PDA

View Full Version : Thought

Al Coholic
05-12-2009, 11:25 AM
Ever enter in your birthday online as something really old just for shits? At a lot of places, if you enter in a birthday that's over 100 years old, you get something like this:

You have entered an invalid birthday

That's from this site. Apparently, some birthdays aren't valid. So I've gotten to thinking, suppose you were old as shit? Like 103? And you're damn proud of it, in addition to being old and stubborn and here's this fucking site that won't let you register by your real age. I'd be pissed. I'd even sue. I mean I have no plans of living past 70 but if I'm on this Earth an extra 30some miserable years of full of senility and decreased mobility I'm gonna make sure everyone knows. I shouldn't have to lie about my age, I'm a hundred and fucking three. How has this never come up? I'm sure there aren't many 100 year olds on the internet....but still. It would just take one making a big deal out of this.

Cbonham5
05-12-2009, 11:38 AM
What if somebody's like, 99 years old and 100 is the cutoff for "Invalid" age's? does the site just erase them from the database once their birthday is no longer valid? You know what, I'm gonna try that...

Cbonham5
05-12-2009, 11:48 AM
...alright, since "That One Guy" was apparently taken, i used "That Other Guy", born in May 13, 1909. We'll see how it goes.

Adriann
05-12-2009, 12:17 PM
the age would either keep increasing or just stop at 100. or make you enter your birthday again

T-6005
05-12-2009, 12:18 PM
Old people don't listen to The Offspring.

Free?
05-12-2009, 12:19 PM
So, is it your real birthday this time, Al? I think it wasn't too long ago when according to BD list you became 88.

Oh yes they do!

AllIn All It's Not So Bad
05-12-2009, 12:51 PM
So, is it your real birthday this time, Al? I think it wasn't too long ago when according to BD list you became 88.

Oh yes they do!

so old people listen to the offspring
it would be interesting to know which do

Free?
05-12-2009, 01:13 PM
so old people listen to the offspring
it would be interesting to know which do

The coolest ones! :P
Like this gentleman.
http://www.offspring.com/ofe/content/photos/fullsize/1708623853-N1618-N2169.JPG

In some interviews Dexter says that their audience is very wide age-wise as they see parents and grandparents with their children on their shows.

T-6005
05-12-2009, 01:17 PM
I wasn't fully serious - though I do seriously doubt that The Offspring have many octagenarian fans.

05-12-2009, 01:17 PM
that is awesome

Oxygene
05-12-2009, 02:19 PM

Not true.. my great grandma lived to be a 106, and I showed her some offspring so she did listen to it :)

05-12-2009, 02:41 PM
why do Most europeans live so long
is it cuz they take of what they eat and stay active cuz MOST(not all) americans eat, drink smoke weed, or play video games
my friend considers exercise walking from his house to mine and
i ran to his in 5 mins

Oxygene
05-13-2009, 01:08 AM
why do Most europeans live so long
is it cuz they take of what they eat and stay active cuz MOST(not all) americans eat, drink smoke weed, or play video games
my friend considers exercise walking from his house to mine and
i ran to his in 5 mins

Actually I think more Europeans smoke than americans, more Europeans drink probably (esp in CEE), weed and video games we can't yet afford properly - which is weird 'cause weed is cheaper than booze but whatever.. and the only true difference against the americans is the amounts of processed foods they eat. Although diets like the germans with their wurst and beer or the french with their pastries and wine aren't ones that are very healthy.

Llamas
05-13-2009, 11:26 AM
Actually I think more Europeans smoke than americans, more Europeans drink probably (esp in CEE), weed and video games we can't yet afford properly - which is weird 'cause weed is cheaper than booze but whatever.. and the only true difference against the americans is the amounts of processed foods they eat. Although diets like the germans with their wurst and beer or the french with their pastries and wine aren't ones that are very healthy.

We also never walk anywhere. We drive literally for everything.

Germany is the second fattest in Europe (After England), so don't be too surprised about their diet. :P

RageAndLov
05-13-2009, 02:50 PM
On MySpace you cannot be older than 100 years.
I have thought about the same thing. When our generation is over 100 years old and the internet still excist, what then? People are just getting older and older with all this new technology, medicaments, doctors, hygiene etc.

In 80 years++ something better than the internet probably excist, but people over 100 are not known for being the best inovators, and if there's something new called the GigaGalaticaWeb (or something like that), we would be too conservative at that point to adapt soemthing new like that.

Bipolar Bear
05-13-2009, 03:08 PM
I have thought about the same thing. When our generation is over 100 years old and the internet still excist, what then? People are just getting older and older with all this new technology, medicaments, doctors, hygiene etc.

In 80 years++ something better than the internet probably excist, but people over 100 are not known for being the best inovators, and if there's something new called the GigaGalaticaWeb (or something like that), we would be too conservative at that point to adapt soemthing new like that.

It would be like, "look at those old fags who still use the internet! Which era do they think they're in, the prehistoric one?"

WebDudette
05-13-2009, 03:22 PM
On myspace the age just continues to increase. If you set your age at 99 three years ago it will now be 102.

RageAndLov
05-13-2009, 04:30 PM
On myspace the age just continues to increase. If you set your age at 99 three years ago it will now be 102.

Oh, okay. Well, it's too bad for people born in 1908 and earlier.

Al Coholic
05-15-2009, 08:56 AM

Definately. The idea that people would communicate with simple text and still pictures will seem ridiculously boring 80 years from now. Much in the way 80 years ago people read papers as the main source of news. They'll probably have holograms you can fuck by the year 2095, and won't believe that a hundred years ago people paid as much to slowly download nude still-images.

RageAndLov
05-15-2009, 09:07 AM
Definately. The idea that people would communicate with simple text and still pictures will seem ridiculously boring 80 years from now. Much in the way 80 years ago people read papers as the main source of news. They'll probably have holograms you can fuck by the year 2095, and won't believe that a hundred years ago people paid as much to slowly download nude still-images.

Hahaha, probably. :p

Bipolar Bear
05-15-2009, 09:11 AM
or they'll have fuckable robots. People just won't believe we were stupid enough to endure the annoyingness of real women at the time. Yay for progress :]

0r4ng3
05-15-2009, 10:03 AM
Fuckable robots just leads to Electro-gonorrhea, "The Noisy Killer".

DON'T DATE ROBOTS!