PDA

View Full Version : Bootleg Live DVDs

findout5
05-07-2009, 05:53 AM
I came across a bootleg trader here:

http://maggotbootlegs.weebly.com/the-offspring.html

If anyone has something to trade with him and share it with us, it'd be nice...

Tomasisko
05-07-2009, 06:15 AM
ohh Rock For People...I want it but I have nothing special to trade :(

grzybms
05-07-2009, 06:36 AM
ohh Rock For People...I want it but I have nothing special to trade :(

I want it too! I was there :) It would be great to watch it again.

dexterone
05-07-2009, 07:24 AM
I want this from Czech Republic.....Rock For People :(

Andrew.st
05-07-2009, 09:12 AM
Yeah I would like to have it to.I wrote him but he wasn't interested by my offer:(

Ansem
05-07-2009, 09:49 AM
I know that guy... :p

Tomasisko
05-07-2009, 10:24 AM
Ansem, you are our only chance!

findout5
05-07-2009, 11:52 AM
I know that guy... :p

THIS GUY is the one that has the DVD.
You suck!
We've all been trying to get this one for ages!! You even posted stuff on the thread about Rock For People! You have it and you don't share it with us???
I shared a FUCKLOAD of rare videos, and DVDs, and you don't even share the Half-Truism video with other fans??
YOU FUCKIN SUCK! YOU SHOULD BE BANNED FROM THIS BOARD!

RonWelty
05-07-2009, 12:11 PM
THIS GUY is the one that has the DVD.
You suck!
We've all been trying to get this one for ages!! You even posted stuff on the thread about Rock For Ages! You have it and you don't share it with us???
I shared a FUCKLOAD of rare videos, and DVDs, and you don't even share the Half-Truism video with other fans??
YOU FUCKIN SUCK! YOU SHOULD BE BANNED FROM THIS BOARD!

You'll get my vote!!!

Ansem
05-07-2009, 01:20 PM
That's bullshit, I'm just an Offspring fan like you guys.
The reason I don't upload it is simple: in Belgium we have bandwidth limit, so I can't upload or download a lot.
I could upload an .AVI or .WMV version for Half Truism on Youtube or something if you guys want that.

I might send the DVD to one of the guys from Offspringbootlegs.info so one of them can upload it, but I have no time for that atm.

And what's up with the flaming guys? >.> If one of you wanted this DVD, you'd have it. There are a lot more traders then me who have it, believe me.
But it seems like you guys hate traders. You guys don't realise this DVDs only get circulated 'cuz of tapers who trade it with other people.

RonWelty
05-07-2009, 01:42 PM
The reason I don't upload it is simple: in Belgium we have bandwidth limit, so I can't upload or download a lot.
I could upload an .AVI or .WMV version for Half Truism on Youtube or something if you guys want that.

I might send the DVD to one of the guys from Offspringbootlegs.info so one of them can upload it, but I have no time for that atm.

And what's up with the flaming guys? >.> If one of you wanted this DVD, you'd have it. There are a lot more traders then me who have it, believe me.
But it seems like you guys hate traders. You guys don't realise this DVDs only get circulated 'cuz of tapers who trade it with other people.
What video of Half-truism?

NotTheOne_NL
05-07-2009, 03:05 PM
half truism is one of the songs played in Rock for People.

No Traders - No Shows. Think whatever you like about traders......

Oxygene
05-07-2009, 03:38 PM

Um... no you aren't!

If you would you would share that vid. Is it pro shot? I don't remember there being pro cameras? How is the quality?

Tomasisko
05-07-2009, 03:50 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X1TUKesK40k&eurl=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.offspring-world.com%2Frfp2008.php&feature=player_embedded

I think this video is from this bootleg from Rock For People festival. And Oxygene is right. Ansem if you were a real fan, you would share this bootleg with us. You know that a lot of people want it.

Tijs
05-07-2009, 03:53 PM
The reason I don't upload it is simple: in Belgium we have bandwidth limit, so I can't upload or download a lot.That's funny, because the Godfather of sharing Offspring bootlegs is from Belgium too.

Actually, he's the opposite of Godfather.. but still.

NotTheOne_NL
05-07-2009, 04:37 PM
What video of Half-truism?

this video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qd72Jdl3CbY

enjoy it people

Tomasisko
05-07-2009, 04:53 PM
thanx, and the rest of the videos? :)

RonWelty
05-07-2009, 05:09 PM
this video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qd72Jdl3CbY

enjoy it people

Thanks a lot.

nameless
05-07-2009, 05:28 PM
i was gonna offer what i had but it seems he has them already!

jonbb11
05-07-2009, 08:42 PM
Hey so I know this is a little off topic from what you guys are talking about, but do you know where I can get a DVD of the Offspring playing the 2008 KROQ Almost Acoustic Christmas? The entire concert was shot using Pro Shot and the quality looks great. All of the songs are on Youtube, but I was wondering if someone put it to a DVD. I'd be willing to pay for a copy because a video of the show is exactly what I need to remember that great night.

findout5
05-08-2009, 06:27 AM
I ain't gonna thank for anything less than a full DVD!

Ansem, you are not a fan, you're a leech! And don't play dumb with the whole "I had no idea anyone could want that video" - you read and posted on the thread about it!

NotTheOne_NL:
Please share some full DVDs with us!

Ansem
05-08-2009, 09:10 AM
That's funny, because the Godfather of sharing Offspring bootlegs is from Belgium too.

Depends on which provider he has. I only have 30 GB a month. (Upload+download together.)

And why should I share anything with you guys, you guys only flame on traders. ._. If you want it that bad, search someone to trade with. :\

findout5
05-08-2009, 09:14 AM
So, it's OK for you to download and milk everything you can from us fans, but when it comes to giving back it's not?
You're an asshole! Correction, you're a selfish asshole!

Ansem
05-08-2009, 09:20 AM
From the 30 Offspring DVDs on my site, only like 3 were downloaded.
As I said before, I can't download or upload a lot. The other 27 DVDs are all from trading. (Some rare ones still to add.)
You guys just want people to share all discs freely but you don't realise how other people get it: by trading.
There's no way I'll upload the full DVD for you guys, but I can upload a .WMV/.AVI of the full concert.

findout5
05-08-2009, 09:29 AM
YOU SUCK!
I've traded and PAID for a lot of the stuff I've shared on this board, and never once did the "I'll get you something if you give me something in return".
And like me, there's at least a good 5/7 users who have done the same.
You're not like us. You should be banned!

Oxygene
05-08-2009, 09:32 AM
From the 30 Offspring DVDs on my site, only like 3 were downloaded.
As I said before, I can't download or upload a lot. The other 27 DVDs are all from trading. (Some rare ones still to add.)
You guys just want people to share all discs freely but you don't realise how other people get it: by trading.
There's no way I'll upload the full DVD for you guys, but I can upload a .WMV/.AVI of the full concert.

Dude at the risk of sounding like a dick, I'm sure offspringbootlegs would let you upload it (I think there's some policy) but bottom line: if you wanted to you could share. You choose not to. You choose to withhold and trade. Trade for a profit of other videos. It's fucking WRONG to gain from bootlegs (or any work of an artist for that matter), it's not a fine line. If you share freely.. that's still somewhat of a grey area, but trading for profit is WRONG, and there is no excuse for it.

If anyone should profit from that it's the band and their associates.

Also: if every "trader" would freely share what they have, then no one would need to trade to get shit out there now would they?

A true story: I once got a VHS tape in the mail from some random fan from south america, saying he sees I'm a big fan and that I would certainly appreciate it. It was their old san bernadin berubin whatever show, james last show.. When I told the band I had it, they were FUCKING EXTATIC and asked me to make them a copy, which I did and gave it to them, which they circulated amongst themselves.

See what happened there:
Some dude shared with me out of kindness (and for free.. he paid s&h as well as the casette)
I shared with the band
The band shared amongst themselves.

No one needed to trade or get anything in return. If that dude would've been a trader the band wouldn't've gotten the video. I wouldn't've been able to trade him anything for it.

The moral of the story is..

Tijs
05-08-2009, 09:34 AM
Depends on which provider he has. I only have 30 GB a month. (Upload+download together.)

And why should I share anything with you guys, you guys only flame on traders. ._. If you want it that bad, search someone to trade with. :\I think he also had limits.

Traders get flamed because 9 out of 10 people in the Offspring "bootleg community", if we can call it that, shares all the bootlegs. Anyone who has a show uploads it so others can enjoy it too. There's no reason to be selfish about bootlegs, in fact, the less selfish you are, the more bootlegs you'll get.

Ansem
05-08-2009, 09:40 AM
It's true that you get more bootlegs if you're less selfish, but I can't do a lot with that 'cuz of bandwidth limits. :P

@Oxygene: I make no profit, I don't sell bootlegs and I'm 100% against selling bootlegs.

And quoting myself now:

Tomasisko
05-08-2009, 09:54 AM
ohh come on, we want it, you know that. Is it so hard to do a favour for other fans?

Oxygene
05-08-2009, 10:22 AM
It's true that you get more bootlegs if you're less selfish, but I can't do a lot with that 'cuz of bandwidth limits. :P

@Oxygene: I make no profit, I don't sell bootlegs and I'm 100% against selling bootlegs.

And quoting myself now:

profit doesn't only manifest in cash dude...

Ansem
05-08-2009, 10:55 AM
Trading is a hobby, for fun. It's not about profit. (At least not for me.)
You loose a lot more money with trading then having profit. (Discs costs and postal costs.)

findout5
05-08-2009, 05:16 PM
I see the way the salesmen stare into the sun
I stood and watched them as they fell off one by one
And everyone‘s so blind
They‘re not to help mankind
Reach into your bag of tricks and pull another one
You don‘t want to change the world
Like you say
You‘re in it for yourself
No one else
You‘re ready
Saving yourself
You‘re gonna change the world
You‘re ready
Saving yourself
Now when the day is set they‘ll line up all the same
And those that need the most will never get or gain
The ones you call your friends
Are failing you again
Reach into your bag of tricks and make it go away
Like you say
No one else
You‘re ready
Saving yourself
You‘re ready
Saving yourself
And since you ain‘t what you say
Then just go away
Cause some don‘t lie
Some don‘t lie
Go on now they won‘t tell
Go on now and save yourself

NotTheOne_NL
05-09-2009, 02:33 AM
http://www.offspring.com/forums/showthread.php?p=1301062#post1301062

Jesus
05-09-2009, 04:49 AM
That's funny, because the Godfather of sharing Offspring bootlegs is from Belgium too.

I'm more like the Pinky of sharing bootlegs.

Narf!

Oxygene
05-09-2009, 05:46 AM
I see the way the salesmen stare into the sun
I stood and watched them as they fell off one by one
And everyone‘s so blind
They‘re not to help mankind
Reach into your bag of tricks and pull another one
Like you say
No one else
You‘re ready
Saving yourself
You‘re ready
Saving yourself
Now when the day is set they‘ll line up all the same
And those that need the most will never get or gain
The ones you call your friends
Are failing you again
Reach into your bag of tricks and make it go away
Like you say
No one else
You‘re ready
Saving yourself
You‘re ready
Saving yourself
And since you ain‘t what you say
Then just go away
Cause some don‘t lie
Some don‘t lie
Go on now they won‘t tell
Go on now and save yourself

Way to be subtle :)

RonWelty
05-09-2009, 05:49 AM
i see the way the salesmen stare into the sun
i stood and watched them as they fell off one by one
and everyone‘s so blind
they‘re not to help mankind
reach into your bag of tricks and pull another one
you don‘t want to change the world
like you say
you‘re in it for yourself
no one else
you‘re ready
saving yourself
you‘re gonna change the world
you‘re ready
saving yourself
now when the day is set they‘ll line up all the same
and those that need the most will never get or gain
the ones you call your friends
are failing you again
reach into your bag of tricks and make it go away
you don‘t want to change the world
like you say
you‘re in it for yourself
no one else
you‘re ready
saving yourself
you‘re ready
saving yourself
and since you ain‘t what you say
then just go away
cause some don‘t lie
some don‘t lie
go on now they won‘t tell
go on now and save yourself
i want you bad

findout5
05-09-2009, 06:36 AM
Fine guys...but I won't wear highlights. I might trip and fall :p

NotTheOne_NL: Thank you for coming through and being a fan. We all appreciate it!

TakesMeNowhere28
05-14-2009, 10:56 PM
I burned one of the 2008 live shows after the release of RAFRAG. When they did Kristy Are You Doing Okay, Dexter sang the wrong line in the second verse. I guess it happens even to the best of them. I bet it confused the guy that was singing backup on the line though.

The line in the actual song goes "Oh clouds of time seem to rain on innocence left behind."

Dexter sang "Oh clouds of time seem to wash away the scenes of our crimes."