PDA

View Full Version : is this information new?

ruroken
04-14-2009, 04:49 PM
http://www.usatoday.com/news/nation/2009-04-13-columbine-myths_N.htm?se=yahoorefer

now you can't blame Grand Theft Auto and Manhunt and MadWorld!

wheelchairman
04-14-2009, 05:14 PM
It's the first time I've ever seen it summarized in one place, and in fact much of the information is new to me, although I haven't really tried following up on it.

Interesting article, even if it is the USA Today, actually I enjoyed that it was a slight against journalistic sensationalism.

That story about a student being shot in the head after she said she believed in God? Never happened, the FBI says now.

Amazing, I remember some chick I knew reading a non-fiction book entirely about how amazingly brave this situation was. And that never happened.

The article is interesting, genuinely.

Outerspaceman21
04-14-2009, 05:16 PM
That was an interesting read.

Llamas
04-14-2009, 06:47 PM
I just don't know how much I buy this. They didn't bother looking at the journals in detail or any of this stuff for ten years? They thought they figured it out, but years later decided to revisit it? I just... don't really believe it.

Plus, if the kid asking the girl if she believed in God first never actually happened, why should we jump to believe what another news article says when so many were previously wrong?

wheelchairman
04-14-2009, 06:55 PM
Because it's 10 years later and not immediately afterwards. The article seemed to date a lot of it's sources back to the early 2000's actually.

SweetTatyana
04-14-2009, 06:59 PM
They have been looking into the journals since then and this article just summed up everything people discovered/decided on since then.
The thing with the "Do you believe in God", it wasnt that is totally never happened. Everyone had thought originally Cassie Bernall, a girl who was shot and killed, had answered yes to the questioned and was killed. However, another girl, Valeen Schnurr, was saying Oh God or Oh my God or something and they came over and asked her if she believed in God, and she kept saying yes and no and they asked her why and she replied because thats what her parents believed and she went back under the table and wasnt murdered. I have also heard that another student in the library who wasnt injured claimed they had asked many kids that questioln and it wasnt a determinant on whether someone lived or died.

SweetTatyana
04-14-2009, 07:06 PM
Anyway, in reply to the topic, that information isn't new, I think as soon as the police records were made public everyone knew but there are sites that have been following virtually every update which contained most, if not all, of the information: www.acolumbinesite.com

JohnnyNemesis
04-14-2009, 08:59 PM
They thought they figured it out, but years later decided to revisit it? I just... don't really believe it.

Why not? Police departments and the FBI do that kind of stupid shit ALL the time, unfortunately.