PDA

View Full Version : Student Laptops?

MoonTan™
04-11-2009, 11:15 PM
The Federal Government has allocated second round funding of $141 million to enable almost 1400 schools nationwide to buy computers for students.

"Every secondary school in the country has had the ability to apply for assistance to bring them to a student to computer ratio of one-to-two for students," Gillard said.

"The Government's digital education revolution will take the ratio to one-to-one and we will achieve that in 2011."

There has been alot of talk about these student laptops and i want to know your thoughts and etc.

Source:
http://www.itnews.com.au/News/95106,government-funds-141000-more-school-laptops.aspx

wheelchairman
04-12-2009, 08:07 AM
It's a smart investment in that youth should have computer lessons. I mean 'hello obvious answer'.

What's there even to discuss? This law proposal is so fucking logical it's like we elected a vulcan as President. Finally I am living in an age where I can go, 'hey look my European friends, my government can also make reasonable laws too! I mean look at this one, it makes so much sense it hurts.'

*dismissive wanking motion*

nameless
04-17-2009, 08:54 PM
as long as everyone has access to computer at some point i think thats all that matters. theres no need for a two to one ratio!