PDA

View Full Version : journalism - why not?

Superdope
05-03-2009, 03:45 PM
Yesterday I was at an entrance exam for the School of Journalism in Århus. I've wanted to be a journalist for quite some time now, but they only take in a couple hundred students every semester, about 25 % of the people applying for it, but I feel pretty good about how the tests went.

The tests are divided into two parts, one where you write articles, and one were they test to see if you are grammaticaly inept or not, and also ask you a bunch of questions ranging from highly relevant news items, to the absurd. Nobody has ever answered correctly on all of the questions in the history of the school.

That is all.

RageAndLov
05-03-2009, 03:50 PM
Lykke til!

dff_punk
05-03-2009, 04:21 PM
I am studying journalism, I'm in the fifth(and final) grade right now. When I was applying to the school, one of the tests was about the knowledge of the actual state of things. It was 2004, and Reagan had died that year, so they showed me a picture of him if I could tell who he is. I didn't recognise him, but then I looked in the Internet Explorer URL, and it showed "http://blablabla//reagan.jpg. So I said: "That's the former president of USA Ronald Reagan!" And they were like: "Wow, good."

RageAndLov
05-03-2009, 04:31 PM
I am studying journalism, I'm in the fifth(and final) grade right now. When I was applying to the school, one of the tests was about the knowledge of the actual state of things. It was 2004, and Reagan had died that year, so they showed me a picture of him if I could tell who he is. I didn't recognise him, but then I looked in the Internet Explorer URL, and it showed "http://blablabla//reagan.jpg. So I said: "That's the former president of USA Ronald Reagan!" And they were like: "Wow, good."

Hahaha nice! :D

m.offspring.r
05-03-2009, 04:35 PM

LOOOOOL :D :D

So, this is one way to pass on exam: look carefully the picture to see an url :D ..... is the hint! :D

wheelchairman
05-03-2009, 05:16 PM
Yeah everyone taking journalism at RUC seems to have to wait at least one semester.

lol Århus.

Oxygene
05-03-2009, 05:17 PM
My moms a jurnalist... she's awesome :)

Free?
05-03-2009, 05:37 PM
Dff, you gotta be a detective not journalist with your skillz!

Outerspaceman21
05-03-2009, 06:00 PM
I wanted to be a Journalist for a while, but then I realized I like creative writing more. I should have stuck with it because I picked up a copy of our school newspaper and it was bad.

Plus the way things are changing in the world, what with newspapers dying in favor of internet journalism, the life of a journalist wouldn't be a very profitible one. So now I'm becoming an english teacher, which isn't a very safe career anymore.