PDA

View Full Version : Creed is back!

Alex101
04-29-2009, 03:10 PM
First the Pixies, then Alice in Chains, then Rage Against the Machine, then Sublime, then blink-182, then Limp Bizkit, then Faith No More and now Creed? Wow, just about almost every old school band has been getting back together. Ultimate-Guitar.com (http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/news/upcoming_releases/creed_confirms_reunion_tour_dates_and_album_detail s.html) reported yesterday that Creed has reformed after five years away and they're planning a new album and tour. More information is below:

After breaking up in 2004, Creed is back and is planning a new album and tour dates for 2009. "It’s a renewing and a rebirth," singer Scott Stapp tells Rolling Stone (http://www.rollingstone.com/rockdaily/index.php/2009/04/27/creeds-scott-stapp-calls-reunion-a-renewing-and-a-rebirth/) about the reunion. "I missed my boys and wanted to create music with them again. We’re all thrilled to have a second chance to make a first impression."

Stapp claims the band’s reunion stems from a meeting he had with guitarist Mark Tremonti in December. The two agreed to meet up in Stapp’s hotel prior to Stapp singing the National Anthem at Champs Sports Bowl. "I was nervous, but also excited because I knew Mark would bring nothing but positivity," he says. "We exchanged family pictures and within 20 minutes we were jamming on acoustic guitars and talking about new songs."

He adds, "At that meeting we were collectively saying, ‘Hey man, I’m sorry if I hurt you or my choices did anything to cause you any pain. I have nothing but love and forgiveness for you and I hope you can forgive me. It’s all part of the process of reflection and not looking back at the six months out of 10 years that were trying."

They soon reunited with drummer Scott Phillips and bassist Brian Marshall and already have six demos prepared for the new album, tentatively titled "Full Circle."

"It’s a favorite for all of us," Stapp tells Rolling Stone about the album title. "It really defines and articulates, melody-wise and lyrically, what’s happened with us. We’ve come full circle and it’s a great place to be. The goal is [to] release the first single before the tour and have the album come out during the tour or right after." As for who’s producing it, the band is currently talking to several big-names. "We’re reached out to Brendan O’Brien, Mutt Lange, Bob Rock, Steve Lillywhite and six or seven more," Stapp says. "We want to put ourselves around the best and have them bring out the best in us and challenge us as artists."

Good news for Creed fans, but bad news for anyone waiting for Stapp’s second solo album. "I’m not really thinking about that right now," he says. "It would be irresponsible for me to think about anything but Creed. This band is my first love and a first love that’s stood the test of time. It’s not hard to step away from any kind of personal agenda when you are totally fulfilled."

The band’s reunion tour kicks off on August 6 in Pittsburgh, PA and will conclude in Nashville, TN on October 14.

The tour dates are:

08/06 - Pittsburgh, PA
08/08 - Darien Lakes, NY
08/09 - Hershey, PA
08/11 - Saratoga Springs, NY
08/13 - Philadelphia, PA
08/15 - Wantagh, NY
08/16 - Holmdel, NJ
08/18 - Boston, MA
08/20 - Hartford, CT
08/21 - Washington, DC
08/22 - Virginia Beach, VA
08/25 - Detroit, MI
08/26 - Cleveland, OH
08/28 - Cincinnati, OH
08/29 - Indianapolis, IN
08/30 - Chicago, IL
09/01 - Milwaukee, WI
09/02 - Columbus, OH
09/04 - Raleigh, NC
09/05 - Charlotte, NC
09/11 - Atlanta, GA
09/12 - Birmingham, AL
09/15 - Orlando, FL
09/16 - West Palm Beach, FL
09/18 - Lafayette, LA
09/19 - New Orleans, LA
09/20 - Bossier City, LA
09/22 - Dallas, TX
09/24 - San Antonio, TX
09/25 - Houston, TX
09/27 - Las Vegas, NV
09/29 - Glendale, AZ
09/30 - Irvine, CA
10/02 - Salt Lake City, UT
10/03 - Denver, CO
10/06 - Minneapolis, MN
10/07 - Omaha, NE
10/09 - Tulsa, OK
10/10 - Kansas City, MO
10/13 - St Louis, MO
10/14 - Nashville, TN

No venues have been announced yet nor have dates outside of the United States been announced.

Report by David Lowe-Bianco.

jacknife737
04-29-2009, 03:42 PM
Praise the lord.

http://www.angryeggplant.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/06/buddy_christ2.jpg

Omni
04-29-2009, 03:51 PM
Wikipedia reported this months ago. Their new site has been up since late March.

Maybe Stapp has cleaned up his act. Tremonti is a great guitarist, and even though Scott Stapp rips off Eddie Vedder, it takes an awful lot of talent to do it as well as he does. I have a feeling that a lot of the reason people hated Creed was because of Stapp's douchey behavior.

Alex101
04-29-2009, 04:26 PM
Praise the lord.

*laughing out loud*

randman21
04-29-2009, 04:28 PM
I feel a joke at my expense coming on.

Outerspaceman21
04-29-2009, 04:38 PM
Heaven help us...

Outerspaceman21
04-29-2009, 04:40 PM
I feel a joke at my expense coming on.

Randy, all jokes we make are at your expense.

Except this one.

What do you call an anti-semitic teen romantic comedy?

10 Things I Hate About Jews

Llamas
04-29-2009, 05:03 PM
I have a feeling that a lot of the reason people hated Creed was because of Stapp's douchey behavior.

And his voice. And his lyrics. And his voice.

Thomas
04-29-2009, 05:28 PM
his voice.

his voice.

his voice.

his voice.

his voice.

his voice.

his voice.

his voice.

yeah......

Alex101
04-29-2009, 05:39 PM
Praise the lord.

Heaven help us...

What does all this religion crap have to do with Creed?

Llamas
04-29-2009, 05:54 PM
What does all this religion crap have to do with Creed?

Are you serious? Do you know anything about the band? Like, super popular stuff that was all over when they were popular?

Hint: read the lyrics to their hit songs such as "Higher" and "With Arms Wide Open".

Outerspaceman21
04-29-2009, 06:09 PM
Scott Stapp has a hard on from Jesus

Alex101
04-29-2009, 06:14 PM
Are you serious? Do you know anything about the band? Like, super popular stuff that was all over when they were popular?

Hint: read the lyrics to their hit songs such as "Higher" and "With Arms Wide Open".
I do know something about the band and that they've been popular, but I just couldn't understand what the band has to do with religion.

Llamas
04-29-2009, 06:16 PM
Just read their lyrics. They were a religious band. Most of their songs were about God and religion. It's pretty obvious.

Higher was about heaven... With Arms Wide Open made references to praying and stuff...

Plus (yes I have a couple Creed albums.. I used to like them) they had a song about God that was called "Faceless Man". lolol

Outerspaceman21
04-29-2009, 06:17 PM
I do know something about the band and that they've been popular, but I just couldn't understand what the band has to do with religion.

They are pretty much Christian Rock. Scott's writing is pretty much all about Jesus and Heaven and other related issues.

Llamas
04-29-2009, 06:31 PM
They are pretty much Christian Rock. Scott's writing is pretty much all about Jesus and Heaven and other related issues.

The running joke among Christians was that Creed's name should've been Greed, because they chose a secular band name so they could see mainstream success.

You CAN see how that sentence makes no sense, right Alex? ^^^

Knowing anything about the band would dictate that you're aware of their preachiness. Their entire image and public perception is (rightly) that of a cheesy Christ-rock band from the 90's.

Most of the bands on their record label are too. Only, most of those other bands are better. They still suck, but they're more talented than friggin' Creed. I mean, really. Creed? Creed?

Jesus Wilbur Christ.

Oh, wait, you're 19. So you were like 8 when they were popular. Sorry, don't mean to sound like a dick. It's just that, um, in 1998/1999? Creed were a disease. They were exactly what's wrong with the radio.

Well yeah like Human Clay was out in 1999, but they were popular into the 2000's. Didn't Weathered come out in like 2001, and get popular in 2002 into 2003? (I hate myself for knowing the album names.)

frontman Scott Stapp was lambasted by publications like Rolling Stone for being "irony-deficient, Jesus-haired and often shirtless in a way that reminded people of the guy from Lord of the Dance." Based on their frequently spiritual lyrics, some observers deemed Creed part of a new breed of alternative-styled Christian bands, an affiliation that Creed actively tried to downplay.

OH SHIT! I forgot about this!!!!:

During the summer of 2000, bassist Brian Marshall made headlines for criticizing Pearl Jam's recent songwriting style during a radio interview

lololol.

Scott Stapp went on to issue a solo record, 2005's The Great Divide, which included a collection of rock songs inspired by Mel Gibson's Passion of the Christ.

More lolololol!!!!

That was hilarious!!!

Bipolar Bear
04-29-2009, 06:50 PM
I really tried to listen to this band. I sat through it.

I liked it in no way whatsoever..there wasn't even a small spark of joy in me during the entire performance. I didn't DISLIKE it I guess..I'm pretty neutral to this.

StayInTheHouseCarl
04-29-2009, 07:51 PM
no venues announced = 7-11 parking lots.:p

jebus, i think i would rather listen to Angles and Adjectives...

jacknife737
04-29-2009, 08:10 PM
Angles and Adjectives...

I love this, so very much.

Autonomist
04-29-2009, 08:57 PM
http://www.gloriousnoise.com/images/jesushatescreed.jpg

Someone had to.

Llamas
04-29-2009, 09:04 PM
(18:56) Brianna: Creed is reuniting!
(18:57) Mr.Coneman: oh god i just read the thread
(18:57) Mr.Coneman: thats so discustingly horrible fantastic
(18:57) Brianna: hahahahaha
(18:57) Brianna: I'ma be first in line for tix
(18:57) Mr.Coneman: i'll pray for an album
(18:57) Mr.Coneman: that'll work right?
(19:01) Mr.Coneman: i wonder how long before someone posts even jesus hates creed
(19:01) Mr.Coneman: or even better, dexter in the shirt
(19:01) Brianna: lololol

Rooster
04-30-2009, 04:24 AM
And his voice. And his lyrics. And his voice.

And the money? nevermind, it's a joke, only a few people here know what it's about.

Omni
04-30-2009, 06:19 AM
I could see how his voice would get on some's nerves, it's an acquired taste. But since I like Eddie Vedder, I also happen to like Stapp. I think people mostly hated his voice since it was void of any originality.

Outerspaceman21
04-30-2009, 08:47 AM
http://www.gloriousnoise.com/images/jesushatescreed.jpg

Someone had to.

I want that T-Shirt.

Oh, and in I was watching MTV and listening to rock radio in 1998 because that was the same year I got into The Offspring, and I was 8 as well. The other kids thought I was weird.

mrconeman
04-30-2009, 11:39 AM
Called it!

Alex101
04-30-2009, 06:33 PM
I want that T-Shirt.

Oh, and in I was watching MTV and listening to rock radio in 1998 because that was the same year I got into The Offspring, and I was 8 as well. The other kids thought I was weird.
And 1998 was the first time you heard of Creed?

Outerspaceman21
04-30-2009, 06:52 PM
And 1998 was the first time you heard of Creed?

No, someone made a comment that someone else was like 8 years old when Creed was popular and was too young to know the bands popular, so I just made that comment because I was really young when I started listening to bands like Offspring and Korn

Llamas
04-30-2009, 07:32 PM
I could see how his voice would get on some's nerves, it's an acquired taste. But since I like Eddie Vedder, I also happen to like Stapp. I think people mostly hated his voice since it was void of any originality.

To me, I felt like he was trying too hard to make his voice sound like that. He never sounded natural. Bugged the hell out of me.

Omni
04-30-2009, 07:49 PM
Speaking of unoriginal vocalists, check out these guys (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hsmMgP9Kzw0)

On Youtube, this song is always listed as a combination of Pearl Jam/Alice in Chains/Tool/Creed. I like that song, but everything else they have made makes me want to barfilly vomit.

Llamas
04-30-2009, 08:02 PM
That song sucks. And he sounds very much like a wannabe Pearl Jam or Tantric singer.

Oxygene
05-02-2009, 02:14 AM
I like a few of their songs, but I was hoping Fred Durst would kick scot stapps ass..

I don't like the band, and I hate how the dude thinks he's eddie vedder, but like I said I did enjoy a few of their hits.

Outerspaceman21
05-02-2009, 08:54 AM
I'll take Limp Biskit over Creed any day.

mrconeman
05-02-2009, 09:11 AM
Limp Bizkit would have decent music if it wasn't for Fred Durst fagging over the top of it.

Creed just plain suck. Even though Mark Tremonti is a pretty good guitarist, which he only ever showed in his other band.

Llamas
05-02-2009, 09:13 PM
Limp Bizkit would have decent music if it wasn't for Fred Durst fagging over the top of it.

Creed just plain suck. Even though Mark Tremonti is a pretty good guitarist, which he only ever showed in his other band.

I greatly agree about Durst/LB. I think Creed wouldn't be SO bad without Stapp (Tremonti's other band is basically Creed minus Stapp, and they're nothing special, but at least not gut wrenching). I watched this song earlier http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I6O2Gbfm7Xo&feature=PlayList&p=3793C353EDA07F8A&index=11&playnext=2&playnext_from=PL and Tremonti's solo in it is quite good, I think. Definitely the most interesting part of an otherwise fairly mediocre song.

Alex101
05-04-2009, 08:10 PM
I'll take Limp Biskit over Creed any day.
What do you mean by that?

IamSam
05-04-2009, 08:43 PM
What do you mean by that?

Are you really that fucking dense? He means he would rather listen to Limp Bisket any day of the week than Creed, meaning he hates both, but Creed more!

Christ on a cracker.

Cock Joke
05-04-2009, 09:58 PM
What the fuck is this shit!?

Outerspaceman21
05-04-2009, 11:56 PM
Are you really that fucking dense? He means he would rather listen to Limp Bisket any day of the week than Creed, meaning he hates both, but Creed more!

Christ on a cracker.

Yep... that sums up what I said.

Alex101
05-05-2009, 09:36 AM
What the fuck is this shit!?
All this religion crap, which has nothing to do with Creed's reunion.

IamSam
05-05-2009, 10:22 AM
All this religion crap, which has nothing to do with Creed's reunion.

Besides the fact that Creed is a band and, for all intensive purposes, is a Christian band...it has nothing to do with Creed?

I can see how it has no baring on Creed if you were just talking about the word 'creed' but then again what would have caused the word 'creed' to need a reunion?

Alex101
05-05-2009, 03:50 PM
Besides the fact that Creed is a band and, for all intensive purposes, is a Christian band...it has nothing to do with Creed?

I can see how it has no baring on Creed if you were just talking about the word 'creed' but then again what would have caused the word 'creed' to need a reunion?
Yes, I know Creed is a Christian band, but I don't really think that religion has to do with them reuniting.

dff_punk
05-05-2009, 04:26 PM
Yes, I know Creed is a Christian band, but I don't really think that religion has to do with them reuniting.

It may not have anything to do with them reuniting, but it has a lot to do with the band in general. And always will.. So don't be surprised when in a thread about Creed people suddenly start to talk about religion.

IamSam
05-05-2009, 04:47 PM

http://nickmilne.files.wordpress.com/2008/07/facepalm2sn8.jpg

Llamas
05-05-2009, 04:51 PM
Oh God, Alex... please learn to read and discern. Everything that was said about religion in this thread directly related to Creed...

Outerspaceman21
05-05-2009, 09:18 PM
Whether their religion has anything to do with them reuniting, They are jesus freaks

And whenever anyone mention Creed, the fact they are jesus freaks will be mentioned, along with the fact that they suck.

Just read their lyrics. They were a religious band. Most of their songs were about God and religion. It's pretty obvious.

Higher was about heaven... With Arms Wide Open made references to praying and stuff...

Plus (yes I have a couple Creed albums.. I used to like them) they had a song about God that was called "Faceless Man". lolol

They aren't a religious band. Stapp just referenced religious topics because his family crammed it into him when he was younger (he grew up in a christian family) but he greatly resented them for forcing him to believe in God...

Higher was NOT about heaven. Stapp did and interview where he said the song was about Lucid dreaming, and he wrote it about his past experiences with drugs, acid in particular.

With Arms Wide Open referenced praying, but that doesn't mean they are christian... because they aren't AT ALL. It only referenced praying to get the point across that he didn't want his son to end up like him.

And Faceless Man is about Satan not God. Satan is the "Faceless Man." Read the lyrics... that one is obvious.

Sorry for the rant... I was just reading through the forums and wanted to correct this misconception.

Al Coholic
05-06-2009, 11:13 PM
Creed is back!

Boooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo.

Llamas
05-08-2009, 02:53 PM
They aren't a religious band. Stapp just referenced religious topics because his family crammed it into him when he was younger (he grew up in a christian family) but he greatly resented them for forcing him to believe in God...

Higher was NOT about heaven. Stapp did and interview where he said the song was about Lucid dreaming, and he wrote it about his past experiences with drugs, acid in particular.

With Arms Wide Open referenced praying, but that doesn't mean they are christian... because they aren't AT ALL. It only referenced praying to get the point across that he didn't want his son to end up like him.

And Faceless Man is about Satan not God. Satan is the "Faceless Man." Read the lyrics... that one is obvious.

Sorry for the rant... I was just reading through the forums and wanted to correct this misconception.

I'm sorry, but did you register here just to talk about Creed? Your first post here is arguing that Creed isn't religious. Sorry, not gonna refute your stupid argument.

StayInTheHouseCarl
05-08-2009, 04:49 PM

epic fail for defending creed.

Outerspaceman21
05-08-2009, 07:30 PM
epic fail for defending creed.

No, it's a fail far beyond the standards of epic. Have we ever gone that far? What do we call it?...