PDA

View Full Version : Dragon Ball Kai

Gustavo
04-18-2009, 06:54 PM
I know that everyone is excited (or not) about Dragon Ball Evolution, most of you have probably watched it already (I haven't, so I can't say much... But I pretty much think it tends to suck), actually.
But, I just found out that a Dragon Ball Z remake is being produced in Japan! Great news! :D
I watched two episodes already (In Japanese, subtitled in Portuguese), and loved them!
It seems like the series will be cut down from 291 to 100. It's still good news for me, though! Good times, I remember watching Dragon Ball Z dubbed in Portuguese back then when I was like, 6?

http://dragonball.wikia.com/wiki/Dragon_Ball_Kai

Szandi
04-18-2009, 07:05 PM
I know that everyone is excited (or not) about Dragon Ball Evolution, most of you have probably watched it already (I haven't, so I can't say much... But I pretty much think it tends to suck), actually.
But, I just found out that a Dragon Ball Z remake is being produced in Japan! Great news! :D
I watched two episodes already (In Japanese, subtitled in Portuguese), and loved them!
It seems like the series will be cut down from 291 to 100. It's still good news for me, though! Good times, I remember watching Dragon Ball Z dubbed in Portuguese back then when I was like, 6?

http://dragonball.wikia.com/wiki/Dragon_Ball_Kai

It was a big craze.
It was censored in Hungary.

Omni
04-18-2009, 07:11 PM
It's good that they're cutting the episodes down, because I gaurantee only 100/291 is actual canon story, sadly. It makes me wish they'd just start anime shows after the manga is already done. Maybe they'll do something similar to Bleach one day and I'll re-watch it.

Gustavo
04-18-2009, 07:14 PM
It's good that they're cutting the episodes down, because I gaurantee only 100/291 is actual canon story, sadly. It makes me wish they'd just start anime shows after the manga is already done. Maybe they'll do something similar to Bleach one day and I'll re-watch it.

You mean, like Akira producing a new Dragon Ball series? I'm sorry to let you down, but, that will never happen. He's already said that he doesn't want to work on Dragon Ball anymore (I wish he did, though). They might do something like Dragon Ball GT (A series that was not produced by Akira), which would totally suck, but I still don't think that will ever happen either.

Outerspaceman21
04-18-2009, 09:35 PM
I liked DBZ. My personal favorite anime was Fooly Cooly. That show rocked.

WebDudette
04-19-2009, 01:20 AM
What? Down to 100 episodes? That is amazing, maybe they will cut out all of the shit that prevented it from being the greatest show ever.