PDA

View Full Version : Rent - the musical

RonWelty
05-02-2009, 03:53 PM
Guys, What do you think of "RENT"? Have you saw it?

Post here your thoughts about this great musical!

RageAndLov
05-02-2009, 04:32 PM
Haven't sawn it sorry. Across the Universe was a cool musical though.

RonWelty
05-02-2009, 04:45 PM
Haven't sawn it sorry. Across the Universe was a cool musical though.

You have to check RENT: It was the NIRVANA of Broadway Musicals.

T-6005
05-02-2009, 05:44 PM
I saw the movie RENT, which was quite fantastic.

Little_Miss_1565
05-02-2009, 10:26 PM
I saw Rent on Broadway twice, long before the movie version came out. I feel like part of the magic of the show was how gritty it was staged. The film is so much more slick. That scene at the beginning with the burning rent checks, the hugeness of Maureen's show setup, the whole awkwardly added in gay wedding thing...not even the play asks for this much suspension of disbelief. It also cuts out so many great songs, and cuts out the part where they're all banging. I could never figure out...Mark is in that scene in the play, but it's all played under a sheet so there's no telling who's doing what to whom. But Mark is single throughout the whole show! Threeway with Maureen and Joann?

RonWelty
05-03-2009, 02:54 AM
I saw Rent on Broadway twice, long before the movie version came out. I feel like part of the magic of the show was how gritty it was staged. The film is so much more slick. That scene at the beginning with the burning rent checks, the hugeness of Maureen's show setup, the whole awkwardly added in gay wedding thing...not even the play asks for this much suspension of disbelief. It also cuts out so many great songs, and cuts out the part where they're all banging. I could never figure out...Mark is in that scene in the play, but it's all played under a sheet so there's no telling who's doing what to whom. But Mark is single throughout the whole show! Threeway with Maureen and Joann?

I hate that "Banging" part. I saw it one time on Broadway and one time on a Portuguese adaptation.
OBC is way too much better than the cast I saw and than the last cast, that was recorded in that "RENT FILMED ON BROADWAY". No one can beat Rapp, Pascal, Daphne or Jesse and Wilson. Also the couple Taye and Idina rocks too.
For me RENT has such a great meaning and such great rock song that it's a MUST SEE. IMO, Phantom of the Opera will be forever the biggest and best Musical ever, but RENT is what suits better for our generation: "Mucho Masturbation" lol.