PDA

View Full Version : The end begins on May 21st

Free?
05-12-2009, 10:26 AM
This movie deserves its own thread. I hope so. From what I've seen in trailers it looks very promising. The Day The Whole World Went Away is like a perfect soundtrack for the trailer <3.

Also check out the latest and longest trailer http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IcYdjHpJUV8&feature=popular

The official website http://terminatorsalvation.warnerbros.com/

P.S.: I love landscapes and explosions in this one.

Outerspaceman21
05-12-2009, 11:01 AM
I'm excited for it.

wheelchairman
05-12-2009, 12:38 PM
Gonna spend on night with friends watching the trilogy just to get pumped for this film.

F@ BANKZ
05-12-2009, 12:49 PM
I misread your post to the extent I expected to be linked to that Keearno Reeves film.

Outerspaceman21
05-12-2009, 01:53 PM
I misread your post to the extent I expected to be linked to that Keearno Reeves film.

You mean that film with Michael Rennie that was remade just to fuck up the good name. Now, whenever someone hears The Day The Earth Stood Still, they automatically think of Keanu fucking Reeves.

It makes me want to punch babies.

Lizardus
05-12-2009, 02:57 PM
Gonna spend on night with friends watching the trilogy just to get pumped for this film.

You mean 1, 2 ant then 1 again, right?

Free?
06-06-2009, 03:42 AM
So finally I watched it.
I'm pleased. It was close to perfect thanks to all the imperfect corny and cliche stuff it had. Like giant robot appearing out of nowhere in the middle of the desert, like a metal-made cyborg that could swim, like the bike-terminators (why the hell Skynet would even need those?) and the fact that bike was actually designed to fit the human, like the head center of Skynet had actually only few (or even a single?) terminator there, like another terminator wearing a dirty headband (laughed my ass there), like people introducing themselves by their full names (not simply "Kyle" etc) and like hundreds other not-so-professionally done moments. :) But, it was one of those rare cases when such things added to the movie. I loved nearly all of them because it was VERY Terminator-like.

It's a really outstanding movie in the sense that I didn't diss its weak spots, but actually thought they were making it better.

The action scenes were great. Some of them were funny (the bike chase scene on the bridge and how it ended is just one of them), so I laughed quite a lot and quite often. Once again, it had the Terminator-feeling.

Acting wasn't top-notch but co90ol, I can't say that Bale did bad, but he didn't do anything outstanding, Sam Worthington actually acted noticeably better than him. Michael Ironside and his crew were too full of cliche, but acceptable, Moon Bloodgod or whatever that asian chick with some elf-name fitted the movie good, except that she shouldn't have painted her eyes for the ending scene, Helena Bonham Carter (a.k.a. Marla from Fight Club and Mrs Lovett from Sweeney Todd) was another cool cliche, the naked big guy made the audience cheer a lot, I'm glad they didn't go all out with big-name actors and took some not familiar ones too.

Also, it had those Terminatory lines like "When you're holding a gun be ready to shoot it" and many cameos and references to the prequel movies. <3 !

Definitely not a disappointment! The cynical me would give it 7.5-8/10, but the emotional part of me gives it 9.5/10. Yay, I had a very pleasant evening.

P.S.: Did anyone feel the TDK-vibe during the Connor night bridge scene?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------
P.P.S: From here I declare the spoiler alert, those who watched it: let's openly discuss any detail/moment about the movie, those who didn't: you are warned!

wheelchairman
06-06-2009, 07:10 AM
Ah the motorcycle things weren't that cheesy, they were meant to collect humans since the 'collector-robot-thing' was too big and bulky to do a good job.

I really enjoyed that movie. The only fault I could seriously find was that the opening scene should've been moved to the 3rd act of the film instead of being the first scene. It just seems kinda amateurish to give everything away so early on.

Because its obvious from that very scene that Marcus will be like the first terminator ever or something.

wheelchairman
06-06-2009, 07:30 AM
Ah the motorcycle things weren't that cheesy, they were meant to collect humans since the 'collector-robot-thing' was too big and bulky to do a good job.

I really enjoyed that movie. The only fault I could seriously find was that the opening scene should've been moved to the 3rd act of the film instead of being the first scene. It just seems kinda amateurish to give everything away so early on.

Because its obvious from that very scene that Marcus will be like the first terminator ever or something.

Outerspaceman21
06-06-2009, 08:51 AM
I liked it. It was a nice change of pace from the other terminator movie. Christian Bale, however, wasn't that great. I don't know why, but he just didn't seem right for John Conner. Everyone else was great. Kyle Reese was friggin awesome.

I also liked the cameo of the boombox from T2.

Free?
06-07-2009, 02:53 AM

I can't imagine how they could collect humans. They could chase cars on the road, but not on the open desert field and shoot, but that doesn't seem very practical to me, Skynet definitely could come up with a much better machine. The only logical thing was that they were carried by the "Collector", that makes sense. But I'm glad the filmmakers added them, the result was great.

RageAndLov
06-07-2009, 06:56 AM
The end actually begins December 21st, 2012 (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2012_doomsday_prediction)