PDA

View Full Version : Paranoia

Bipolar Bear
04-25-2009, 11:02 AM
I'm a slight paranoid but my friend is a hundred times worse. He sometimes freaks out because he thinks he's in something like the "Truman show". Every time he does something, he's certain that everyone around is looking at him and judging him.

He wouldn't eat a ice cream inside of a video store because "people would have been watching him and thinking he's a dumbass". Firstly, this makes no sense, but so does most of his paranoid thinking. I retort that if he saw someone doing the same thing, he probably wouldn't even stop to think about it, and that other people don't necessarily judge every move he makes. He relaxes after this, but starts going paranoid again a little while later when he walks with a stick in his hand then throws it away in disgust because he just realized that "everyone must now think he's a little kid walking with a stick". No, my friend, nobody even stopped to think about it.

He does this with pretty much anything, saying how "he has a huge pimple on his forehead that everyone notices", even though I've been talking to him for an hour and haven't even thought about it.

He's a great guy and my best friend, but just too self-conscious. Does anyone know people like this? Any advice?

findout5
04-25-2009, 11:54 AM
I know someone like that, but I can't talk about it...THEY might be watching me! lol

If he was my friend, I'd make a scene everytime he started doing something like that! Eventually he'd realize my scenes/pranks are way worse than any paranoia!

mip_04
04-25-2009, 12:09 PM
I don't know anyone with the same problem! Advices? If it was with my friends, I would try to tell them that they shouldn't exaggerate!

Smash punker
04-25-2009, 12:12 PM
There are not a lot of advices. These people canīt simply relax n itīs tough to help them, if they have no confidence:D

T-6005
04-25-2009, 12:16 PM
Xanax is the key.

Smash punker
04-25-2009, 12:40 PM
Whatīs xanax? :D

SweetTatyana
04-25-2009, 12:43 PM
Yeah that just sounds like low confidence and anxiety or something.

At least hes not as bad as Henry VIII for paranoia

Bipolar Bear
04-25-2009, 06:15 PM
I know someone like that, but I can't talk about it...THEY might be watching me! lol

If he was my friend, I'd make a scene everytime he started doing something like that! Eventually he'd realize my scenes/pranks are way worse than any paranoia!

LOL I like that.

Xanax is the key.

mmm yes
So is alcohol.

nameless
04-25-2009, 09:00 PM
i read some advice online about something similar, apparently the best way to get round it would be to say something utterly sarcsatic in the hope of making them laugh and not being so paranoid. just be careful you dont come across as making fun of them though!

RageAndLov
04-26-2009, 05:18 AM
It's time to put your friend into a mental hospital. You can visit him once a week :) jk

Blitzkrieg Bop
04-26-2009, 07:17 AM
The only advise I can give is that your friend should talk to a professional ... as for you, I don't believe there is much you can do.