mrs_hollandova
05-08-2009, 01:07 AM
Not bad, just a little bit boring :rolleyes:

Trek
05-08-2009, 02:35 AM
I have to say, I'm amazed :O.

Hypodermic_89
05-08-2009, 03:14 AM
We should celebrate with grapejuice. Where's the grapejuice?

Tomasisko
05-08-2009, 03:36 AM
I will be critical... :D

yeah Offspring is popular band, but making this sweet shit from song like Self Esteem? How dare she?! Sorry, but I can't accept something like that.

Rutegard
05-08-2009, 03:56 AM
she's good but i cant believe there are guys out there that mean.

randman21
05-08-2009, 04:06 AM
Dammit, all the girls who cover this are the most important thing away from the song. "It's okay because I like the abuse" makes me want to cry, which is not what I should be feeling when I hear this song!

That said, she is very good. Better than the other one that was posted a few months ago.

Budzy
05-08-2009, 04:14 AM
I agree with Randy, it's just too depressing.

Jojan
05-08-2009, 04:29 AM
The lyrics are incorrect.

And it would much funnier if she sang "When he's saying that he wants only me \ Then I wonder why he sleeps with my mom".

Free?
05-08-2009, 05:10 AM
Helloooooooooo!
This is a cover of Self Esteem, by the Offspring, done on keyboard. I was listening to the radio in my car one day, and the original song came on. I thought... this could definetely be done from a female's perspective. So, I did it.
xo
She did fine, some might argue about this and that but it's a matter of personal expectations.
I think that drumline would make her cover more enjoyable.

Rooster
05-08-2009, 05:16 AM
Well, you have to admit, she is a good singer, she deffinitely is talented.

Not bad at all.

SweetTatyana
05-08-2009, 10:54 PM
Yeah I like it, put an interesting spin on it.

zsk
05-10-2009, 07:52 AM
check this girl out, she rocks!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2_TYMAfdqF8&feature=related

good singer!
i hate womans voice! (on rock songs!)

Nitro Punk
05-10-2009, 10:08 AM
She's tallented for sure! never heard a version of self esteem like this one before .It is something different,it sounds so sweet !

mip_04
05-11-2009, 06:00 PM
i hate womans voice! (on rock songs!)

I'm a girl and I also hate female voices, but I can say that I liked it... Her voice is good...:p

rockbeer
05-11-2009, 09:44 PM
She's kinda annoying on the chorus, but I really enjoyed the rest of the song.

It's completely different, and not my style, but she has a hell of a good/sweet voice.

the Mota Boy
05-12-2009, 03:09 AM
I hate to be critical of something subjective like this. It's obvious that she wasn't trying to cover the song exactly as it was written so it's going to have major variations that will come down to personal taste and in music. However, if I may be so bold as to interject my own personality into this thread, I would have to say that she damaged the song. That's not to say it isn't good. She did a great job. The keyboard was a nice touch and she has a beautiful voice, but she changed the phrasing in a way that disrupts the power of the chorus.

- She wants only me
- He wants only... me

Dexter sings it all in eigth notes and it gives the song a drving power. The rest that she uses just kills that.

The other problem is more of a quirk that I have, being a guy and all. She changed the lyrics. Yes she's a girl. Yes girls have these same kinds of problems, and yes, she might have a harder time relating when she's singing about some other chick. But now for me the sides have changed. It would be like me singing Beyonce's "But you're just a boy." ... Kinda wierd.

Don't get me wrong. I'm sympathetic towards anybody who's gone through shitty relationships like this. I had a girl-something that couldn't decide whether we were friends, whether we should date, or whether she just hated me; though she had no problem running around with every other guy while she made up her mind. So I can really relate to Self Esteem, and she has a right to relate to the song as well. I commend her for make an excellent cover. It's beautiful and I can appreciate her touch on it. However, I'm going to have to keep to the original because... well, you know... I have a dick.

Seriously, though. Nice cover.