PDA

View Full Version : imbedding?

Al Coholic
05-15-2009, 07:26 AM
Not sure if that's the phrase, but it'd be tight if instead of giving links to a youtube video, people could just imbed them into the board so all you'd have to do is click play.

Bipolar Bear
05-15-2009, 08:39 AM
I agree. I have thought of this before.
I'm in favour of allowing HTML in one's posts. The possibilities!
I understand that with such great power though, some could use it for the wrong reasons (ex. causing a popup to appear or whatnot).
Simply allowing imbedding though doesn't seem like a dangerous idea!

Bipolar Bear
05-15-2009, 08:43 AM
By the way, what the fuck:

http://manyprizes.webs.com/fsavg.JPG

Something wrong with the percentage? lol

dff_punk
05-15-2009, 08:54 AM
Isn't it called embedding? I know, just a small mistake and maybe on purpose.

Tijs
05-15-2009, 09:47 AM
By the way, what the fuck:

http://manyprizes.webs.com/fsavg.JPG

Something wrong with the percentage? lol

That happens when someone votes for both options. So 4 out of 4 people voted the first option, but one of them also voted for the other one, hence the 25%.

Al Coholic
05-15-2009, 09:48 AM
Uh yeah, it was on purpose. Cuz uh, it'll attract more attention that way. Yup, definately know my spelling and that was totally on purpose. Not a mistake. Intentional.

BPB - poll allows checking mutiple boxes. 4 voters voted 5 times.

Little_Miss_1565
05-15-2009, 09:52 AM
I agree. I have thought of this before.
I'm in favour of allowing HTML in one's posts. The possibilities!
I understand that with such great power though, some could use it for the wrong reasons (ex. causing a popup to appear or whatnot).
Simply allowing imbedding though doesn't seem like a dangerous idea!

Allowing HTML opens up the door for way too much abuse, and there's no way to allow embedding without allowing HTML. Sorry, y'all.

Bipolar Bear
05-15-2009, 10:08 AM
Allowing HTML opens up the door for way too much abuse, and there's no way to allow embedding without allowing HTML. Sorry, y'all.

I've seen forums have specific buttons which allowed you to post the youtube embed and it would work, but wouldn't allow other forms of html. It's definitely possible but maybe too much of a hassle to get working.

Okay, I get the poll percentages now. Duh.

RageAndLov
05-15-2009, 01:47 PM
I have thought from the start that embedding should be allowed here.

Tijs
05-15-2009, 01:57 PM
I've seen forums have specific buttons which allowed you to post the youtube embed and it would work, but wouldn't allow other forms of html. It's definitely possible but maybe too much of a hassle to get working.It's possible but I'm not sure it's featured in the vBulletin system. Either way, I'm glad it's not available because how much trouble is it to click on a link?

Al Coholic
05-15-2009, 03:42 PM
A lot. You gotta open the window, have the window load, click play, wait for the video to load...

Tijs
05-15-2009, 03:51 PM
The last two don't count, you'd have to do that if they were embedded here too.

Al Coholic
05-15-2009, 03:53 PM
Yeah but still.

The Talking Pie
05-15-2009, 04:08 PM
I could write that mod for vBulletin in under five minutes. All you need is a JS prompt() call for a button on input (you'd just copy the video ID/whatever) and a simple str_replace() PHP call on display.

Bipolar Bear
05-15-2009, 07:23 PM
I could write that mod for vBulletin in under five minutes. All you need is a JS prompt() call for a button on input (you'd just copy the video ID/whatever) and a simple str_replace() PHP call on display.

The admin should hire you!
The last time they improved the forum's layout was like..never lol

Cock Joke
05-17-2009, 08:32 AM
Next time I make a poll, I'm making all the options be "yes" or "no" in different variations.

Also, voting on every option FTW!!!

Outerspaceman21
05-17-2009, 10:31 AM
I agree with the mods. It would be abused. Honestly, who cares? The only difference is which window you watch it in, which frankly isn't a big deal.

Jojan
05-18-2009, 06:03 AM
I vote no because YouTube suck and Adobe Flash suck.

Biggest offspring fan
05-19-2009, 03:28 PM

You only like meatballs.

Olive
05-20-2009, 03:39 PM

YouTube is awsome. Thats where I watch all the Offspring videos.

Bipolar Bear
05-20-2009, 05:29 PM
Youtube is still pretty nice but it used to be 5 times better before google bought it. Some music videos are completely removed now due to new rules, as well as all the copyrighted material (full movies, television shows, etc). I remember watching prisonbreak episodes on
youtube - good times.

SelfEsteem94
06-08-2009, 12:51 AM
i love YouTube,
i just hate the douchebags that ruin it.