PDA

View Full Version : Check out my music video!

Free?
04-27-2009, 08:41 AM
Based on Edward's Norton character from Fight club.

I'm a fucking amateur tbh, this vid is like the first of mine where I done some relatively serious editing.

http://www.dailymotion.com/user/the_runawayfromdanger_man/video/x94133_fight-club-shut-your-mouth_shortfilms

Sorry that it's not youtube, I couldn't manage to get it to work there because the clip didn't pass the processing (contains material that is owned by 21st Century Fox blablacrap :/).

Love it, hate it, obey it, bash it, smoke it, tag it etc.

ad8
04-27-2009, 09:09 AM
Pretty good stuff. How long did you work on that?

Blitzkrieg Bop
04-27-2009, 01:32 PM
It works really well ... great editing job :)

Free?
04-27-2009, 03:55 PM
Pretty good stuff. How long did you work on that?
Thanks! I killed my weekend (2 days) for it. The creative process went far from what I've planned it to be in the beginning. In fact, when I've made the intro I had no idea what the rest of vid is going to be like.

It works really well ... great editing job :)

Glad you liked it and thanks!

jacknife737
04-27-2009, 07:33 PM
Great job! How many times did you have to watch the movie to pick out all the scenes you wanted?

renato piquette
04-27-2009, 07:47 PM
nice,great job!

Free?
04-28-2009, 01:51 AM
Great job! How many times did you have to watch the movie to pick out all the scenes you wanted?
Thank you! Actually just two times. I saw the movie for the first time long ago, then recently I was listening to the song and caught myself on a thought that it's sooo about Fight Club. So I had to watch it again to refresh my memory and to cut the scenes out of it. Glad that you noticed that, actually picking and combining scenes is ways much more difficult work than you guys could imagine. I had no actual storyline prepared, so it was just watching the whole movie and holding the finger on the space (pause) key and picking every potential scene. I think they were like 200, I ended up with throwing away like half (maybe even more) of them, also I decided to avoid any appearance of Tyler Durden and focusing on Norton's character (btw according to the official movie site his name is Jack), that greatly reduced the number of scenes (the worst thing about not including Durden was that he appeared in the fighting scenes very often, so I ended up with like only 6-7 fighting short scenes, each of them is used for few/several times, that makes them look repetitive. I find it one of the worst things about my vid.). Unfortunately, I didn't include all the scenes that I wanted.

nice,great job!

Thank you!

holland25
04-28-2009, 01:55 AM
Wow, it's definitely not that bad as you described it on your first post. Great job!

Anyway, speaking about making vids, here is the link http://www.youtube.com/results?search_type=&search_query=Sadness47&aq=f to my friend's tributes/trailers to Hitman, Resident Evil... He's actually pretty good. Let me know whether you like them or not.

Free?
04-28-2009, 01:56 AM
Wow, it's definitely not that bad as you described it on your first post. Great job!

Hehe Thanks!

Jebus
04-28-2009, 01:56 PM
It's rather well done as far as editing goes. Although as a general rule, I still hate all fanvids that are just montages with background music because they're gay. Especially the anime ones.

Free?
04-28-2009, 02:11 PM
It's rather well done as far as editing goes. Although as a general rule, I still hate all fanvids that are just montages with background music because they're gay. Especially the anime ones.

Yeah, absolute most of them are just random "cool" scenes with some popular song. No connection at all. I tried to avoid such thing in my vid (it actually follows the song lyrics very tight), what I didn't like is that mini freakout/fighting scenes are repetitive, also the pause before the final scene could've been longer, but I had to follow the song. Thanks for checking and leaving a comment!

Anyway, speaking about making vids, here is the link http://www.youtube.com/results?search_type=&search_query=Sadness47&aq=f to my friend's tributes/trailers to Hitman, Resident Evil... He's actually pretty good. Let me know whether you like them or not.

I just checked some of them. The first one was Albert Wesker from RE5 tribute and it's my favorite his work so far. The song (which is very over used and, well, cheesy :]) actually fits the video, but the main reason I think is that last time I saw Wesker was in the first RE, he was a badass back then, I was surprised to see what kind of Neo he became. Nostalgia... I noticed in few others RE vids he used the cutscenes from different RE parts, it wasn't worth it imo because the difference in graphics ruins the thing, he shouldn't have mixed them. His vids are quite typical and are based on the formula "cool scenes+well known soundtrack", he's good at synchronizing, and there is a lot of scene changes which means he put some serious effort into picking and combining them. He's best at making trailer-type vids, I prefer the story-based ones though.

Free?
05-04-2009, 02:42 AM
I usually always skip this type of bullshit,
but I trust you enough, to have a look, and
it was really pretty cool. GOOD JOB Free?

Glad you liked it and thank you!

rockbeer
05-04-2009, 08:56 AM
Wow, that's a really good video!
nice work :cool:
the song is awesome too ;)

Free?
05-04-2009, 10:58 AM
Wow, that's a really good video!
nice work :cool:
the song is awesome too ;)

[bows and sends an air kiss]

Free?
06-24-2011, 01:26 PM
Here's a fresh one. The post-Chernobyl fiction not my cup of tea, nor is airsoft (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Airsoft), I've just been asked to make a montage of what that polygon looks like. The source material had low quality so setting 480p wouldn't hurt.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TubxeByZR6M

Offspring-Junkie
06-25-2011, 04:52 AM
I like it. It's rad. I have to add that I like the content, so chances are higher that I like the editing as well :D

personal_loans_1
06-25-2011, 07:23 AM
I watched first link with 'mann gegen mann' when first sounds of used song reminded me of rammstein and it turned out that it wasn't r+. It worked for it:D Especially when Norton was talking to his boss, I love that scene btw.

New is great, area is pretty nice. I need to watch that movie, I was about to do it anyway. Did you make it all or just editing? This must be fun, I mean airsoft. But I prefer paintball because of well, paintballs.

Free?
06-26-2011, 03:01 AM
New is great, area is pretty nice. I need to watch that movie, I was about to do it anyway. Did you make it all or just editing? This must be fun, I mean airsoft. But I prefer paintball because of well, paintballs.

I've been provided with video captions that were made with photocams and cellphones, I edited those (this video's main purpose is the demonstration of what the playground looks like).
It's not that much related to the Tarkovsky's film, it's about s.t.a.l.k.e.r. (lame abbreviation :P) universe and books, games based on it. But you should watch the film anyway, as it's one of the greatest of all time.
From what I know, airsoft is superior to paintball on every level (technically and it's much cheaper) except that you don't get painted when you're shot. But I don't do that kind of stuff.

goru
06-27-2011, 02:48 AM
It is happening in most of the shows specially in anime shows where the background music is most awesome.