PDA

View Full Version : Lost it during 'Gone Away' in Camden

Merlin0007
05-18-2009, 09:23 AM
We drove from Florida to see the show in Camden N.J. Awesome set! I wish it was longer, but we'll be at the show at the Hard Rock venue in Orlando. When Dexter was wheeled out with the Piano and played 'Gone Away' I was overwhelmed with the memories of one of my closest friends from long ago that was taken away in a crash while being chased by an angry boyfriend. I think of her everytime I hear that song. It was like a ton of bricks and I just fell apart at that moment. It was joy, sorrow, memories of partying and fun, road trips, just dropping in to say hi at work, all the good times. I miss you, Dawn. The future lost is felt often. Bandmates, thanks for that song. Writing it and playing it. It helps to keep her alive in my heart and I am sure there are many others with stories like this one.
Mike

Mark Rooster
05-18-2009, 10:02 AM
The piano version of "Gone Away" was definitely a highlight from last night's show. Great song, and possibly made even better with the piano.

Americana98
05-18-2009, 10:43 AM
I agree. Epic.

mklemp92
05-18-2009, 03:45 PM
I agree, even though I suspected that they were gonna play it from watching the boards here the past week, I was blown away. Great performance. It was my first offspring show and will not be my last. I was pumped when they played intermission also. :)

SuperKnux
05-18-2009, 03:50 PM
I have only seen the performances through the YouTube links, but I can already tell just how amazing this version is. I'm going to be heading out to Austin, TX tomorrow, and I can't wait to see/hear this for myself. It's a very powerful song as it is, so I can only imagine how much more amazing it must be by adding piano.