PDA

View Full Version : How you struggle with a hangover?

МЫША
05-01-2009, 01:17 AM
Very interestingly, who as gets rid of this vile condition :)

ad8
05-01-2009, 01:44 AM
I drink apple juice and eat my normal breakfast. Maybe I also go get some fresh air, but other than that, I just suffer and wait:D

МЫША
05-01-2009, 02:39 AM
I drink green tea with mint, eat the activated coal and I accept contrast souls. Also I am helped by tomato juice :)

МЫША
05-01-2009, 02:41 AM
Maybe I also go get some fresh air :D Yes, fresh air really helps :)

Offspring-Junkie
05-01-2009, 03:40 AM
Drink again :D Nah, I don't have very bad hangovers, not even headaches. I just feel a bit dizzy the next day, so I get some rest, eat something and that's it.

dff_punk
05-01-2009, 03:48 AM
Drink one beer. But beware, if you drink more, you will end up even worse. I myself tried it multiple times, certainly not a good thing.

the_real_potomek
05-01-2009, 04:23 AM
I'm the lucky person who usually doesn't have hangovers:D But if they happen, I just stay in the bed a bit longer, usually it helps.

Rooster
05-01-2009, 06:40 AM
Speaking of hangovers, i'm "enjoying" a nice hangover right now...:D

Usually i don't like to eat much when i have a hangover, i only drink a lot of water. If the hangover is bad then you should drink water only in small sips at first, and then slowly more and more (if you drink a lot of water in a short time you usually have to throw up, at least that's how it is in my case). If it's not so bad (my today's hangover isn't so bad), then drink as much water as you like, any time you want.

Les Paul Girl
05-01-2009, 06:48 AM
I just stay in the bed a bit longer, usually it helps.

^ This

And also lots of fluids like water, juice or soft drinks.

The Search Button
05-01-2009, 06:55 AM
Liver transplantation.

МЫША
05-01-2009, 08:07 AM
I drink milk at a hangover... the stomach not so hurts...

the_real_potomek
05-01-2009, 08:49 AM
If the hangover is bad then you should drink water only in small sips at first, and then slowly more and more (if you drink a lot of water in a short time you usually have to throw up, at least that's how it is in my case).

hehe, at the next really bad hangover I should try this. I hope it won't come soon, though.

Drafan
05-01-2009, 08:50 AM
Cold shower, pickles, salty foods, green tea

_Lost_
05-01-2009, 09:16 AM
don't have my own personal solution, except to wait it out. unfortunately, the only times i've been hungover (all in recent weeks), i've had to go to work. thats always fun.

Rag Doll
05-01-2009, 10:33 AM
i rarely get hungover because i generally burn off the alcohol before i go to bed.

when i do wakeup hungover, the mens and i usually get burger king onion rings. though i'm sure any overly greasy bad for you food would work...

Oxygene
05-01-2009, 05:34 PM
Pre empt it...

have a full heavy meal before leaving to party

try not mixing the shit you drink, and try not drink cheapass booze that makes you go blind :)

if it this can at all be planned try not to drink anything at least an hour or so before leaving for home (tip: get drunk fast in the beginning)

when you get home
barf
drink plenty of water before going to bed.. at least two big glasses
take some aspirin, calcium whatever you find in the medicine cabinet
have some food

and try and sleep as much as possible

hang over nightmare: drinking fuck loads different kinds of shitty schnaps followed by cheap-ass fake wine and beer and shitty champagne on an empty stomache till you pass out. Then wake up 5 hours later and work an entire day =)

Llamas
05-01-2009, 06:20 PM
i rarely get hungover because i generally burn off the alcohol before i go to bed.
I think this is hugely part of how it is for me, too. I never go to bed still drunk, so I don't wake up hungover.

when i do wakeup hungover, the mens and i usually get burger king onion rings. though i'm sure any overly greasy bad for you food would work...
In the times I have, greasy food helps a LOT.

try not mixing the shit you drink, and try not drink cheapass booze that makes you go blind :)
I actually tend to get sick if I don't switch up my drinks. Too much of the same thing makes me get sick.

and try and sleep as much as possible
This is also true. I don't think I've ever been hungover after a night when I got tons of sleep.

The big thing for me is that I always puke if I drink beer. Beer, or really sweet stuff (pucker, hard lemonade... that overly girly stuff).

Biggest offspring fan
05-01-2009, 06:51 PM
I take two effervescent tablets before i go to bed, they are called ''Bakis'' in swedish wich means ''hangover''. They compensate the vitamins you lost when you're drinking alcohol. This works pretty good if you're not to drunk and forgets to take them.

Another thing i have tried that also work is, drinking two big glasses of water before you go to bed.

nameless
05-01-2009, 07:27 PM
it depends how drunk you do get, when people are quite drunk they normally dont start considering how badly their hangover will be in the morning and start taking action to avoid it, they normally just crash out!

i normally just get up, maybe throw up, have some painkillers for the headache and go back to bed!

Oxygene
05-01-2009, 07:29 PM
it depends how drunk you do get, when people are quite drunk they normally dont start considering how badly their hangover will be in the morning and start taking action to avoid it, they normally just crash out!

i normally just get up, maybe throw up, have some painkillers for the headache and go back to bed!

I'm exactly the other way around.. when I'm not too hammered I get lured into a false sense of security, and think I won't be hung over 'cause I'm not drunk enough. When I'm completley shit face wasted then I know I need to prepare.. plus I hate barfin too much, when I'm not that drunk I'm scared to vomit, when I'm super hammered I don't give a shit :)

come out swinging
05-01-2009, 08:39 PM
Philly steak and cheese hot pocket, chocolate milk, and whatever is in the fridge and cabinet that looks good to eat.

Beaker
05-02-2009, 12:49 AM
i drink 2 litres of coke, it aint gunna help but i still do it, and bargain with god to make it go away,

lol as if i am going to keep my end of the bargain.

dff_punk
05-02-2009, 05:01 AM
A lot of you mentioned greasy food. Does that really work in most cases? I mean, this is the only hangover remedy I never tried cause I was afraid I would puke.. .:o

Alison
05-02-2009, 05:14 AM
Try to lie as still as i can and try hold in the puke...
otherwise, chew on a bit of bread and have a cup of tea

Last time i was hungover, I puked all over my boyfriend's bed. then he made me sleep in it, while he took the clean bed. :(

Oxygene
05-02-2009, 05:49 AM
Try to lie as still as i can and try hold in the puke...
otherwise, chew on a bit of bread and have a cup of tea

Last time i was hungover, I puked all over my boyfriend's bed. then he made me sleep in it, while he took the clean bed. :(

that was mighty gentelmany of him :)

Rag Doll
05-02-2009, 06:11 AM
A lot of you mentioned greasy food. Does that really work in most cases? I mean, this is the only hangover remedy I never tried cause I was afraid I would puke.. .:o

i was afraid to try it but then i had the "worst hangover ever" (lulz) and i figured nothing could make me feel worse and i'd probably puke anyway. so i got burger king onion rings and some coffee and i felt perfectly fine a little bit later.

KHWHD
05-02-2009, 07:25 AM
Best remedy of all is to not drink, then you won't have a hangover. :p

Seriously though, I've also heard that greasy food is good to eat after a hangover. Go have some breakfast somewhere.

_Lost_
05-02-2009, 08:30 AM

it really does. me and my friends often go to hardees. I can't eat if i'm really really nauseous, but it helps.

Amiralanal
05-02-2009, 09:17 AM
Lots of water and McDonalds before going to bed.
Coke (as in coca cola) and a cold shower the day after. That should help.

Smash punker
05-04-2009, 05:42 PM
Iīm workin with hangovers a lot n nothing pretty much helps :D

Rooster
05-04-2009, 07:18 PM
I'm really drunk at the moment (i didn' even plan getting drunk today, but usually it is so - when i don't plan to get drunk, i always end up being drunk as fuck :D)

I'm going to deal with the hangover tomorrow, if i have one - i puked already (made myself go puke, i know that if i puke the hangover will be less terrible).

I won't drink any more, but neither i'll drink any less :D

Being drunk is so awesome...

Italia311
05-04-2009, 08:14 PM
Drink 500ml of Gatorade before I sleep and one when I wake up...works well for me

rockbeer
05-04-2009, 09:24 PM
Water, lots of water before I go to bed. (Attention: it includes lots of peeing during the night)

And when I wake up, I go to a open space with fresh air, put my sunglasses, and then light a smashed cigarette of the night before.

Bipolar Bear
05-04-2009, 09:34 PM
beer & peeing go hand in hand lol

Rooster
05-05-2009, 08:00 AM
My hangover isn't so bad today, my plan worked. I made myself puke before going to bed, completely empty my stomach. Then i drank a few long sips of water. I also had wated near my bed, in case i would need to drink (which i did). I woke up feeling a bit bad, but not too much. I had to go puke again, and then i was completely normal, only sleepy. So slept for 2 more hours or so, then i went to shower, and now i'm feeling just fine.

Damn, this is going to be a hard week. I'm in my student's dorm till thursday (i have free fridays), that means 4 days - and this week is going to be like this:

monday - drinking
tuesday - sobering up
wednesday - drinking (another major party coming up :D)
thursday - sobering up, going home in the evening

Good times are back...

ninthz
05-05-2009, 09:24 AM
Look at all of you amateurs. I hope you feel ashamed.

Smash punker
05-05-2009, 11:58 AM
My hangover isn't so bad today, my plan worked. I made myself puke before going to bed, completely empty my stomach. Then i drank a few long sips of water. I also had wated near my bed, in case i would need to drink (which i did). I woke up feeling a bit bad, but not too much. I had to go puke again, and then i was completely normal, only sleepy. So slept for 2 more hours or so, then i went to shower, and now i'm feeling just fine.

Damn, this is going to be a hard week. I'm in my student's dorm till thursday (i have free fridays), that means 4 days - and this week is going to be like this:

monday - drinking
tuesday - sobering up

Good times are back...

man uīve got to stop puking n start drinking :D

Rooster
05-05-2009, 12:09 PM
man uīve got to stop puking n start drinking :D

Hehe, i wouldn't puke if i wouldn't made myself to, but i wanted to be in a better shape today, because tomorrow there's another party, and i didn't want a terrible hangover to remind me what the day after party is like :D

ninthz
05-05-2009, 12:35 PM
But seriously, how old are you guys? Like, maybe 16? Learn how to be a bitter alcoholic already and stop being all "zomg, i had a smirfnoff ice and i am SOFUCKEDUPLOLBETTERPUKESOICANHAVEANOTHERINTWODAYS."

Rooster
05-05-2009, 12:49 PM
There are days when you want to enjoy a few drinks, and there are days when you just want to get wasted.

Case closed.

Superdope
05-05-2009, 01:11 PM
monday - drinking
tuesday - sobering up

Good times are back...

pffft... you have entire days for sobering up!

Smash punker
05-05-2009, 01:12 PM
But seriously, how old are you guys? Like, maybe 16? Learn how to be a bitter alcoholic already and stop being all "zomg, i had a smirfnoff ice and i am SOFUCKEDUPLOLBETTERPUKESOICANHAVEANOTHERINTWODAYS."

I wish Iīd be 16:D

Smash punker
05-05-2009, 01:13 PM
Hehe, i wouldn't puke if i wouldn't made myself to, but i wanted to be in a better shape today, because tomorrow there's another party, and i didn't want a terrible hangover to remind me what the day after party is like :D

I know this, I used to act like that before, but I got to idea that the more u puke the more u donīt handle it:D

Rooster
05-05-2009, 01:22 PM
I know this, I used to act like that before, but I got to idea that the more u puke the more u donīt handle it:D

Yep, i think the same. This time it was just an, let's say, "urgent" situation.

By the way, last summer me and another mate drank 7 liters of white wine during my aunt's wedding celebration. It took us few hours, but we ate a lot, and alcohol didn't have as strong effect. It's different when you drink slowly, and don't just want to get wasted quick. Plus it was a good wine, not some cheap ass one.

Although we were pretty wasted, there was no hangover the other day. Nobody puked.

МЫША
05-05-2009, 01:50 PM
By the way, last summer me and another mate drank 7 liters of white wine during my aunt's wedding celebration. It took us few hours, but we ate a lot, and alcohol didn't have as strong effect. It's different when you drink slowly, and don't just want to get wasted quick. Plus it was a good wine, not some cheap ass one.
And plus to this all, on weddings (holidays) you move much :)

Smash punker
05-05-2009, 02:19 PM
Yep, i think the same. This time it was just an, let's say, "urgent" situation.

Although we were pretty wasted, there was no hangover the other day. Nobody puked.

Most of the time I drink my slow kinda style, but when I donīt - your style:D

Oxygene
05-05-2009, 02:32 PM

Dude there's a reason CEE has like the most alcoholics per capita.. I haven't seen many of those people here whore older than 12.. seriously :)

ninthz
05-05-2009, 04:23 PM
There are days when you want to enjoy a few drinks, and there are days when you just want to get wasted.

Case closed.
1. Your user title implies heavy drinking, yet you require an entire day to sober up. This is a call-out, it happens. Welcome to the goddamn BBS.
2. I don't have a problem with light drinking days. Yesterday the only drinking I did was like half a forty (classy).
3. Seriously, an entire day for recovery? I drank a bottle of Thunderbird, a few forties of Mickeys, and whatever the fuck my friend bought at the bar one night, walked home blitzed as shit, and landed a two day hangover. Did I sit around moping about being hungover? Negative. I tackle that beast immediately the next day (right after I cleaned the vomit off of my floor). If your user title is going to be about being a zomgalcoholic you shouldn't need AN ENTIRE FUCKING DAY to recover before drinking THE NEXT DAY. It's sad, really. That's what it is.
4. lolfgt

dff_punk
05-05-2009, 04:49 PM
I tackle that beast immediately the next day (right after I cleaned the vomit off of my floor).

How exactly do you tackle it? In fact, that is what the whole thread is about.

RageAndLov
05-05-2009, 05:50 PM
I never get hangovers no matter how much I drink, so it is not a problem for me.

ninthz
05-05-2009, 08:22 PM
How exactly do you tackle it? In fact, that is what the whole thread is about.
Tackle the beast means go back to drinking. Sorry I'm a man and don't moan about headaches and nausea.

Llamas
05-05-2009, 08:23 PM
Tackle the beast means go back to drinking. Sorry I'm a man and don't moan about headaches and nausea.

I totally used your pic in my presentation. Schmeckt gut, man! Rickycrack is jealous of your fame.

ninthz
05-05-2009, 09:08 PM
http://photos-g.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc1/hs032.snc1/4308_556953978319_71803163_32773886_2722119_n.jpg

RickyCrack
05-05-2009, 11:01 PM
FEELS SO FUCKING GOOD, man.

Maria Cortez
05-06-2009, 12:19 AM
i don't know. but when i ask my mum then i'll get back to ya asap ok. sorry. :|

RickyCrack
05-06-2009, 01:24 AM
srsly, raptor, dude you're fucking slavik or something. Stop making my people look like pussies.

Llamas
05-06-2009, 01:59 AM
srsly, raptor, dude you're fucking slavik or something. Stop making my people look like pussies.

How did Raptor look like a pussy? Also, he's Slovenian. :P

RickyCrack
05-06-2009, 02:03 AM
How did Raptor look like a pussy? Also, he's Slovenian. :P

real drinkers, as in serious drinkers, DON'T NEED TO FUCKING WAIT TO DRINK. no like, omg i'm too hungover to drink. NO, SRS DRINKERS ARE LIKE, MAN I FEEL LIKE SHIT, I BETTER HAVE A FUCKING DRINK.

Llamas
05-06-2009, 02:06 AM
real drinkers, as in serious drinkers, DON'T NEED TO FUCKING WAIT TO DRINK. no like, omg i'm too hungover to drink. NO, SRS DRINKERS ARE LIKE, MAN I FEEL LIKE SHIT, I BETTER HAVE A FUCKING DRINK.

Did he claim somewhere that he's a serious drinker?? Maybe I missed it...

RickyCrack
05-06-2009, 02:11 AM
take a quick look as his custom user title

Rooster
05-06-2009, 04:13 AM
I didn't say i NEED the whole day to recover, i only said i HAVE a whole day - i have more than enough time, because i don't have any lessons at the university. I usually recover in a few hours.

A whole day for sobering up would be extreme, so far i never needed a whole day for it. Not even after a few day long drinking spree. Many times i don't even have a hangover. But still, not every time is it so...

edit: and about all the moaning about headaches and shit - i can take that, headaches aren't really a problem, i rarely get a headache when i have a hangover. Also, when you do have a hangover, you have to take it, get over it, and i thought that's what this thread is about... HOW you deal with a hangover. Water is the best, drink a lot before you go to bed, and then it depends on how you feel - if you feel bad, you only drink small sips, but many times; if you don't feel as bad, drink as much water as you want. This would be my advice. About greasy foood... I have yet to try that one.

edit2: actually, i already have tried greasy food, both when i was still drinking (you are able to drink much more that way), and the next day, and it works quite well...

Oxygene
05-06-2009, 06:40 AM
Seriously if you're going to start lecturing other nationalities on alcohol figure out how to make real beer first.. that would be a nice first step :)

I'm considered a middle weight drinker and my record is a liter of whiskey plus change... and that wasn't even trying to drink a lot or competitive drinking or whatever. The only thing more pathetic than "zOMG I had a smirnoff ice and I'm so wasted" is "zOMG if I had a smirnoff ice I am so not wasted... and zOMG I'm more of a man than you and a heavier drinker"

Stop the bullshit penis measuring competition it's pointless. How you handle hangovers has to do with your metabolism not manhood.

Llamas
05-06-2009, 11:43 AM
So apparently I missed a lot of previous discussion before my posts. I went back and read it, and all I'm thinking now is that I agree with this:

Stop the bullshit penis measuring competition it's pointless. How you handle hangovers has to do with your metabolism not manhood.
I hate it when people brag about being an awesome drinker and how hung over they get and how much they can drink and etc etc. So lame.

Seriously if you're going to start lecturing other nationalities on alcohol figure out how to make real beer first.. that would be a nice first step :)

I do hate this misconception... I bet the American beers you've tried are something like Miller, Budweiser, Coors or Michelob. You can't judge all American beer off our hugely commercial exports. I don't drink that shit; it's nasty. But just because those types of watered down bitter water beer are the most commercial here doesn't mean we don't know how to make good beer, as well. You just can't our good stuff outside the US.

Al Coholic
05-06-2009, 12:56 PM
Allright, there's three reasons you feel like shit during a hangover:

1. Dehydration
2. Blood Sugar
3. You're an amateur

Starting with the last one, there's no good reason to have a hangover. Unless you like to drink untill you lose conciousness, you should pre-emptively take care of your hangover. Drink lots and lots of water. I drink water while drinking alcohol, and end the night with several tall glasses. Also, eat some greasy food. Burgers, tacos, whatever. They've got a little protein, carbs, and a lot of fat(which actually absorbs alcohol), and that all together will help bring your blood sugar back to normal so you don't wake up feeling nausious.

If you made the mistake of passing out drunk and already woke up with a hangover, the rules still apply. I like to take exedrin as far as OTC's go for the headache, its got aspirin, tylenol, and caffeine. I take a lot of them. Sometimes coffee sounds disgusting during a hangover, but anybody can take a few pills to feel good.

So you drink a lot of water/gatorade/what have you and pretty quickly take care of your dehydration, and the exedrin takes care of your headache, but the blood sugar imbalance may have you feeling queasy all day. Force yourself to eat, and eat food you know well and eat a lot - your body doesn't need any curve balls. Eat lots of fatty food and walk around a bit, stretch, maybe go out in the sun if its a nice day. By the end of all that you'll feel as good as you can.

Alternatively, just eat a little something and go back to drinking. Once you're back into the swing of things your hangover tends to fade a little.

Al Coholic
05-06-2009, 01:02 PM
I do hate this misconception... I bet the American beers you've tried are something like Miller, Budweiser, Coors or Michelob. You can't judge all American beer off our hugely commercial exports. I don't drink that shit; it's nasty. But just because those types of watered down bitter water beer are the most commercial here doesn't mean we don't know how to make good beer, as well. You just can't our good stuff outside the US.

Oxy - This is the truth man. You're basing your opinion of American beer on the four or five most often drank beers? That's like me basing my opinion of Hungarian pussy on the four or five most often fucked women, and then concluding that all your women are diseased, loose whores.

Oxygene
05-06-2009, 03:01 PM

I couldn't get any of your good stuff within the US either.. the only decent beer I found was available almost everywhere was Heineken..

Oxy - This is the truth man. You're basing your opinion of American beer on the four or five most often drank beers? That's like me basing my opinion of Hungarian pussy on the four or five most often fucked women, and then concluding that all your women are diseased, loose whores.

Be that as it may (it isn't but whatever) american beers have yet to turn up on rock bands catering riders... there's a reason ;)

Al Coholic
05-06-2009, 07:02 PM
Because craft beers are often hard to get a hold of in mass quantity?

Or perhaps because rock bands get that shit for free from corporate sponsors?

Then again what the fuck kind of standard is that? How about just go by taste?

Llamas
05-06-2009, 08:11 PM
Oxy, a few things.

I should start off by mentioning the fact that I hated beer until I went to Europe. I had the same opinion of our beer as you do, but I didn't realize there was good beer out there. I experienced Austrian, German, and Belgian beers and realized there is a beer God... then I came back and was like "FUCK!" It took me a while actually to realize how differently beer works here. There are VERY VERY few GOOD American beers that are widely available everywhere. That's not because we don't have awesome beers; it's because it's a large country with very localized brewing.

If you ever come to the US again, go to Milwaukee, Wisconsin and hit up some bars. Don't get the commercialized Milwaukee beers; get the stuff that you can't really find outside Wisconsin very easily. Then if you go to Boston and you'll find that you can't find any of those awesome Wisconsin beers there, but they have their OWN beers. A huge thing we have are microbrews. Those are beers that are brewed in a specific bar only and you can't get them anywhere besides that bar.

Heineken is better than nearly all popular commercial American beer, but SHIT compared to a lot of microbrews. I love me some Spotted Cow... but I'm not sure you can find that outside of Wisconsin. I also enjoy Summit IPA, which is brewed in Minnesota. It's all relative to where you are.

WebDudette
05-06-2009, 08:44 PM
Really, Heineken? I didn't like it at all. I pretty much always drink disgusting mainstream beer. It's cheap and if I want something tasty I typically go for hard alcohol. I think the only really good beer I have had is Samuel Adams Chocolate Bock. They only make it during the Holiday season and it is $15 a bottle, but it is pretty amazing.

Concerning hang overs, I drink and eat a lot. But most important of all, I take a shower. No matter the ailment, showers always make me feel a little bit better.

ninthz
05-06-2009, 10:17 PM
Sorry that I happen to frequent PBR and Steel Reserve. Not a dick measuring contest, because I already consider my self superior to just about every other bbs user. Leinenkugel Red or Blue Moon are really good beers, stop being eurofags and playing that whole deal. No one cares, least of all anyone here.

ps: I found Oxy's statements cute. Like, kind of in a "baawwww, that's cute!" way.

WebDudette
05-06-2009, 10:35 PM
At least you aren't drinking schlitz. It taste like pennies. I've had a lot of Steel Reserve and Milwaukee's Best. I don't think I've ever had PBR though.

ninthz
05-06-2009, 10:44 PM
I've actually never had Milwaukee's Beast.

Al Coholic
05-06-2009, 11:06 PM
The best Malt Liquor beers are, IMO:

Mickey's
Olde English
Colt 45
Schlitz
Hurricane
Steel Reserve

There's a lot of others but that's whats available in 40's/16 oz cans around here.

Europeans often confuse our demand for cheap beer with bad taste in beer. We're a culture that often drinks for quantity, and not quality. Besides, once you've had a few it don't really matter.

Our non-malted cheapest beers are often low-quality beers made from the remnants of decent beers. Budweiser's remnents produce Natty, for example. When selecting from the cheapest cases of beer, my favorite is Keystone Light, which is derived from Coors Light.

Rutegard
05-07-2009, 02:44 AM
Very interestingly, who as gets rid of this vile condition :)

that's the funny part! u just donīt! u embrace it and enjoy the pain

usually it works for me

Rooster
05-07-2009, 04:59 AM
Been drunk yesterday again, absolutely NO hangover today.

I just drank a lot of water before going to bed (and i mean A LOT of water), and then i drank some more when i woke up. I feel perfectly fine.

Sofinch
05-07-2009, 05:16 AM
I take care I don't have one
here's the secret to succes:
right after you stopped drinken ... you vomit ...

Rutegard
05-07-2009, 05:27 AM
I take care I don't have one
here's the secret to succes:
right after you stopped drinken ... you vomit ...

bbaaaahhhhh thats horrible!!!

Oxygene
05-07-2009, 10:21 AM
Oxy, a few things.

I should start off by mentioning the fact that I hated beer until I went to Europe. I had the same opinion of our beer as you do, but I didn't realize there was good beer out there. I experienced Austrian, German, and Belgian beers and realized there is a beer God... then I came back and was like "FUCK!" It took me a while actually to realize how differently beer works here. There are VERY VERY few GOOD American beers that are widely available everywhere. That's not because we don't have awesome beers; it's because it's a large country with very localized brewing.

If you ever come to the US again, go to Milwaukee, Wisconsin and hit up some bars. Don't get the commercialized Milwaukee beers; get the stuff that you can't really find outside Wisconsin very easily. Then if you go to Boston and you'll find that you can't find any of those awesome Wisconsin beers there, but they have their OWN beers. A huge thing we have are microbrews. Those are beers that are brewed in a specific bar only and you can't get them anywhere besides that bar.

Heineken is better than nearly all popular commercial American beer, but SHIT compared to a lot of microbrews. I love me some Spotted Cow... but I'm not sure you can find that outside of Wisconsin. I also enjoy Summit IPA, which is brewed in Minnesota. It's all relative to where you are.

Obviously a point of "no american beer is good" couldn't be defensible for the sole reason that I haven't had all american beer. This was a straw man argument of sorts, and by reacting maturely you've taken all the fun out of it. :D

But you and I both know that the majority of american beer is shit where as almost non of the European beer is.. there is a bit of irony in the fact that my favorite beer is actually american. Corona :)

Because craft beers are often hard to get a hold of in mass quantity?

Or perhaps because rock bands get that shit for free from corporate sponsors?

Then again what the fuck kind of standard is that? How about just go by taste?

1) so is a whole lot shit on catering riders "no brown ones please"
2) and they carry it along with them selves to shows? :)
3) It's pretty interesting and objective standard =)

Llamas
05-07-2009, 04:17 PM
Obviously a point of "no american beer is good" couldn't be defensible for the sole reason that I haven't had all american beer. This was a straw man argument of sorts, and by reacting maturely you've taken all the fun out of it. :D

But you and I both know that the majority of american beer is shit where as almost non of the European beer is.. there is a bit of irony in the fact that my favorite beer is actually american. Corona :)

Ewwww you have terrible taste in beers! Heineken and Corona??? Your opinion is officially irrelevant :P

RickyCrack
05-07-2009, 05:14 PM
corona is mexican and full of swine flu

renato piquette
05-07-2009, 05:19 PM

corona is mexican and swine flu is american (if it is even real)

Oxygene
05-08-2009, 05:25 AM
Ewwww you have terrible taste in beers! Heineken and Corona??? Your opinion is officially irrelevant :P

I hate beer so i better be irrelevant... that doesn't mean I can't tell which beers are worse then others.

last I checked north america was american

ninthz
05-08-2009, 09:33 AM
corona is mexican and swine flu is american (if it is even real)
Not so fast there. You keep your Mexican Propaganda in Mexico.

last I checked north america was american
You have got to be some kind of asshole. Like, are you even serious about this? It kind of looks like you're trolling, but you've already established how stubbornly dense you are in the past. Please stop.

T-6005
05-08-2009, 09:54 AM

Well, that's just mean.

I won't endorse Corona, but I do quite enjoy Heineken - of the widely available mass-market worldwide beers, it is by far my favorite.

Though when I can really choose I go with Keith's.

Llamas
05-08-2009, 03:26 PM
You have got to be some kind of asshole. Like, are you even serious about this? It kind of looks like you're trolling, but you've already established how stubbornly dense you are in the past. Please stop.
My exact sentiments. I was going to reply to him, but this is exactly what I would've said. ^5, dawg.

Well, that's just mean.

I won't endorse Corona, but I do quite enjoy Heineken - of the widely available mass-market worldwide beers, it is by far my favorite.

Though when I can really choose I go with Keith's.

I was kinda kidding; I don't really mean that, but I think it's silly to so strongly argue against something when you like something so similar.

МЫША
05-08-2009, 04:27 PM
Tomorrow and after tomorrow me expects big a hangover... Wish me of good luck :D:D:D:D

Rooster
05-09-2009, 11:30 PM
Yesterday i was drunk again, this time totally unexpected. One of my friends invited me to the party for his 25th birthday. Hell of a party, it went excellent.

I was drunk as fuck, but i ate a lot of greasy food, and drank a lot of water when i came home.

Again, no hangover today :D

MindlessSelfIndulgent
05-10-2009, 03:29 AM
Juuup, water and junkfood. Works eeeverytime.
And everyday, in my case :P I have problems dehydrating.. So, just lots of water and salt. And maybe just some white bread, pasta or potatos to absorb the water, if you don't eat junkfood..

JoY
05-10-2009, 04:12 AM
if I have a feeling it's going to be really bad, I take two paracetamols with plenty of water in the evening, before going to bed. that's to help me sleep it out & get hydrated. the next morning I start again with two glasses of water & an egg, boiled or baked, for breakfast. so water against the dehydration causing the headache & proteins to help the tummy ache.

Oxygene
05-10-2009, 04:57 AM
You have got to be some kind of asshole. Like, are you even serious about this? It kind of looks like you're trolling, but you've already established how stubbornly dense you are in the past. Please
stop.

Um, if you don't see the humor in the hypocrisy of the fact that while I was speaking out against american beers, when in fact my favorite beer is technically american, then it's best to stay quite. Not only does that make you look wise but you might get away with people believing you actually have an IQ that surpasses room temeprature. In C. Not to mention the upside that it makes you look like a nice n00b :D

My exact sentiments. I was going to reply to him, but this is exactly what I would've said. ^5, dawg.

If you can take a minute to pull his dick out of your mouth, I'd like to confirm that you do seem pretty fit for the rural eastern european lifestyle.. wise decision to stay out of the big city :)

JoY
05-10-2009, 05:13 AM
jesus, what the hell is going on?? this is a happy topic, people, about drinking & boozing.

there's no way in hell you're ever going to top ninthz IQ-wise, or beat him in an argument. would his IQ not surpass room temperature, it's gotta be damn hot in here. I suggest you quit trying, before anyone gets hurt. & the day Mexico is in North America, is the day we look at the globe from the angle of the North Pole.

Oxygene
05-10-2009, 08:15 AM
there's no way in hell you're ever going to top ninthz IQ-wise, or beat him in an argument. would his IQ not surpass room temperature, it's gotta be damn hot in here.

Ooooo I'm scared. How many more of his ass kissers did he call to defend him do you know?

Trust me I'm very excited about him impressing you.. Esp 'cause it says more about you than him anyway.

SweetTatyana
05-10-2009, 08:37 AM
Unless your counting room temperature in kelvins :P

Why does this board so often have to be about insulting intelligence and IQ? I do not believe you can get a fair assessment of somebody's potential by reading posts they wrote on BBS. Really, even if you could, is it really necessary to try and make people feel inferior or idiotic?

Anyway I am super hungover:(

Oxygene
05-10-2009, 08:52 AM
Unless your counting room temperature in kelvins :P

And we're up to 3...

Why does this board so often have to be about insulting intelligence and IQ? I do not believe you can get a fair assessment of somebody's potential by reading posts they wrote on BBS.

It's safe to say anyone who calls another person an asshole for calling mexico an american country isn't going to be winning the nobel prize for math any time soon.

Really, even if you could, is it really necessary to try and make people feel inferior or idiotic?

No it isn't.. but you should really zip through the post first to see who attempted that first. You know.. to be fair.

Anyway I am super hungover:(

Who'd've thunk... judging by your post you're probably still hammered ;)

ninthz
05-10-2009, 09:44 AM
It's a conspiracy, oh my. Because, you know, I'm totally calling in people to defend me against you. Because you're completely superior to me and not a dense faggot at all, you faggot. Congratulations, you live in Eastern Europe and your life sucks.

ps: Not really hungover at all. Taste of stale drugs and alcohol will linger for a few hours, but I'm used to it at this point. I realized I may have to pump the breaks on the lifestyle a bit when I went to the gym yesterday and my sweat smelled like a mix of marijuana and booze. But I'll probably get wrecked today.

Oxygene
05-10-2009, 09:51 AM
It's a conspiracy, oh my. Because, you know, I'm totally calling in people to defend me against you. Because you're completely superior to me and not a dense faggot at all, you faggot. Congratulations, you live in Eastern Europe and your life sucks.

No of course you aren't.. you're getting your dick sucked voluntarily. More power to you.

So ad midst the whole boozing / smoking being zOMG so cool did you get a chance to look at a map or a globe or something? I mean you only have two neighboring countries how hard could it be to memorize them right?

Tell me why my life sucks again, and what that has to do with where I live?

ninthz
05-10-2009, 10:01 AM
No of course you aren't.. you're getting your dick sucked voluntarily. More power to you.
Wouldn't that be a glorious experience? I mean, you'd have to imagine it. But just imagine it for a while. Feels good man.

So ad midst the whole boozing / smoking being zOMG so cool did you get a chance to look at a map or a globe or something? I mean you only have two neighboring countries how hard could it be to memorize them right?
Oh hey, remember when I said something about pumping the breaks about five inches up this page? I don't try to glorify my lifestyle, I just experience it and make notations. I know geography and you're attempting a strawman offensive, because that's all you're capable of doing.

Tell me why my life sucks again, and what that has to do with where I live?
You're too old for teen angst and yet you're full of it. Pretty much the definition of a shit life. You're the butthurt-obsessive type, you know this right?

Oxygene
05-10-2009, 10:03 AM
Wouldn't that be a glorious experience? I mean, you'd have to imagine it. But just imagine it for a while. Feels good man.

Oh hey, remember when I said something about pumping the breaks about five inches up this page? I don't try to glorify my lifestyle, I just experience it and make notations. I know geography and you're attempting a strawman offensive, because that's all you're capable of doing.

You're too old for teen angst and yet you're full of it. Pretty much the definition of a shit life. You're the butthurt-obsessive type, you know this right?

If only you were trying to be funny...

ad8
05-10-2009, 10:06 AM
I knew this thread was going to go this way. Does that affect my IQ?

ninthz
05-10-2009, 10:06 AM
http://www.fallibleblogma.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/01/straw-man.jpg

SweetTatyana
05-10-2009, 10:10 AM
Really Oxygene? That post wasn't actually against you it was more of an assessment that has been going on in various threads. And no I am not still hammered, my post makes sense, more sense than trying to put people down and wasting your time picking fights on a BBS.

Also, don't talk to lamas like that, its disgusting

ninthz
05-10-2009, 10:22 AM
I've never thought much of Tatyana, but she definitely just lived up to her self-titled sweetness. Like, the end comment about being nice to Llamas was just straight nice/sweet. Good job.

Oxygene
05-10-2009, 12:35 PM
http://www.fallibleblogma.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/01/straw-man.jpg

It's nice to see you've been blessed with some self-awareness.

ninthz
05-10-2009, 01:21 PM
Critical thinking is a life skill. You setup strawman offensives because you're wholly incapable of creating a sound argument. Stop dragging the point out, you've already more than established that you have all the charm and charisma of a flaccid dick and everyone gets it at this point.

ps: I like how you tried to use the fact that I'm more popular and well-liked here than you against me. Like, for fucking duh people like me more. Should I be upset about this?

ninthz
05-10-2009, 03:09 PM
Ninthz, you shut the fuck up.
You really, really, really, really, but REALLY annoy the stuffing out of me. Obnoxious, strutting prick.
=(
ps: lolstuffing

And talking about stuffing, you will of course, with your stratospheric IQ, be aware that in The Wizard of Oz, the strawman, initially thought of as dense and thick as can be, is actually the cleverest fellow out there. And the tinman, really the one with a heart of gold, though he is said to have no heart at the outset. It's a parable. Go revise your classics already.
1. I didn't bring up my IQ. I've never even bothered to find out what it is. I didn't take the ACTs or STATs either. Standardized testing is for grade school.
2. The Strawman from Wizard of Oz was the first thing relevant thing that came up when I googled "strawman". It was a statement regarding Oxy's lack of style in arguments, not the actual character from the movie.
3. My classics consist of Baudelaire (hi, this one is for you), Rand, Carver, and Vonnegut.

Oxygene
05-10-2009, 03:21 PM
Critical thinking is a life skill. You setup strawman offensives because you're wholly incapable of creating a sound argument. Stop dragging the point out, you've already more than established that you have all the charm and charisma of a flaccid dick and everyone gets it at this point.

It's very impressive how you're so preoccupied with what everyone thinks, and actually draw a conclusion from it. Hitler was elected by popular vote.

I rest my case.

ps: I like how you tried to use the fact that I'm more popular and well-liked here than you against me. Like, for fucking duh people like me more. Should I be upset about this?

Yeah popularity is very important... for everyone! We're all hooked on the Offspring because they are the most popular band in the world. Oh no .. wait. They aren't.

Rats!

Oxygene
05-10-2009, 03:28 PM
Ninthz, you shut the fuck up.
You really, really, really, really, but REALLY annoy the stuffing out of me. Obnoxious, strutting prick.

Oh noez.. there goes your popularity :)

1. I didn't bring up my IQ. I've never even bothered to find out what it is. I didn't take the ACTs or STATs either. Standardized testing is for grade school.

Yeah if I were you I wouldn't bother either. Like who needs and IQ when some is like as popular as like you are. Like WHAT ever!

2. The Strawman from Wizard of Oz was the first thing relevant thing that came up when I googled "strawman". It was a statement regarding Oxy's lack of style in arguments, not the actual character from the movie.

Go look up the definition.

3. My classics consist of Baudelaire (hi, this one is for you), Rand, Carver, and Vonnegut.

Impressive like googles skillz... is that what like makes you like so pupular and like so well like liked? :D

You amuse me keep writing! I wonder how deep you can dig yourself...

ninthz
05-10-2009, 03:41 PM
Hitler was elected by popular vote.
Oh, you just lost. You just lost hard. Successful troll is successful.

Aww, that saddie face. Sweetiepie, I still love you. *chorus taking up*

Please, try not be too gruff to folks when I'm gone.
This brought a very boyish smile to my face.

Oxygene
05-10-2009, 03:49 PM
Oh, you just lost. You just lost hard. Successful troll is successful.

I wonder how many more times I can get you to basically say nothing new in your desperate and pathetic attempt to get the last word :)

I'm thinking 50...

RickyCrack
05-10-2009, 03:58 PM
It's very impressive how you're so preoccupied with what everyone thinks, and actually draw a conclusion from it. Hitler was elected by popular vote.

I rest my case.

godwins law

ninthz
05-10-2009, 03:58 PM
You're no TripBoy and I'm not Linda. Sorry baller, feels good man. Feels good.

Oxygene
05-10-2009, 03:59 PM
godwins law

yeah I always win.. it's the law :)

I think.

RickyCrack
05-10-2009, 04:02 PM
http://theithacan.org/blogs/thespectrum/files/2008/10/regarding_mussolini.png