PDA

View Full Version : May 30th Las Vegas show

Golf pro
05-08-2009, 05:14 PM
Ok all, who is going to the Las Vegas show May 30th? I will be there at The Palms and it is gonna be STRONG!! I got great seats (202 row k seat 14-15). The Peal at The Palms is the greatest most intimate place with the BEST accoustics in Vegas.....And maybe anywhere. It will be their 3rd show in 3 nights in 3 different states. I hope they have been eating their Wheaties!! Jerry "Golf Pro" Crowell

jonbb11
05-08-2009, 05:17 PM
Yeah I'll be there. Ive got bomb seats also. With such an intimate venue they should hold a meet and greet for us fans. That'd make it a really complete night. Should be fun though

Golf pro
05-08-2009, 05:21 PM
Dude, that would be great. I have not seen them in a LONG time. We went to high school together (graduated together) and it would be cool to see them face to face again. Well, they probably won't though.

SuperKnux
05-10-2009, 06:31 PM
Hey Golf Pro, I bought two tickets just now for me and my brother and we are both seperated. One is in the balcony level (SECTION 302 ROW J) and the other is BOX316 ROW B.

I was wondering since you've been in that venue before, are they a good spot? I've never been so far back at a show before and was wondering if the view would be decent enough.

Golf pro
05-13-2009, 06:36 AM
Box 316B is pretty close to the stage! Quite the side view but good. Anyways, ALL seats are good there. People will buy tix thinking that some are really good and others are bad. But when they get there they see that it is such an intimate atmosphere that all the seats are good. Can't wait, counting the days!

SUpdizzle
05-13-2009, 05:16 PM
We have got some bomb seats too section 105 row E. I can't wait!!

SuperKnux
05-31-2009, 01:40 AM
Man, the show was friggin' awesome.

I was at the Austin one, and noticed it was a little short. (They didn't play either "A Lot Like Me" or "Fix You". Nor did they play "Gotta Get Away" as they have in shows prior to this one.)

However, we got "Walla Walla" and mutha fuckin' "Gone Away" was entirely done in piano. The band never even came in at all. It was strictly bare-bones and stripped. I fucking loved it!

Oh, it was also a treat to see visuals/lights as the backdrop. In Austin, they didn't have a single backdrop so that was cool.

I got to meet the guy from Street Dogs after the show. Oh also the mosh pit was totally tame. It was pretty lackluster compared to the Texas crowd which seemed to be batshit crazy the entire night.

All in all, a fantastic fucking show. If you guys haven't gone out to the Shit Is Fucked Up Tour, I suggest you get your fucking asses there. It's a trip!

PS. Vegas is fun. This is such a great vacation, though there are way to many hookers here. lulz

jonbb11
05-31-2009, 04:10 PM
yeah I went last night too... great great great show. Seeing them at such an intimate venue definitely is quite an experience. This band live is like no other, the crowd always gets so into it, and they still come out to support this band.

Saphirin
05-31-2009, 07:29 PM
that show last night totally rocked out!! it was my first time and I waited 10 years to see them live!

I loved how the setlist consisted mostly of old classics, that knew exactly what the fans wanted to hear and they delivered it perfectly. I stood right up against the barricade and I was just going nuts when a good song was played, my neck and arm still hurts! OFFSPRING! OFFSPRING! OFFSPRING! OFFSPRING! OFFSPRING! OFFSPRING! OFFSPRING! OFFSPRING! OFFSPRING! OFFSPRING!

Golf pro
06-02-2009, 09:41 PM
I thought the mosh pit had some good play in there. All in all though the music was so increadibly great that everyone was into the music more than moshing. It was the BEST show ever!!!! The band even said so. I feel blessed to have been there. Life changing experience, truly. And yes, "Gone Away" with only Dexter on the piano was beyond cool. Remember when he said, "I am a serious musician!!" HA!! That was great. Plus I played Southern Highlands Golf Club the day before. What a great great 2 days!!
Man, the show was friggin' awesome.

I was at the Austin one, and noticed it was a little short. (They didn't play either "A Lot Like Me" or "Fix You". Nor did they play "Gotta Get Away" as they have in shows prior to this one.)

However, we got "Walla Walla" and mutha fuckin' "Gone Away" was entirely done in piano. The band never even came in at all. It was strictly bare-bones and stripped. I fucking loved it!

Oh, it was also a treat to see visuals/lights as the backdrop. In Austin, they didn't have a single backdrop so that was cool.

I got to meet the guy from Street Dogs after the show. Oh also the mosh pit was totally tame. It was pretty lackluster compared to the Texas crowd which seemed to be batshit crazy the entire night.

All in all, a fantastic fucking show. If you guys haven't gone out to the Shit Is Fucked Up Tour, I suggest you get your fucking asses there. It's a trip!

PS. Vegas is fun. This is such a great vacation, though there are way to many hookers here. lulz

SUpdizzle
06-03-2009, 10:06 AM
I would have to agree, out of all 7 Offspring Concerts that I have seen the Vegas show was by far the best. They really seemed on their game and the crowd was great... Street Dogs were impressive both in Vegas and even more so in Phoenix, Alkaline Trio did not seem like a good fit.

Upgrayedd
06-05-2009, 02:05 AM
Awesome show, probably the best one I've been too. Made me really want an ndm2.

I did miss Ron and Higgins though:(