?

Flux
04-10-2009, 07:26 AM
THat is a four letter word, and in the grand scheme of things, the t and h keys are so close together I doubt you really save any time. Plus is it makes you sound retarded. Toddlers may use the word dat untill they get a better grasp on pronouncing it. Other txt words are somewhat acceptable. But I especially hate when people slip in a few dats on purpose. For example, the sentence "Hey Al wat iz u doin tonite" " or rly dats cool." Notice the is is spelt with a z. I don't know if they're trying to sound cool or black or whatever, but its just retarded to switch up spellings like that to give the appearence to the reader as though you have some sort of accent or something. And to use it to save time, well dats just retarded.

Wrd fo sho. Tru dat!

KyleW
04-10-2009, 07:44 AM
It would appear dat this is my 1000th post :D

Al Coholic
04-10-2009, 07:48 AM
Stop being boring.

You know dude, if you want to get down to it, you're not very interesting yourself. You have the most posts here and seem well respected, so I'm sure everyone will disagree with me, but since my joining in December your posts seem to lack much personality.

For example, as far as my perception of people, Ninthz is funny, makes fun of people. Hornypope is smart, insightful, and a little up his own ass. Duskygrin can and will find a way to romanticise being on her period, which is kind of amusing.

And you're.....? Honestly, you don't stand out much in any direction. And when one is not in the in of all your inside jokes, it makes you even less interesting.

And I realize there's no tone of voice on this internet, but if you could imagine mine, its more of a casual one accompanied with the occasional shrug. I'm not bitchy or anything, I'm just sayin...

Al Coholic
04-10-2009, 07:50 AM
well dats just retarded.

And here I thought if I did it first, it would take some wind out of the sails of a dumb joke we all saw coming miles away...

Cock Joke
04-10-2009, 07:57 AM
Yea, I was gonna make a post that had "dat" in it just to be ironic, but 5 or so other people did it 1st.

JohnnyNemesis
04-10-2009, 07:58 AM
*three paragraphs worth of analysis on my BBS persona*

Blah. It's been done about a million times before, and you still managed to make it even less interesting than before. Kudos.

protip: If I cared enough to take your analysis to heart, I would have actually made changes when people who are much more interesting than you (and people who I respect a lil bit) made this point back in 2007 or some shit.

I mean, we can't all blather on about weed, disliking 14 year old BBS members, and rants on popular culture that sound like they were ripped from some mid-90s issue of SPIN magazine as well as you do.

And I realize there's no tone of voice on this internet, but if you could imagine mine, its more of a casual one accompanied with the occasional shrug. I'm not bitchy or anything, I'm just sayin...

This glimpse into your insecurity was particularly cute. Awwwww *noogie noogie noogie*

Paint_It_Black
04-10-2009, 08:00 AM
For example, as far as my perception of people, Ninthz is funny, makes fun of people. Hornypope is smart, insightful, and a little up his own ass. Duskygrin can and will find a way to romanticise being on her period, which is kind of amusing.

Ooooh, do me! Do me!

SweetTatyana
04-10-2009, 09:03 AM
I joined in December too and since joining I noticed JN almost immediately. He exudes personality, and a cool, chill one at that.

ad8
04-10-2009, 09:07 AM
I think posting things on an online forum doesn't necessarily need to reveal your personality, does it?

Virtuoso
04-10-2009, 09:34 AM
I think posting things on an online forum doesn't necessarily need to reveal your personality, does it?

I think you are right. It's so easy to hide your personality on the Internet. Just look at me.

SweetTatyana
04-10-2009, 09:47 AM
Yeah well it depends too on the type of forum, how many times someone's posted, how they post etc., I think you can get a relatively good feel on some people.

JohnnyNemesis
04-10-2009, 09:49 AM
Thanks Tatyana.

But in happier and less contentious news, the .dat files tag wins so incredibly hard. Love <3

0r4ng3
04-10-2009, 09:50 AM
This reminds me of a couple of years ago, when I wrote a similar rant when I had a MySpace. It was a rant about spelling mistakes in general, or maybe text speak, I don't even really remember. Anyway, I did intentionally put in a typo to be ironic. I thought it was amusing.

It was later pointed out that this rant had, in fact, two typos. I lol'd.

Llamas
04-10-2009, 10:41 AM
I mean, we can't all blather on about weed, disliking 14 year old BBS members, and rants on popular culture that sound like they were ripped from some mid-90s issue of SPIN magazine as well as you do.
ohi2u I liek dis.

Ooooh, do me! Do me!
My thoughts exactly :P

But in happier and less contentious news, the .dat files tag wins so incredibly hard. Love <3
This is the truest thing in this thread.

I'm beyond amused by the fact that al coholic is telling ricky why he doesn't matter... lolz. Ricky hawtz.
I like being an insignificant member who doesn't really stand out. Attention on this bbs is most often not a good thing.

JohnnyNemesis
04-10-2009, 04:01 PM
Yeah, apparently not having a gimmick is a bad thing? Who knew! I actually don't mind the guy though, so let's ease up on him and move on to the, um, "rant".

Jebus
04-10-2009, 04:16 PM
http://i42.tinypic.com/2hy8hm0.jpg

Al Coholic
04-10-2009, 09:12 PM
Blah. It's been done about a million times before, and you still managed to make it even less interesting than before. Kudos.

protip: If I cared enough to take your analysis to heart, I would have actually made changes when people who are much more interesting than you (and people who I respect a lil bit) made this point back in 2007 or some shit.

So, when other people say you're not interesting, its okay to ignore them, but then go on and tell others they're boring? I'm totally down with the fuck it anyway - its just the internet attitude, but if you can be boring, don't call out others for it too.

This glimpse into your insecurity was particularly cute. Awwwww *noogie noogie noogie*
And here I was trying to honestly not make this a thing. I mean, you made an observation about me, and I one about you. I added in the last part so you wouldn't take it personally. So where do we go from here, should we exchange sarcasm and wit untill one prevails as more popular than the other? Cause dude, I can totally do that shit. Its like, my thing man. There's already hints of sarcasm all over the last few sentences. Perhaps to be super cool, I'll take the high road here, and ofcourse I'll announce I'm doing so!(even though that defeats the purpose):

JohnnyNemesis, I find it pathetic that you'd resort to such low standards in this debate of who is more boring. In order to win this argument by default, I'm like, totally too cool to continue this, cause anyone that would is an immature faggot. I hope you can continue on without trying to win petty internet arguments, you lowly faggot motherfucker. I'm going to just drop this here - its the mature thing to do. I hope your mature enough to drop it too.

Okay, your turn now.

Llamas
04-10-2009, 09:28 PM
Al: JN wrote a sentence about you. You wrote a couple paragraphs about him. JN replied to your paragraph, and then wrote another sentence about you. You wrote a couple more paragraphs about him. It seems that you care way more about this than he does.

T-6005
04-10-2009, 10:26 PM
I hate to be the voice of reason, but both JN and Al should realize that their sarcastic dryness is best saved for a better day.

IamSam
04-11-2009, 12:07 AM
If I wanted a recap of all the threads that were popular in the '90s, I would either hit up the forum archives people have stowed away or watch a season of The Fresh Prince of Bel Air.

Paint_It_Black
04-11-2009, 12:11 AM
Hey Al, you saw the part where JN said he doesn't actually mind you, right? Meaning he thinks you're pretty cool in general. No need to get quite so butthurt about being called boring, especially when it seemed directed mostly at this particular thread. There's even a hidden compliment in there. The implication that you are capable of better threads than this.

Getting offended is so boring. Drive on.

WebDudette
04-11-2009, 12:14 AM
I want to expand the topic. I have an amazingly strong distaste for people texting at inappropriate times. Am I the only one?

Paint_It_Black
04-11-2009, 12:17 AM
What do you consider an inappropriate time? I'd say it's better than having to listen to people making actual calls.

WebDudette
04-11-2009, 12:31 AM
Calls are even worse. But I've never had someone make a call unless it was important.

When at dinner, watching a movie, at a play, having an important (or even a not so important) conversation. Really, the only time I text is when I'm alone, or when I am with a group of people and we are trying to find something to do with other people.

RickyCrack
04-11-2009, 12:40 AM
i hate people that use texting as a substitute for calling. i like to text in the fact that it's like hey you at work? -- no -- wanna hang?

that's all i need. no need to converse with that shit. srsly. it's easier to call me if you wanna do that. i only have so many txts a month. it should only be used when a phone call is unnecessary.

Paint_It_Black
04-11-2009, 12:59 AM
When at dinner, watching a movie, at a play, having an important (or even a not so important) conversation.

Ah, I see. You feel their attention should be completely occupied by the event at hand. I tend to agree, but then I'm not the best multi-tasker. Give me one thing to focus on and I'm great. But many people seem fully capable of splitting their attention so I can't say it generally bothers me.

WebDudette
04-11-2009, 01:13 AM
I hear 'sorry, what was that? I was texting.' or 'wait a second, texting.' way to often.

I think if it is a bad time to be on the phone it's probably a bad time for texting.

edit: one girl calls me the exts while we're on the phone all the time. argh.

Paint_It_Black
04-11-2009, 01:32 AM
I haven't really bought into the whole texting phenomenon in general. It seems like a step backwards to me. When I see people texting furiously I want to say "you know you can talk into that thing, right?"

Sure, I send texts myself from time to time. But generally only if there's a reason I can't simply call the person.

So is this going to be a general list of things that are annoying?

I hate when people ask you a question but don't stop talking long enough for you to actually answer. Especially at work where giving them the answer may be somewhat important. If you're just going to assume you know what the answer is then don't even bother to ask. On a similar note, don't interrupt me halfway through a sentence just because you think you know how it's going to end. It's rude, plus you're going to be wrong pretty frequently, especially when my sentences start to end with "go fuck yourself".

Edit: Adopting the blank stare halfway through is just as bad. If you stop listening and start planning your next sentence people will know. You're not getting away with it.

JohnnyNemesis
04-11-2009, 01:40 AM
Al: JN wrote a sentence about you. You wrote a couple paragraphs about him. JN replied to your paragraph, and then wrote another sentence about you. You wrote a couple more paragraphs about him. It seems that you care way more about this than he does.

This.

Hey Al, you saw the part where JN said he doesn't actually mind you, right? Meaning he thinks you're pretty cool in general. No need to get quite so butthurt

This.

So yeah everyone, I swear I'm gonna drop this after this post, but I just have to say ooooone thing; honestly Al, responding to a jab at you being insecure with even more insecurity is weak. This should go no further mostly because 1. Again, I actually sorta like you dude, I was just being real and didn't expect the crying 2. It's fucking stupid. I hope you're not upset that I didn't really read your last post, but I doubt anyone did (jeezus, all that in response to a few sentences?! I ethered you, let it go) just like no one is gonna read mine but you. It's not that serious, so stop crying and just be cool. Be cool.

JohnnyNemesis
04-11-2009, 01:57 AM
Sure, I send texts myself from time to time. But generally only if there's a reason I can't simply call the person.

But wait, what about those people who are just impossible to get off the phone with? The people who don't care if you're tending to a sick infant, who don't care if you're at work, a concert, a bar, club, or train, they still want to tell you about the asshole neighbor of theirs without giving you a chance to free yourself?

Bigger, long-term solution: don't be friends with those kinds of people.
Temporary solution: tell them to fuckin' text you, rather than call you, if they need to contact you.

Paint_It_Black
04-11-2009, 03:48 AM
Bigger, long-term solution: don't be friends with those kinds of people.

Yeah, that one. I'm quite picky when it comes to friends. Though I'm also very polite. This creates the amusing problem of only having maybe 5 friends while 20 people think they are my friend. My solution is to guard my cell number fanatically. I don't care who calls my home phone, I never answer that anyway. Leave a message and I'll call you back if I happen to feel like it. My friends have learned the value of leaving intriguing messages now.

Offspring-Junkie
04-11-2009, 05:20 AM
Short messages are to be texted, longer discussions are to be solved by talking on phone. I don't talk much on the phone. 2 minutes in most cases.
Sometimes I send messages to reach someone who isn't picking up.

Al Coholic
04-11-2009, 06:05 AM
This.

This.

So yeah everyone, I swear I'm gonna drop this after this post, but I just have to say ooooone thing; honestly Al, responding to a jab at you being insecure with even more insecurity is weak. This should go no further mostly because 1. Again, I actually sorta like you dude, I was just being real and didn't expect the crying 2. It's fucking stupid. I hope you're not upset that I didn't really read your last post, but I doubt anyone did (jeezus, all that in response to a few sentences?! I ethered you, let it go) just like no one is gonna read mine but you. It's not that serious, so stop crying and just be cool. Be cool.

Booooooooooo. Were we being serious?

There's already hints of sarcasm all over the last few sentences. Perhaps to be super cool, I'll take the high road here, and ofcourse I'll announce I'm doing so!(even though that defeats the purpose):

JohnnyNemesis, I find it pathetic that you'd resort to such low standards in this debate of who is more boring. In order to win this argument by default, I'm like, totally too cool to continue this, cause anyone that would is an immature faggot. I hope you can continue on without trying to win petty internet arguments, you lowly faggot motherfucker. I'm going to just drop this here - its the mature thing to do. I hope your mature enough to drop it too.

Okay, your turn now.
Just re-read, the sarcasm is anything but subtle. I mean, fuck, do I have to end a post with </sarcasm> for people to pick up on me not being serious? I even said I was going to announce I was going to drop it in an insulting way(the thing being that that isn't the high road at all), and then said "ok your turn". And then you exactly did what I was mocking, taking a 'false high road' one could say, but you were totally serious. Cmon man, you're better than that.

Its ok though dude, I sorta see you were hinting at saying you were sorry anyway, and I accept your apology.

ps u r fag

IamSam
04-11-2009, 06:07 AM
You need to stop the whole bit of posting something serious and then later claiming sarcasm. It's old and boring as well.

mrconeman
04-11-2009, 06:12 AM
Al Coholic is a bit of a whining bitch. Who knew.

Al Coholic
04-11-2009, 06:13 AM
Honest to god if people don't realize that's sarcasm I'm going to just quit. Not just the board, I'll quit the internet completely. It is that ridiculous.

mrconeman
04-11-2009, 06:17 AM
That was only around 70% directed at your exchanges with JN. The remaining percentage was the original thread. And you can't possibly back pedal on the fact that it was serious in the first place.

Al Coholic
04-11-2009, 06:29 AM
I don't exactly follow, you mean the original boring rant? No, I wasn't being sarcastic there. I really don't like it when people use the word dat.

wheelchairman
04-11-2009, 06:53 AM
It's fairly obvious that post is laced with sarcasm. It's also obvious when people post something, get called out, and then later claim it's sarcasm, this is not like that.

As for the popularity contest, I'm not going to choose between Al and JN. I'm just going to drink my black coffee

DAMNIT

KyleW
04-11-2009, 07:09 AM
Short messages are to be texted, longer discussions are to be solved by talking on phone. I don't talk much on the phone. 2 minutes in most cases.
Sometimes I send messages to reach someone who isn't picking up.

QFT. I only really call people if I need to reach them urgently. Otherwise I'll text and just pick up thier reply later.

JohnnyNemesis
04-11-2009, 08:46 AM
I promised the world I'd drop the drama after my last post, and so I'm sorry to say that I'm not going to read your replies in this thread, Al. All I'll say is be coooool.

I don't care who calls my home phone

Whoa, home phone? I need to get me one of those again...

Al Coholic
04-11-2009, 08:56 AM
I know, you kinda douched yourself into a corner. I guess you can partially save face by ignoring it.

BTW its just more fun to be petty sometimes.

iPunk247
04-11-2009, 11:19 PM
haha fuck DAT yo. :D

0r4ng3
04-11-2009, 11:21 PM
I get it! It's funny to use "dat" in this thread because that's exactly what the rant is about! Oh, the hilarity!

Al Coholic
04-11-2009, 11:28 PM
I get it! It's funny to use "dat" in this thread because that's exactly what the rant is about! Oh, the hilarity!

That's so lame that you think that, its not funny at all.

And don't try to back pedal and say you were being sarcastic or something either.

coke_a_holic
04-12-2009, 12:08 AM
That's so lame that you think that, its not funny at all.

And don't try to back pedal and say you were being sarcastic or something either.

Oh, come on, man, the way you defended yourself was definitely full of honest conviction... you just used sarcasm as your medium for it. I'm on board with the group of people who like you, for sure, but just by reading your post, it's pretty easy to see that you definitely were fighting for yourself with the honest to goodness truth. The sarcasm was hastily slapped in at the end of your posts and in between the sentences just so you could try to pull it off as a joke, even though its sandwiched between the "try to read this as though I'm calm and cooled down, even though I'm writing in short, syntactically confusing bursts that create a tone of speed and anxiousness."

Just drop it, dude, there's no need for this.

RickyCrack
04-12-2009, 12:14 AM
i'm with mike. srsly, al, you're cool and everything, but it's probably about time to let this shit die. in about 2 days we'll be bitching about something and somebody else and totally forget about this shit. Even the best of us here let an occaisional mistake slip through our fingers. (lol get it, it's a typing joke.)

JohnnyNemesis
04-12-2009, 01:24 AM
(lol get it, it's a masturbation joke.)

lol fix'd.

I hope.

<3

Al Coholic
04-12-2009, 01:33 AM

Okay, your turn now.

This is too amusing to me. Its a total douchebag move to throw in a few insults, and then after you get the last word say "ok, lets drop it. Be mature". I did it in jest, he was serious. Not a one calls him out for it though...

As far as dropping it. Well, I don't really want to concede to being a backpedaling vag, as I do stand by what I said and feel misinterpreted. I did want to avoid this, but I guess I was too blunt. But hey, this'll likely be closed in a few hours anyway.

JohnnyNemesis
04-12-2009, 01:34 AM
Jesus fucking Christ, stop crying.

Al Coholic
04-12-2009, 01:37 AM
Just let it go, bro.

Paint_It_Black
04-12-2009, 02:21 AM
Whoa, home phone? I need to get me one of those again...

I've been thinking about dropping mine, but I get good international rates. So basically I pay $40 a month or whatever it is in order to make an occasional cheap call to my family. Not sure if it's worth it or not.

I know, you kinda douched yourself into a corner. I guess you can partially save face by ignoring it.

Seriously? You're still going with this? How disappointing. And by the way, saying "I'm being sarcastic" doesn't prove you don't also kind of mean what you're saying. In fact, if you repeatedly and obviously point out your own sarcasm it looks a bit suspicious.

Al, JN tried to drop this because it's fucking lame. It doesn't matter who is at fault. The whole thing is fucking lame. Listen to the many voices of reason and let it go.

But hey, this'll likely be closed in a few hours anyway.

Wow.

KyleW
04-12-2009, 06:23 AM
But hey, this'll likely be closed in a few hours anyway.

Wrong again.

T-6005
04-12-2009, 08:43 AM
My favorite part was when Al accused Or4ng3 of not making a joke.

Little_Miss_1565
04-12-2009, 08:52 AM
This is too amusing to me. Its a total douchebag move to throw in a few insults, and then after you get the last word say "ok, lets drop it. Be mature". I did it in jest, he was serious. Not a one calls him out for it though...

As far as dropping it. Well, I don't really want to concede to being a backpedaling vag, as I do stand by what I said and feel misinterpreted. I did want to avoid this, but I guess I was too blunt. But hey, this'll likely be closed in a few hours anyway.

Oh my god. Al, you literally give me a headache almost every time you post. You know you're acting like a fool, but it's like you can't even help yourself. And you are wrong about JN never getting called out -- unlike you, some people who call JN out on his shit, for example me, use PMs or IMs or e-mail or text instead of douching all over the forum. Try it sometime, you'll like it.

Whatever, you were misinterpreted, the internet is a purely written medium and these things happen, fine. But you are a grown-ass man and should not need someone to step in and tell you to let it die.

holland25
04-12-2009, 09:05 AM
Dat wud be an ecumenical matter.

JohnnyNemesis
04-12-2009, 09:05 AM
I like .dat files.

sKratch
04-12-2009, 09:14 AM
DAMNIT
I get it!

I was gonna read all of this thread, but then it faggoted itself too hard.

JohnnyNemesis
04-12-2009, 09:26 AM
You like things that are faggoted and you know it <3

mrconeman
04-12-2009, 09:29 AM
This is the only thing I've ever noticed you post. Because Father Ted is amazing.

holland25
04-12-2009, 09:39 AM
This is the only thing I've ever noticed you post. Because Father Ted is amazing.

Umm, I don't know if I might take this as a compliment, or dishonour... But whatever.

Rooster
04-12-2009, 10:00 AM

This thread remded me on this even before you posted this...:D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2TQuacxEjAU

Llamas
04-12-2009, 10:25 AM

Jesus fucking Christ, stop crying.

Just let it go, bro.

Wait... did I really just see this happen? Al writes a couple paragraphs about how douchey it was for JN to basically try to let it go and move on... JN tells Al to stop crying... and then Al comes back and tells JN to let it go??? This doesn't add up...

SweetTatyana
04-12-2009, 10:52 AM
Yahhh its kind of getting silly

Vera
04-12-2009, 01:08 PM
Dose boiz r always cozin dramas.

Cock Joke
04-12-2009, 01:13 PM
datdatdatdatdatdatdatdatdatdatdatdatdatdatdatdatda tdatdatdatdatdatdatdatdatdatdatdatdatdatdatdatdatd atdatdatdatdatdatdatdatdatdatdatdatdatdatdatdatdat datdatdatdatdatdatdatdatdatdatdatdatdatdatdatdatda tdatdatdatdatdatdatdatdatdatdatdatdatdatdatdatdatd atdatdatdatdatdatdatdatdatdatdatdatdatdatdatdatdat datdatdatdatdatdatdatdatdatdatdatdatdatdatdatdatda tdatdatdatdatdatdatdatdatdatdatdatdatdatdatdatdatd atdatdatdatdatdatdatdatdatdatdatdatdatdatdatdatdat datdatdatdatdatdatdatdatdatdatdatdatdatdatdatdatda tdatdatdatdatdatdatdatdatdatdatdatdatdatdatdatdatd atdatdatdatdatdatdatdatdatdatdatdatdatdatdatdatdat datdatdatdatdatdatdatdatdatdatdatdatdatdatdatdatda tdatdatdatdatdatdatdatdatdatdatdatdatdatdatdatdatd atdatdatdatdatdatdatdatdatdatdatdatdatdatdatdatdat datdatdatdatdatdatdatdatdatdatdatdatdatdatdatdatda tdatdatdatdatdatdatdatdatdatdatdatdatdatdatdatdatd atdatdatdatdatdatdatdatdatdatdatdatdatdatdatdatdat datdatdatdatdatdatdatdatdatdatdatdatdatdatdatdatda tdatdatdatdatdatdatdatdatdatdatdatdatdatdatdatdatd atdatdatdatdatdatdatdatdatdatdatdatdatdatdatdatdat datdatdatdatdatdatdatdatdatdatdatdatdatdatdatdatda tdatdatdatdatdatdatdatdatdatdatdatdatdatdatdatdatd atdatdatdatdatdatdatdatdatdatdatdatdatdatdatdatdat datdatdatdatdatdatdatdatdatdatdatdatdatdatdatdatda tdatdatdatdatdatdatdatdatdatdatdatdatdatdatdatdatd atdatdatdatdatdatdatdatdatdatdatdatdatdatdatdatdat datdatdatdatdatdatdatdatdatdatdatdatdatdatdatdatda tdatdatdatdatdatdatdatdatdatdatdatdatdatdatdatdatd atdatdatdatdatdatdatdatdatdatdatdatdatdatdatdatdat datdatdatdatdatdatdatdatdatdatdatdatdatdatdatdatda tdatdatdatdatdatdatdatdatdatdatdatdatdatdatdatdatd atdatdatdatdatdatdatdatdatdatdatdatdatdatdatdatdat datdatdatdatdatdatdatdatdatdatdatdatdatdatdatdatda tdatdatdatdatdatdatdatdatdatdatdatdatdatdatdatdatd atdatdatdatdatdatdatdatdatdatdatdatdatdatdatdatdat datdatdatdatdatdatdatdatdatdatdatdatdatdatdatdatda tdatdatdatdatdatdatdatdatdatdatdatdatdatdatdatdatd atdatdatdatdatdatdatdatdatdatdatdatdatdatdatdatdat datdatdatdatdatdatdatdatdatdatdatdatdatdatdatdatda tdatdatdatdatdatdatdatdatdatdatdatdatdatdatdatdatd atdatdatdatdatdatdatdatdatdatdatdatdatdatdatdatdat datdatdatdatdatdatdatdatdatdatdatdatdatdatdatdatda tdatdatdatdatdatdatdatdatdatdatdatdatdatdatdatdatd atdatdatdatdatdatdatdatdatdatdatdatdatdatdatdatdat datdatdatdatdatdatdatdatdatdatdatdatdatdatdatdatda tdatdatdatdatdatdatdatdatdatdatdatdatdatdatdatdatd atdatdatdatdatdatdatdatdatdatdatdatdatdatdatdatdat datdatdatdatdatdatdatdatdatdatdatdatdatdatdatdatda tdatdatdatdatdatdatdatdatdatdatdatdatdatdatdatdatd atdatdatdatdatdatdatdatdatdatdatdatdatdatdatdatdat datdatdatdatdatdatdatdatdatdatdatdatdatdatdatdatda tdatdatdatdatdatdatdatdatdatdatdatdatdatdatdatdatd atdatdatdatdatdatdatdatdatdatdatdatdatdatdatdatdat datdatdatdatdatdatdatdatdatdatdatdatdatdatdatdatda tdatdatdatdatdatdatdatdatdatdatdatdatdatdatdatdatd atdatdatdatdatdatdatdatdatdatdatdatdatdatdatdatdat datdatdatdatdatdat

T-6005
04-12-2009, 03:56 PM
On another note, Al, "dat" is a bastardization that came from original phone texting, where -d- was simple one press of 2, while -th- was 844

Inasmuch as one press of a button is less than three, dat is more efficient than that, and is and iz are equally efficient.

Free?
04-12-2009, 04:07 PM
Gotta love Cock Joke's post+signature. Still, not long enough, I can see T's post on the same page. Dat sux.

Al Coholic
04-12-2009, 09:58 PM
llamas - just let it die

On another note, Al, "dat" is a bastardization that came from original phone texting, where -d- was simple one press of 2, while -th- was 844

Inasmuch as one press of a button is less than three, dat is more efficient than that, and is and iz are equally efficient.

I guess "lyke" and "iz" are even worse, as they're just pointless. But something about the word dat used on purpose (I read it with the d in my head) just sounds really bad.

holland25
04-12-2009, 11:14 PM
Itz lyke dat, and dat's da way it iz.

Rooster
04-13-2009, 02:26 AM
Itz lyke dat, an dat's da way eet iz.

me fixzd yo gramarr a bit, yo addedz "d" at da end of da word "an", and you wrotez "it" insted of "eet". otherwize verri good.

arak0r
04-13-2009, 02:48 AM
what if some one happened to be say, vietnamese with the name dat? such as http://www.ncvaonline.org/images/021806_ECAASU/DatNguyen0014.JPG

former dallas cowboys linebacker dat nguyen!

Free?
04-13-2009, 03:02 AM
http://i478.photobucket.com/albums/rr149/therunawayfromdangerman/Tooki_pissed.png

[[Meli.x]]
04-13-2009, 04:38 PM
people around where i live have a nack of saying stuff like "chillin wid mii bst m8s, bby gurl" and things like that.. some select arseholes also replace the letter e with a 3.. so "i was here 2k9" would be "ii woz 3r3 2k9"
i refuse to IM people who type like this...
the thing thats annoying me lately is people typing Twoo Kai ninee, or even 2k9 for that matter (meaning 2009)
Just gets my goat.

Outerspaceman21
04-13-2009, 04:49 PM
I stopped talking to people who do that.

RageAndLov
04-13-2009, 05:48 PM
Calls are even worse. But I've never had someone make a call unless it was important.

When at dinner, watching a movie, at a play, having an important (or even a not so important) conversation. Really, the only time I text is when I'm alone, or when I am with a group of people and we are trying to find something to do with other people.

Have you ever said exactly this before, or am I having a Dj Vu?

Sofinch
04-14-2009, 06:26 AM
"Dat" is Dutch for "That"
so, I mostly don't notice that fault

_Lost_
04-14-2009, 10:32 AM
];1291385']2k9

I spent like 5 mins trying to figure out what this meant before reading the rest of her post. :o

Fractal
04-14-2009, 04:46 PM
2k9 is actually 2900 in electronics. k is at the place of a decimal point and then x 1000. So, it's 2.9 x 1000 = 2900. Resistors can be marked this way.

I thought I would teach you something. :D

Free?
04-15-2009, 08:41 AM
2k9 is actually 2900 in electronics. k is at the place of a decimal point and then x 1000. So, it's 2.9 x 1000 = 2900. Resistors can be marked this way.

I thought I would teach you something. :D

I don't know about electronics, but in this case it's obviously 2009. The "k" belongs to 2 not to 9 and, yes, it means x1000. Don't you remember y2k?

http://www.treygarrison.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/03/captobvious-738633-747223.jpg

Fractal
04-15-2009, 09:18 AM
Yes, in dis case it's 2009, but I'm teaching you electronics right now. Dat's obvious.

Al Coholic
04-15-2009, 06:59 PM
Ooooh, do me! Do me!

Sorry, but you're just not my type. Plus you're a guy, so you know...it'd be weird.... hope we can still be freinds though.

[DJ_bj]
04-16-2009, 08:22 AM
i dont get it. i mean lol and idk are ok cause they are acronyms, but dat just seems pathetic. i agree all the way. :)

dff_punk
04-16-2009, 08:49 AM
"lol" is perhaps the most overused acronym ever.

[DJ_bj]
04-16-2009, 08:55 AM

seriously. lol. ok, sorry, had to do it. haha

Free?
04-16-2009, 08:56 AM

It's so overused that even calling it acronym is funny.

SweetTatyana
04-16-2009, 09:06 AM
or "omg"
I think it sounds so nerdy when people say o-m-g or l-o-l outloud.

[DJ_bj]
04-16-2009, 09:19 AM
some kids at school say o-m-jesus

JohnnyNemesis
04-16-2009, 09:21 AM
Believe it or not, I find it muuuuuuch more annoying when people actually say "oh my god" constantly. Makes me cringe and want to stick something sharp in my ears, consequences be damned.

[DJ_bj]
04-16-2009, 09:25 AM
you mean like,
"Oh my god! i got i new pair of shoes!"
:eek: "REALLY?! Oh my god!!"
"OH my god"
"OH MY god"
"OH MY GOD!!!!!"

JohnnyNemesis
04-16-2009, 09:33 AM
No, I mean more conversations that actually happen, not stereotypes of valley girls you see on TV.

I know someone who starts every single sentence with "Oh my god", and it's grating. I think most people say it every now and again, but yeah, it gets to a point where you just wanna diiiiiiiiiie!

[DJ_bj]
04-16-2009, 09:33 AM
it gets to a point where you just wanna diiiiiiiiiie!
i know what you mean. i agree.

SweetTatyana
04-16-2009, 09:40 AM
haha aww JN the new guy sigg'ed you :)

JohnnyNemesis
04-16-2009, 09:43 AM
I've been in so many sigs over the years that I can't even keep track...but I still blush every time!

ad8
04-16-2009, 11:38 AM
Not being in a sig is not cool.

_Lost_
04-16-2009, 12:50 PM
I've been in so many sigs over the years that I can't even keep track...but I still blush every time!

...lucky....

sKratch
04-16-2009, 12:52 PM
or "omg"
I think it sounds so nerdy when people say o-m-g or l-o-l outloud.

I had a friend in high school who though "omg" was a phonetic spelling of some sound of surprise or something... I always wondered why he used it so much and in strange places on AIM.

He had a fuck my life moment when he realized what it meant.

Free?
04-16-2009, 03:17 PM
^ jajajajaja el hilarante story!
laughing in Spanish isn't cool.
EDIT: Lol, wrong thread!
EDIT2: Damn dat ad8!

0r4ng3
04-16-2009, 05:24 PM
Ironically I say "lol" more than I type it. Yes I realize that makes me a bad person.

Al Coholic
04-17-2009, 01:36 PM
This reminds me, the movie Juno is god awful and the definition of overrated.

T-6005
04-17-2009, 02:16 PM
I liked Juno. Not an insane amount, but I did like it.

renato piquette
04-17-2009, 02:23 PM
Not being in a sig is not cool.

being at davos sig is not cool

Al Coholic
04-17-2009, 02:36 PM
I liked Juno. Not an insane amount, but I did like it.

Juno is miserably boring. So ofcourse a Canadian would like it.

SweetTatyana
04-17-2009, 02:38 PM

Haha I liked it too.
That Simpsons' take on Canadian movies was hilarious. "I don't want to harm you, so I wont" or something.

T-6005
04-17-2009, 02:46 PM

Maybe they would. I have no idea. I'm not Canadian.

Al Coholic
04-17-2009, 02:47 PM
Yeah, I never knew what maple porn was untill I browsed some of your country's stuff. Its basically anal sex with very pale people, and its very sticky as you can imagine what they use for lube.

SweetTatyana
04-17-2009, 02:52 PM
lol sometimes my sarcasm detector doesnt exactly work so are you being serious? Theres no such thing as maple porn right?
Dont make fun of me I'm too scared to search for it to see if its real lol

Al Coholic
04-17-2009, 04:03 PM
It usually takes place after a game of curling.

"Aye, I noticed you out on the ice. Nice sweeping."

"Oh yeah. You're a a fan of curling?"

"I'm all aboot curling. Hockey too"

"Well, I've got a nice hockey stick I could show you"

*porno music kicks in*

"Niiiiice stick aye"

Its actually kind of weird, they never work the syrup into the plot. They just sort of have it in the locker room, as though everybody just has maple syrup on them wherever they go. Maybe that's just how you guys roll, I don't know...

Isolated Fury
04-17-2009, 04:10 PM
"I just got back from tax-free shopping in Pennsylvania. I sure am glad to be back in Ontario."

"Oh, tax-free shopping makes me hot. Not to mention the fact that we are both Asians that can't speak a word of English. Let's do it."

That's actually how it goes.

SweetTatyana
04-17-2009, 04:52 PM
Haha my mom is a big fan of tax free shopping in Erie, but not asian