PDA

View Full Version : Tinted Windows

Llamas
05-10-2009, 10:55 PM
Tinted Windows are: Taylor Hanson (lead vocals), James Iha (guitar), Adam Schlesinger (bass), and Bun E. Carlos (drums).

Taylor Hanson is best known as a member of Hanson, the multi-million-selling trio of brothers from Tulsa who have been recording and touring since 1992. James Iha was one of the original members of the Smashing Pumpkins, and has also been a member of A Perfect Circle and a solo artist. Adam Schlesinger is in the bands Fountains Of Wayne and Ivy. Bun E. Carlos is the drummer of the legendary Cheap Trick, with whom he has played since the group's inception in 1974.
-----------

I just heard of this band and it sounds awesome. Has anyone heard of them before? I'm totally gonna check out their album.

You can hear a couple songs here http://www.tintedwindowsmusic.com/site/tintedwindowsmusic/section/4

I totally hear the fountains of wayne influence in these songs...

Outerspaceman21
05-10-2009, 11:21 PM
Holy crap. That line up is pretty epic, but how the hell did Taylor Hansen get added to the mix?

Outerspaceman21
05-10-2009, 11:26 PM
And the music is alright. Taylor still sounds like he's 14, which is weird.

And James' guitar has a good sound to it.

SuperKnux
05-10-2009, 11:27 PM
Like every twat before me, I was going to come in here and be like, "..this has to be a joke."

But after listening to some of the songs, it's actually kinda cool. It doesn't suck. It's decent pop rock and I like that just fine. I think the fact that the line-up is so random is what turns people off so quickly.

Llamas
05-10-2009, 11:37 PM
Holy crap. That line up is pretty epic, but how the hell did Taylor Hansen get added to the mix?

And the music is alright. Taylor still sounds like he's 14, which is weird.

And James' guitar has a good sound to it.

lol. Taylor is a very talented musician. He's always tried to sound like Michael Jackson, which is cool and annoying at the same time... but that's part of why he still sounds a lot the same. His lyrics are a hell of a lot better now, though. And yeah James is super good!

Like every twat before me, I was going to come in here and be like, "..this has to be a joke."

But after listening to some of the songs, it's actually kinda cool. It doesn't suck. It's decent pop rock and I like that just fine. I think the fact that the line-up is so random is what turns people off so quickly.

lol... yeah it's nothing earth shattering or extremely unique... but it's good! I downloaded the album and I really dig it. If you can, listen to "Cha Cha". It's got a really good bluesy sound to it.

RageAndLov
05-11-2009, 11:23 AM
I think they were pretty mediocre.

Omni
05-12-2009, 02:24 PM
llamas, I love you. Why do you never ever let me down?

Llamas
05-12-2009, 05:58 PM
llamas, I love you. Why do you never ever let me down?

haha! They're good, aren't they?!

Omni
05-12-2009, 06:52 PM
I was surprised to find the bassist wrote almost every song on the album, being the least famous of the four. It's definitely inspired me to check out some more Fountains of Wayne.

Llamas
05-12-2009, 07:03 PM
I was surprised to find the bassist wrote almost every song on the album, being the least famous of the four. It's definitely inspired me to check out some more Fountains of Wayne.

Oh wow! Yeah definitely interesting! I wouldn't have expected that. The only Fountains of Wayne song I know is Stacy's Mom, and that song wasn't really particularly well-written, haha.

Omni
05-12-2009, 07:08 PM
I think I'm just a sucker for catchy music in general, regardless of the genre. And Stacy's Mom was catchy as a fishing net. He's also apparently written songs for other bands.