PDA

View Full Version : People at work are out to get me.

_Lost_
05-04-2009, 03:39 PM
I just got suspended for a week for something I didn't do, but everyone seems to be accusing me of. What in the fuck am I supposed to do now?? I'm flat broke and thats $200 I'm not gonna have now.

KHWHD
05-04-2009, 03:41 PM
Do they have a Labour Relations Board in the States?

_Lost_
05-04-2009, 03:51 PM
yeah they do.

KHWHD
05-04-2009, 03:52 PM
yeah they do.

Try giving them a call and explain your situation to see if they can help or refer you to someone that can.

Llamas
05-04-2009, 05:26 PM
Steak and Shake or Mad Science?

JohnnyNemesis
05-04-2009, 05:28 PM
needz moar details.

randman21
05-04-2009, 05:48 PM
Steak and Shake or Mad Science?
Considering it's $200, I bet it's Mad Science.

needz moar details.
This.

And yeah, it is one of the most frustrating types of situations ever, when you try to explain your case and no one listens. Like that time I got in trouble in high school for stealing a PlayStation out of a classroom for special needs kids. I totally didn't do it, but it totally looked like I did from the surveillance tape. But this isn't about me...

wheelchairman
05-04-2009, 06:06 PM
This is one of those situations that sucks because it reminds you of your parents, and of them saying why you should save up money.

Because you don't want to end up in the situation where if you don't work for one week you're fucked. I've never been directly in that situation, but close enough to know how much it sucks.

Also your work is retarded. You break something, so they suspend you for a week....uh.... why? So they can lose more money by having less people work?

AllIn All It's Not So Bad
05-04-2009, 06:10 PM
how broke are you
like broke i can afford to not pay one bill
or fucked up broke like my energy is geting cut off
or kick out of house/apartment

_Lost_
05-04-2009, 06:11 PM
steaknshake

they suspended me because i was being accused of "picking and choosing" my tables. I had $100 in my pocket, was totally exhausted and everyone else had like $30 so i wasn't taking many tables. Why in the fuck was i still on the floor in the first place? I had been there for 8 hours (clocked in at 11am). everyone else came in at 5. they can all kiss my ass. and actually, i think its closer to $300 that I'm gonna lose. Business has picked up since its warmed up.

they suspended me because someone else accused me of the same thing a week ago (that time can't even be misconstrued as picking and choosing. that guy was just pissy because it was 10 mins to closing and he got stuck with a 10 top. He was the fucking closer! He would've been stuck there anyway.)

_Lost_
05-04-2009, 06:12 PM
how broke are you
like broke i can afford to not pay one bill
or fucked up broke like my energy is geting cut off
or kick out of house/apartment

like, i have enough money in my bank account to pay my phone bill and for one tank of gas. nothing left for groceries or anything else.

05-04-2009, 06:14 PM
ohhhhhhhhh groceries
i sugest u ration
steal if necesary
but u have to have connections and friends who are down for that

Llamas
05-04-2009, 06:46 PM
Umm wtf? Don't you get assigned sections? If there are only two people on, don't you split the dining room down the middle and take whoever is sat in your section? How is it possible to not take a table you were sat without just saying "hey would you mind picking up table 41 for me?" I seriously don't get it.

Homer
05-04-2009, 07:03 PM
stuff

Did you tell them all of this?

Outerspaceman21
05-04-2009, 07:38 PM
steaknshake

they suspended me because i was being accused of "picking and choosing" my tables. I had $100 in my pocket, was totally exhausted and everyone else had like $30 so i wasn't taking many tables. Why in the fuck was i still on the floor in the first place? I had been there for 8 hours (clocked in at 11am). everyone else came in at 5. they can all kiss my ass. and actually, i think its closer to $300 that I'm gonna lose. Business has picked up since its warmed up.

they suspended me because someone else accused me of the same thing a week ago (that time can't even be misconstrued as picking and choosing. that guy was just pissy because it was 10 mins to closing and he got stuck with a 10 top. He was the fucking closer! He would've been stuck there anyway.)

There is only one thing I can recommand in this kind of situation...

VENGEANCE!!!

Give me the names of those who wronged you and I will take care of it from there.

wheelchairman
05-04-2009, 08:13 PM
What an arbitrary and bullshit way of 'punishing' people. Is your employer a sadist?

RickyCrack
05-04-2009, 08:16 PM
i am confused about this.

Rutegard
05-05-2009, 02:16 AM
VENGEANCE!!!

im with him

sorry to hear bout it.

_Lost_
05-05-2009, 07:45 AM
Umm wtf? Don't you get assigned sections? If there are only two people on, don't you split the dining room down the middle and take whoever is sat in your section? How is it possible to not take a table you were sat without just saying "hey would you mind picking up table 41 for me?" I seriously don't get it.

this.

whats wrong with doing that? I was working on my sidework!

Did you tell them all of this?
didn't get an opportunity. she called last night "don't come in to work tomorrow. You've been suspended for picking and choosing tables. Come in next monday and we'll see about putting you back on the schedule."

ninthz
05-05-2009, 08:18 AM
Steaked and shook.

Oxygene
05-05-2009, 01:33 PM
get an office job

_Lost_
05-05-2009, 03:18 PM
Thanks for the advice. :rolleyes:

I was a favorite of my main managers. The general manager didn't like me and the first shift supervisor HATES me for some unknown reason. The other people I work with are jealous I guess, because I ALWAYS make more money than them. ALWAYS.

I'm in the process of getting a new job at the Subway my friend works at. Its not ideal, but it'll do for now.

RageAndLov
05-05-2009, 04:12 PM
I think it is really unprofessional by your boss to not hear your side of the story. Isn't it a human right to have a "trial" before getting punished?

_Lost_
05-05-2009, 08:53 PM
Steak'n'Shake takes itself far too seriously without any reason whatsoever.

ninthz
05-05-2009, 09:21 PM
I really want some Wendys right now.

2JBC - no tomato
1 5 piece nugget with barbecue sauce
VALUE fries (which always sounds so gay but I ALWAYS say it)
and a small doctor pepper

This is what I get when I go to Wendys.

_Lost_
05-06-2009, 10:44 AM
My brother got fired from Wendy's recently.

RageAndLov
05-06-2009, 10:46 AM
My brother got fired from Wendy's recently.

Is your family not very liked by owners of diners?

_Lost_
05-06-2009, 10:49 AM
My brother gets fired from everywhere he works.

RageAndLov
05-06-2009, 11:07 AM
My brother gets fired from everywhere he works.

Oh. Why is that?

SweetTatyana
05-06-2009, 11:54 AM
I've only worked at a few restaurants but I have noticed a trend with managers having huge vendettas and favourites without a lot of reason. One manager absolutely loved me and let me break rules all the time and I barely ever worked with her and she was really mean to a lot of servers but then one of the two GMs hated me and kept calling me by the wrong name. I barely interacted with either of them.

Bipolar Bear
05-06-2009, 01:33 PM
My poetry teacher is out to get me.

I had genuinely forgotten to add a works cited page, which was only worth like 5 marks. He said, "you seem to think that my marking is strictly mathematical. If I see that you don't make an effort, I'll mark you down, regardless of how good you think your essay is."

I don't bother kissing his ass, unlike some other people. He doesn't really have a reason to act like a jerk. He obviously is aware that his marking is subjective and unfair. I could care less though.

Beaker
05-07-2009, 05:40 PM
working in the food industry is tough.
my boss harasses all the girls at work. discusting. :(

my histotechniques lecturer is the one out to get me. no essay i wright is good enough for her taste. every other lecturer i have marks me well. :mad:

i guess it makes me try and improve.

Llamas
05-07-2009, 06:43 PM
I've only worked at a few restaurants but I have noticed a trend with managers having huge vendettas and favourites without a lot of reason. One manager absolutely loved me and let me break rules all the time and I barely ever worked with her and she was really mean to a lot of servers but then one of the two GMs hated me and kept calling me by the wrong name. I barely interacted with either of them.

The manager of the restaurant I work at has pretty much hated me since a few weeks after I started. It's so funny... the last time I worked a shift with him was the beginning of January, and he almost fired me. Every time I saw him for months leading up til then, he would always search to find something to reprimand me about. Since the day he almost fired me (I started crying and he got awkward and said I should come in later in the week to talk about what I'm doing wrong... I never went in cause I was sick), I never work with him, and on the occasion I see him, he finds something to correct me for, especially those stupid guest surveys... he considers anything below 90% to be bad, and most of the questions on them aren't about the server. So he's always like "you got bad surveys again. this isn't okay." So lately I've been having friends fill out surveys for me so I'm getting all these really high scores, and I saw him on Sunday briefly... he saw me, looked me over and said, "You need to tuck in your shirt." And that was it. As he was leaving, he shook my hand and said, "Long time, no see." I was like, "lololol can't you even pretend to like me? Maybe actually compliment me on these great surveys I got??" (Sure, they're fake, but he doesn't know that!)

Anyway, my point is that it's true. Bosses in the food service pretty much have to be super tough assholes in order to not break under what shitty jobs they have... and if they're not mean to EVERYONE, they have to have a few people to take out their superiority on. It's pretty sick.

Cock Joke
05-07-2009, 08:04 PM
They're out to get me!
They can't catch me!
I'm fuckin' innocent!
So they can suck me!

Smash_Returns
05-08-2009, 06:05 AM
Yeah, at my job, one of the managers is a total bitch, one's okay, ones a creeper and everyone (both men and women) are afraid he'll try to rape them, and the LP manager just sits there and makes dead baby jokes.

Managers are fucked up.

RageAndLov
05-08-2009, 06:58 AM
Managers are fucked up.

Yeah, down with authority!

SweetTatyana
05-08-2009, 10:00 PM
Yeah, at my job, one of the managers is a total bitch, one's okay, ones a creeper and everyone (both men and women) are afraid he'll try to rape them

Notice every job has a token creep manager? The very first job I had at an AMC, one of the managers was the co-created of Canadian girls gone wild.

_Lost_
05-09-2009, 07:06 AM
At my first job (16 years old), my 42 year old boss was walking around telling coworkers how hot my ass was and stuff like that. *shudders*

Omni
05-09-2009, 08:53 AM
Haha. I worked at Hardee's for like six and a half months. Our 32 year-old general manager was having an affair with one of our 17 year-old register runners. Once he was done with her, he fired her. He also stole $3,000 dollars from the store. And he was a Sunday school teacher who liked to preach to us about doing good and how to hate homosexuals.

Cock Joke
05-09-2009, 11:04 AM
Notice every job has a token creep manager? The very first job I had at an AMC, one of the managers was the co-created of Canadian girls gone wild.

Awesome!

afsd

05-10-2009, 10:12 AM
wait
i thinks posting this might be a bad idea cuz i was watching the news and some girl got fired for bitching about her job in a social networking site
boss man said he dont want workers with attitudes like that
not kidding

they said employers are starting check the web for things like that